Opel Insignia 2017

therock

Supersonic

Tried to find the OMV of Insignia on LTA's website.  No data can be found for the last 4 months.  Means not a single Insignia was sold?

No wonder when I went to the showroom about 2 months ago to test drive, the salesperson said that I can make a offer and their management will consider.

Looks like sales is jialat for this model.

So far I saw one before.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The current pricing for the A4 makes it very competitive..

For a bit more than the Insignia you get a premium small sedan..

If you don't mind the interior space that will be around that of a Corolla or Civic, the A4 is very impressive in build and uses that wet DSG GB.

• Praise 1

If you don't mind the interior space that will be around that of a Corolla or Civic, the A4 is very impressive in build and uses that wet DSG GB.

Yes, this A4 is cheaper than Superb and Passat 

The current generation A4 is a size larger, per the width and wheelbase numbers below.  Closer to Camry size by the numbers. 

That said, the A4 does feel a touch smaller in the flesh than the numbers would seem to imply.  Camry certainly feels more spacious, despite the numbers. 

Civic

4630 x 1799 x 1416 (LxWxH)

2700 Wheelbase

Altis

4620 x 1775 x 1460

2700 Wheelbase

A4

4726 x 1842 x 1427

2820 Wheelbase

Camry

4850 x 1825 x 1470

2775 Wheelbase

Edited by Fungyee77
  • Praise 1

It's true that the A4 is longer but not all of it translates into interior space. The Camry and Corolla have better space packaging that allows these cars to rival much larger sedans.

Got a dislike cos some just cant tell a sacasm from one.

Very sad people.

They simply wants to hear people condemn conti cars and favours jap.

I don't understand the rational of comparing large sedan like Passat, Insignia, Superb to premium compact like C-Class, A4, 3 Series. To me, these are different category of car catering to different needs. Back to topic, Having test drove the 1.5l Insignia and the new Superb, I will prefer Insignia as the interior is more solid screw together. There is more driver assistant gadget and the Aisin gearbox definitely give you peace of mind over the DSG of Superb be it wet or dry.

I don't understand the rational of comparing large sedan like Passat, Insignia, Superb to premium compact like C-Class, A4, 3 Series. To me, these are different category of car catering to different needs. Back to topic, Having test drove the 1.5l Insignia and the new Superb, I will prefer Insignia as the interior is more solid screw together. There is more driver assistant gadget and the Aisin gearbox definitely give you peace of mind over the DSG of Superb be it wet or dry.

Insignia's driver assistant gadget is unbeatable, literally have everything. This applies to the innovation premium edition 1.5L engine and above, iirc

But the liftback is not electric, so that's one downside.

There are many ways to compare, price range is one. A4 price happens to be in this range, so I am considering it. Just sharing my views

Edited by Lotr

You have doubts about dsg gearbox?
  • Dislike 1

Insignia's driver assistant gadget is unbeatable, literally have everything. This applies to the innovation premium edition 1.5L engine and above, iirc

But the liftback is not electric, so that's one downside.

There are many ways to compare, price range is one. A4 price happens to be in this range, so I am considering it. Just sharing my views

I understand about the pricing. But then if you are looking at A4, probably size isn't your main consideration hence maybe large sedan isn't what you really need. 

You have doubts about dsg gearbox?

Plenty be it wet or dry. Mechatronic to bearings to flywheel clutch. DCT need more TLC than a full auto tranny for sure. If my intention is to drive the car till scrap or even beyond the 10 years, cars with DCT is definitely off my list.

Edited by theory_87
  • Praise 1

I understand about the pricing. But then if you are looking at A4, probably size isn't your main consideration hence maybe large sedan isn't what you really need.

For similar price can get larger size of course better lah. Smaller sedan but better badge also can consider.

In the end, it will always be a trade off.

But isn't it good that premium brand can lower their price to compete with less premium brands?

For similar price can get larger size of course better lah. Smaller sedan but better badge also can consider.

In the end, it will always be a trade off.

But isn't it good that premium brand can lower their price to compete with less premium brands?

If that happens to A6, E-Class or 5 Series, I'm all for it (I can keep dreaming) 

Badge lo brother.. Badge is the rationale behind it. People look at you driving the four rings they will be like "Audi seh" but you drive the lightning logo they will be like "That one is what ah?"  [laugh]  

• Praise 1

Badge lo brother.. Badge is the rationale behind it. People look at you driving the four rings they will be like "Audi seh" but you drive the lightning logo they will be like "That one is what ah?" [laugh]

In fact it’s the other round. People see Audi, Oh audi, quite common nowadays. My so and so also have an Audi. But if Insignia, it arouse a lot of curiosity. German made ah? How much ah? For this price, you get this look, space, quite good ah etc etc. And it’s unique, likely no one else in your circle of friends drive one. You actually get more attention driving insignia than an Audi because it’s uncommon.
  • Praise 1

In fact it’s the other round. People see Audi, Oh audi, quite common nowadays. My so and so also have an Audi. But if Insignia, it arouse a lot of curiosity. German made ah? How much ah? For this price, you get this look, space, quite good ah etc etc. And it’s unique, likely no one else in your circle of friends drive one. You actually get more attention driving insignia than an Audi because it’s uncommon.

I don't know about that bro..

In Singapore, where most are practical minded, the German Made Audi A4, with the right badge, wet DSG, decent roominess, solid build and decent features and generous power in the 2.0T is a very solid car right now.

Especially if you can wrangle free service and a long warranty.

The Insignia is a hard sell unless it's priced significantly lower, say 30k less than the A4..

• Praise 2

Tried to find the OMV of Insignia on LTA's website.  No data can be found for the last 4 months.  Means not a single Insignia was sold?

No wonder when I went to the showroom about 2 months ago to test drive, the salesperson said that I can make a offer and their management will consider.

Looks like sales is jialat for this model.

I thought it was only launched in March 2018, of course no data found for the last 4 months.

• Praise 1

I thought it was only launched in March 2018, of course no data found for the last 4 months.

Don't think so...tested the car about 3 months ago
↡ Advertisement