Opel Insignia 2017

therock

if it is.. i'll suggest to spend the bucks elsewhere.. 

Whats wrong with RDY ?

Missed by a dollar.. Alamak, AD like don’t want to do your business.

Go over to C n C and get the Stinger lor. Similar price range

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Whats wrong with RDY ?

Couldn't solve my problem then while pride themselves as the expert for the make I was driving. Which eventually I had it solved by other regular workshop.

Their prices are also more expensive than other workshop outside.

Couldn't solve my problem then while pride themselves as the expert for the make I was driving. Which eventually I had it solved by other regular workshop.

Their prices are also more expensive than other workshop outside.

Prices are subjective.

What car are u driving and what was the issue?

Supercharged
(edited)

Prices are subjective.

What car are u driving and what was the issue?

subjective is only used when you can't accurately measure the two product (i.e. the service quality)

you do know price is definitely measurable and comparable right?

lets just say the car I was driving was one of the make that they pride themselves in.

doesnt matter what the issue was. The fact remains that the other workshop was able to identify where the problem was and resolve it accurately.

rather than RDY trying to put the blame on the brand of petrol that is going in.

Edited by Knoobie

Hi.

I am a Singaporean now living in Melbourne.  Own a Opel Insignia (aka Opel Calais here) 2L Turbo Diesel.  My take:

Good:        (i)  Value for money; lots of bells and whistles for the price (I paid less than A$30k)

(ii)  Quiet ride

(iii) Relatively good performance; good on tap power.

(iv) Spacious rear cabin

(v) Like the engine start stop; i.e. responsive; not as annoying as those found in other car models

Not so good:  (i) Conti car with a signal stick on the right hand side (need to get used to as my other/previous cars are Conti)

(ii) Info screen is reflective; due to the angle.

(iii) Interior cabin finishings are not so premium at some parts (e.g. air con fins, under the steering etc).

(v) Not sure the soft-touch finishing in the cabin will be able to withstand intense heat/sun over long time.

(vi) Mechanically, brake pads (and Continental tyres that came with the car) seem to wear out quite fast.

(vii)  When slowing down, downshifting of gear is not as smooth; i.e. gets "lumpy".  

(viii)  Steering is a bit "soulless"  (i.e. not really a problem if you had never driven other conti rwd models).

All said, I am still happy with the car (so far).  It is way better in terms of value for money (vs Civics, Mazda 3s, Jap SUVs etc that sell for about the same price).  Stacks up well against the Superb/Passats/Mazda6 as well.

Only possible regret, should have gotten the one with AWD.

Hi.

I am a Singaporean now living in Melbourne. Own a Opel Insignia (aka Opel Calais here) 2L Turbo Diesel. My take:

Good: (i) Value for money; lots of bells and whistles for the price (I paid less than A$30k)

(ii) Quiet ride

(iv) Spacious rear cabin

(v) Like the engine start stop; i.e. responsive; not as annoying as those found in other car models

Not so good: (i) Conti car with a signal stick on the right hand side (need to get used to as my other/previous cars are Conti)

(iii) Interior cabin finishings are not so premium at some parts (e.g. air con fins, under the steering etc).

(v) Not sure the soft-touch finishing in the cabin will be able to withstand intense heat/sun over long time.

(vi) Mechanically, brake pads (and Continental tyres that came with the car) seem to wear out quite fast.

(vii) When slowing down, downshifting of gear is not as smooth; i.e. gets "lumpy".

(viii) Steering is a bit "soulless" (i.e. not really a problem if you had never driven other conti rwd models).

All said, I am still happy with the car (so far). It is way better in terms of value for money (vs Civics, Mazda 3s, Jap SUVs etc that sell for about the same price). Stacks up well against the Superb/Passats/Mazda6 as well.

Thanks for the insights! Appreciate it most.

I think the signal sticks in the insignia here is on the left though. I test drove it and accidentally activate the wipers. Haha

Hi.

I am a Singaporean now living in Melbourne.  Own a Opel Insignia (aka Opel Calais here) 2L Turbo Diesel.  My take:

Good:        (i)  Value for money; lots of bells and whistles for the price (I paid less than A$30k)

(ii)  Quiet ride

(iv) Spacious rear cabin

Not so good:  (i) Conti car with a signal stick on the right hand side (need to get used to as my other/previous cars are Conti)

(vii)  When slowing down, downshifting of gear is not as smooth; i.e. gets "lumpy".  

(viii)  Steering is a bit "soulless"  (i.e. not really a problem if you had never driven other conti rwd models).

All said, I am still happy with the car (so far).  It is way better in terms of value for money (vs Civics, Mazda 3s, Jap SUVs etc that sell for about the same price).  Stacks up well against the Superb/Passats/Mazda6 as well.

Shouldn't it be Holden Commodore for you bro?

Holden has made sure all GM related products needs to be badged as Holdens in Australia

Holden Calais has long EOL already. 

On the same note, you guys have the GMC Acadia SUV wor... labeled as Holden Acadia too. 

Yes. Should be a Holden Calais.  In Australia, Insignia is sold as Holden Commodore LT/RS/RSV/VSX, Calais/Calais V and Sports Tourer (aka wagon).  Difference between Commodore and Calais?

The former (i.e. especially the RSV/VSX) are more sports tuned/based while Calais is supposed to be better kitted for a more premium drive; eg. leather seating, some interior decor and softer suspensions etc.  I think the premium models sold in Singapore would be a mesh up with all options.

• Praise 1

Didnât manage to get COE today. 3 bids has passed, another 3 remains.

Future looks bleak.

Might receive my deposit back.

Maybe they dropped the car prices just to get buyer but with little intend to get the coe

Maybe they dropped the car prices just to get buyer but with little intend to get the coe

Probably so?

But why would they wanna do that?

They use the deposits to increase the cash flow?

Thanks for the insights! Appreciate it most.

I think the signal sticks in the insignia here is on the left though. I test drove it and accidentally activate the wipers. Haha

I seriously h8 wiper stalk signal stick style but seems like the trend for new cars.

Im ole school & prefer it where its meant to be in centre console.

I have tried stalk style, centre dial crap etc. Left hand juz feels so empty without something to hold.

Probably i weird but its juz me.

am getting the insignia next weekend.

Can’t wait!

Congrats!

So they gave in and transfer an Open COE for you?

↡ Advertisement