Opel Insignia 2017

therock

What make you think he is lucky? I am sure he top up to get it.

Since it is non-G package, why do you get upset over it? Just pray COE will fall so there is higher odd of getting your car or be mad about it. From onset, it is a one way contract favouring the seller. Only LTA allows such contract that allows seller to act on their discretion.

The current 124,777 is G package. You will get your car even if COE shot up to $100k else you can sue them for breach of contract.

Wow you're so lucky. We didn't had the same luck. We placed deposit for premium model in June and rushed for the loan appln. Price was $119777. First bid gone coz they claimed that loan not approved yet.

2nd bid missed by a dollar. $1! Seriously.

Subsequently they didn't bid at all. And just over national day, the dealer called and offered us $112777 for basic model and it will be guaranteed so it's a $3k on top of their price. I asked them if we can top up $3k for our premium model and he told me nope must top up $8k. I also know it's because of the recent hike in price of $5K + Guarantee of $3k. The way they delivered the message is that there is no freaking way we can get our car unless we pay more.

And end of the day they asked us to cancel. Worst news of the long weekend.

Who contracted on a price that they don't even think they can fulfil? Damn ridiculous.

↡ Advertisement

So what if they registered 0 sales? Opel brand is not new to Singapore and Apine has been operating for few years to know how to move around the market to survive. You just need to nego to strike with the right deal. I can feel for your frustration but unfortunately, the contract you signed does not allow much recourse except to wait. Another AD such as Regent motor also does not register much sales but they are still around till now albeit scaled down quite substantially.

When they dropped price from higher amount to $119k, they had lose some ground to offer you a more sustainable package. Probably they resort to this type of package to push buyers into paying more. I am sure they want to sell but may have to sell at the right margin. One way is for COE to fall further. The other is VES dateline to have cars registered before it was effected, a case whereby they had to dump their Cruze 2 years ago. Immediate registration or bid all out to secure registration.

I may be wrong but I dislike all these Non-G package. It does not define how they bid, what baseline we look at and what recourse we as buyer get etc. There are some non-G package that is quite well executed by other makes and have high rebate. Those makes are genuinely out to sell cars.

Let see, how many times can they sell to phv. There seems to be alot of noise about phv companies buying up their insignas but how often do you see an insigna running on the roads as compared to other phv vehicles. Probably the dealer will survive but unsure about the Opel brand. don't forget these cars were probably sold to phv at a good pricing too and it will not last long enough to sustain the business. some companies survive due to returning customers, customer loyalty such as hyundai/kia/toyota/honda/mazda/mercs/bmw/vw. 

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/MVP02-2_New_Cars_by_make.pdf

In 2018, Opel only registered 240 petrol and 61 diesel cars. 2017 was a bumper year for Opel due to the hot selling astra hatchback. 

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/M03-Car_Regn_by_make.pdf

For July 2019, Opel registered 0 sedans. 

Edited by Sopskysalat

by selling to just gojek ain't gonna sustain their business in the long run. how many times can gojek buy from them?

there is a reason why other dealers like C&C/KAH/BM/KMC can survive this long is due to sustained retail sales apart from high profit margins for luxury cars.  

by securing a one time big business with gojek probably allows them to hit their sales quota for 1 year but can they repeat it again every year, highly doubt so. one of my colleagues got rid of his opel as he had to wait half a year for a small part with the dealer till he gave up. similarly for opel astra, it was a good car at a good price even when coe was on the higher side of 40+k range in 2017 but the profit margin was less than 10k for them to sell. 

even skoda died off and only came back only recently by pricing their cars competitively and if you compare conti cars in sg, there are many other brands here such as VW/Skoda/Bmw/Mercs/Volvo. If opel can't even get the basics right, they can forget about surviving in such a small and competitive market like SG. 

personally, I will put seat and opel in the same bracket and we shall see who dies off first. 

Well Gojek has bought 1000 Insignia, and yes they are the cheapest rental car grade Joy model with alot of things deleted. The 1.5 and 2L 260hp super Insignia are not part of the deal.

And considering how short a lifespan PHV cars are in generally, due to insane high mileage and abusive driving behavior from many PHV drivers, these Insignia prob can last 3 years max. 

Gojek will buy another 1000 Opels then. Sales not an issue 

Let see, how many times can they sell to phv. There seems to be alot of noise about phv companies buying up their insignas but how often do you see an insigna running on the roads as compared to other phv vehicles. Probably the dealer will survive but unsure about the Opel brand. don't forget these cars were probably sold to phv at a good pricing too and it will not last long enough to sustain the business. some companies survive due to returning customers, customer loyalty such as hyundai/kia/toyota/honda/mazda/mercs/bmw/vw. 

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/MVP02-2_New_Cars_by_make.pdf

In 2018, Opel only registered 240 petrol and 61 diesel cars. 2017 was a bumper year for Opel due to the hot selling astra hatchback. 

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/M03-Car_Regn_by_make.pdf

Most sales are the SMLJ crossland and grandland rebadged Peugeot . Of cos no sedans la

by securing a one time big business with gojek probably allows them to hit their sales quota for 1 year but can they repeat it again every year, highly doubt so. one of my colleagues got rid of his opel as he had to wait half a year for a small part with the dealer till he gave up. similarly for opel astra, it was a good car at a good price even when coe was on the higher side of 40+k range in 2017 but the profit margin was less than 10k for them to sell. 

even skoda died off and only came back only recently by pricing their cars competitively and if you compare conti cars in sg, there are many other brands here such as VW/Skoda/Bmw/Mercs/Volvo. If opel can't even get the basics right, they can forget about surviving in such a small and competitive market like SG. 

personally, I will put seat and opel in the same bracket and we shall see who dies off first. 

Your colleagues prob didn't know he can buy parts from amazon and taobao. Up till the Crossland, Grandland, Opels are just rebodied GM products.

Astra=current gen Cruze, which was cancelled by GM this year.

Insignia= current gen Malibu, So much parts are shared that the Insignia is sold as Buick Regal in North America and China. 

So long these cars are sold in these countries parts will not be a problem. And u save alot in cost too.  

• Praise 1

Alpine and Opel will be around for a while. 

If they do it right, the service and support will give them enough revenue. Servicing 1000 cars is a lucrative business. Don't forget the SUV which is another diesel that is a popular PHV.

But if the build quality is poor, the service is poor, then they will not be able to gravitate to attracting new car buyers. Furthermore their new cars will no longer come from Opel per se, and they may be derivatives of their parent company, French instead of GM.

Wow you're so lucky. We didn't had the same luck. We placed deposit for premium model in June and rushed for the loan appln. Price was $119777. First bid gone coz they claimed that loan not approved yet.

Subsequently they didn't bid at all. And just over national day, the dealer called and offered us $112777 for basic model and it will be guaranteed so it's a $3k on top of their price. I asked them if we can top up $3k for our premium model and he told me nope must top up $8k. I also know it's because of the recent hike in price of $5K + Guarantee of $3k. The way they delivered the message is that there is no freaking way we can get our car unless we pay more.

Who contracted on a price that they don't even think they can fulfil? Damn ridiculous.

That's par for many companies.. Hyundai did it before, and many PIs do the same.

The smaller the margin, the more likely this will happen.

Alpine is a small company right now, and won't go all out especially since they have 1000 orders to fulfil. Private buyers are more demanding, need more attention and TLC... they will go and get cars for Gojek first.

You can consider the Mazda 6, a nice car with nice fittings. It's a bit slower but the build will be solid. Cheaper too...

Some Insiginias were registered in July:

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/dam/onemotoring/Buying/Car_Cost_Update/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Basic cost with COE is $104604 for the B15XHT (OMV $29204, dunno which 1.5L trim). 

Profit margin is really low hence VFM, but they managed to get the VES reduced from C1 to B.  

Insiginias are classified as hatchbacks under LTA's logic  :slow:

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/dam/onemotoring/Buying/Car_Cost_Update/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Basic cost with COE is $104604 for the B15XHT (OMV $29204, dunno which 1.5L trim).

Profit margin is really low hence VFM, but they managed to get the VES reduced from C1 to B.

Insiginias are classified as hatchbacks under LTA's logic :slow:

Yes you are right...

To quote one of the bro’s comment that Opel registered 0 sedans, that is because the insignia is classified as a HB, due to their boot being sport back like.

Insiginias are classified as hatchbacks under LTA's logic :slow:

This is the mid trim.

wow suddenly so many opel supporters appearing from nowhere. power. 

ok my bad since it a hatchback but still the way they do sales just get people thinking.

and no i didn't buy an opel though i was looking at the astra in 2017 when they even had a free upgrade to the astra tourer during then. 

ok my bad since it a hatchback but still the way they do sales just get people thinking.

and no i didn't buy an opel though i was looking at the astra in 2017 when they even had a free upgrade to the astra tourer during then.

Thanks for your insights above. I guess it is just my luck that I was not given one. I guess it made me reconsidered other brands and models. I can't help it if the company has prioritised others first. I just hope to get back my deposit with no further hiccups. Otherwise I would have seek other recourses to resolve this issue.

What make you think he is lucky? I am sure he top up to get it.

Since it is non-G package, why do you get upset over it? Just pray COE will fall so there is higher odd of getting your car or be mad about it. From onset, it is a one way contract favouring the seller. Only LTA allows such contract that allows seller to act on their discretion.

The current 124,777 is G package. You will get your car even if COE shot up to $100k else you can sue them for breach of contract.

I'm upset because Salesperson told me that he's confident to get the car for us. And we enquired once about not being able to get within 6 bids, contract will be renewed to try again. Now the way it was put across to me is that $119777 is impossible and I have to top up $8k for the same.

Probably I'm a noob so I don't know how this game is being played.

Edited by Heather09

Are the latest Opels like Insignia and Astra still using the 'Easytronic' transmission?

Nope. All real GM torque converter 6-8AT. 

That easytronic nonsense was a Opel own effort...

Well make that existing Chevy owners also. [laugh]  :XD:

So we are very well versed with GM Opels...minus that 2 rebadged Peugeot SUVs

• Praise 1

Nope. All real GM torque converter 6-8AT. 

That easytronic nonsense was a Opel own effort...

Well make that existing Chevy owners also. [laugh]  :XD:

So we are very well versed with GM Opels...minus that 2 rebadged Peugeot SUVs

not sure bout chevy and whether they were under the same dealers as opel but yeah chevy is pretty much dead in singapore too. 

peugeot is actually doing quite well with their suvs i believe, look futuristic with good marketing but not so sure about long term reliability. french design beautiful cars aesthetically though no doubt, gotta give it to them. 

not sure bout chevy and whether they were under the same dealers as opel but yeah chevy is pretty much dead in singapore too. 

peugeot is actually doing quite well with their suvs i believe, look futuristic with good marketing but not so sure about long term reliability. french design beautiful cars aesthetically though no doubt, gotta give it to them. 

Reliability is always an issue with the French brands, and you see how sloppy the French are in converting their products to RHD, the 2 SUV glovebox is almost unusable becos of the cross member behind it. That cross member is supposed to hold the LHD steering column. In addition, alot of parts are not properly converted to RHD orientation.  You don't see such nonsense from GM.  

Modern GM products, and I mean the last 10-15 yrs, are really reliable if you use their specified parts.  

Hi,

I'm not suggesting anything but from my experience with AG, they are very fast and efficient when it comes to sales. I placed my booking on a Monday night and went in for the bidding 2 days later after my loan was approved. I got my COE on that same bidding as I remember there is only one pricing scheme and it would be guaranteed to get on the next bidding. If your SE said those kind of things to you, I think that you should demand some explanation from the management.

Hi,

I'm not suggesting anything but from my experience with AG, they are very fast and efficient when it comes to sales. I placed my booking on a Monday night and went in for the bidding 2 days later after my loan was approved. I got my COE on that same bidding as I remember there is only one pricing scheme and it would be guaranteed to get on the next bidding. If your SE said those kind of things to you, I think that you should demand some explanation from the management.

I agree. I had great experience with them when I bought my Malibu with them those many yrs ago.

Can't say the same about their svcs dept though. This is why we need to help ourselves with the parts procurement.  

How many bids had past? Just wait for you may get the car eventually.

Btw guys i bought the magnetic sunshade for front and back windows, thinking that I would be getting my car soon

↡ Advertisement