Opel Insignia 2017

therock

19 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

Gojek ordered 1000 units for private hire fleet usage earlier this year 

Yeah, this seems like the most well-known fact about the latest Opel Insignia Grandsport 😆,  ever since it was reported by the ST Transport Correspondent

Edited by Lotr
↡ Advertisement

29 minutes ago, Lotr said:

So are there any more innovation premium trim left?  This trim is still listed on their 20 Sep pricelist on sgcarmart

According to the sales person I spoke with, AD has no intention of bringing in 1.5 innovation premium and all stocks had been sold. Going forward, it will only be 1.5 innovation and 2.0 innovation premium trim.

I guess they have yet to upgrade their listing. I went down to take a look as I thought if 1.5 innovation is retailing at $112k (current promo), the selling price of innovation premium trim might be lowered as well. 

• Praise 1

Yes, they no longer bringing in the innovation premium trim. 
When I enquire, they had around 5 units left. I snapped one.

the OmV and ARF of the car, together with the listed price is not worthwhile for AG to bring in this trim. They have more commission selling the basic trim.

just to share, the rims of the mid trim is flower shape, while the basic trim is 5 spokes lines, provided the owner don’t change the rims 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Lotr said:

Yeah, this seems like the most well-known fact about the latest Opel Insignia Grandsport 😆,  ever since it was reported by the ST Transport Correspondent

Most of the GoJek units are diesel variants. Not sure if there’s any petrol units 

16 minutes ago, Terence2112 said:

the OmV and ARF of the car, together with the listed price is not worthwhile for AG to bring in this trim. They have more commission selling the basic trim.

just to share, the rims of the mid trim is flower shape, while the basic trim is 5 spokes lines, provided the owner don’t change the rims 

True but they could have priced the innovation premium higher to get the same margin or margin % as the innovation trim

15 minutes ago, Terence2112 said:

Most of the GoJek units are diesel variants. Not sure if there’s any petrol units 

I think unlikely as they will be used as "taxi"

27 minutes ago, Terence2112 said:

You snapped a good buy bro!

I hesitated too much between SUV and Insignia Grand Sport, missed out the chance.

17 minutes ago, Lotr said:

True but they could have priced the innovation premium higher to get the same margin or margin % as the innovation trim

I think unlikely as they will be used as "taxi"

Probably so... but I Guess Opel is not really well known in SG, hence the limited sales. In contrast, the astra is more popular then insignia.

9 minutes ago, Splinter said:

You snapped a good buy bro!

I hesitated too much between SUV and Insignia Grand Sport, missed out the chance.

Thanks bro. Was just lucky that’s all. When I enquired the insignia, Opel’s next door neighbour, Mazda, was having a fire sale for their mazda 6. 
hearsay they dropped the price of Mazda 6 executive to $109,999. 
After some deliberation and seeing lots of Mazda’s on the road, took the plunge and purchased the insignia.

but of course, the insignia has its own fair share of weakness though. 

5 hours ago, Terence2112 said:

Seeing more and more non PhV insignias on the road now. 

I saw a Insignia OPC on the Road,anyone know the Price & Specs.?

1 hour ago, ER-3682 said:

Silver/Grey Colour.2-3 Weeks ago,PIE Towards Jurong,4.30pm.

Ok, then it’s not me. Haha. 
anyway to answer your question, Opel is now selling the insignia at $110,777. Note that this is the basic trim that exclude memory seats, ACC, LED headlights etc.

After OPC-Ed it, it costs $93,777. 
A similar comparison to the insignia is the Mazda 6, VW Passat, Skoda Superb. however, I doubt the price would be comparable to insignia.

drive is ok. Suitable for long distance as it’s a cruiser. Brought it for a couple of trips to Malaysia. Family managed to sleep at the back with no complains. Guess it’s a testament to the comfort it offers. 

13 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

I saw a Insignia OPC on the Road,anyone know the Price & Specs.?

Does OPC mean Opel Performance Center or Off Peak Car? In the context of this thread.