Opel Insignia 2017

therock

10 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

U go see the 2L Insignia, the speedometer is full digital LCD screen and it can be config to display other info as well. Only the tach, fuel and temp gauge are analog gauges

The voltmeter, TPMS, turbo boost, oil life monitor etc can be called out from the speedometer screen area. . 

Yes, that is right. The 2L insignia’s speedometer is similar to the 1.5L premium innovation’s one. 
Up till now, have yet to see a 2L insignia on the road. 

↡ Advertisement

Just wondering if it’s still worthwhile to get the insignia at the current price? The innovation 1.5 trim. Just thinking whether possible for SE to sell at below 105K

11 hours ago, maodees said:

Just wondering if it’s still worthwhile to get the insignia at the current price? The innovation 1.5 trim. Just thinking whether possible for SE to sell at below 105K

I saw an ad  on FB a few months back saying that a new FL version will be launched soon. You might want to find out more.

It could actually be a good opportunity to bargain to your desired price as they might want to clear the stock.

12 hours ago, maodees said:

Possible, but you might have to be a good bargainer.

The current innovation 1.5 trim has quite a few features that they removed. Might want to see a few post before it. But if you don’t mind or don’t need the feature, it’s actually quite a good family car. 

45 minutes ago, MJordan said:

Any bro here have driven the Insignia Grand Sports 1.5T? How's the car, in terms of performance and value?

Test drove recently before the COE shot up and it was still going at 114k. Equipment wise was OK. Not fantastic but still acceptable. Didn't quite like the halogen lights as it makes the car look quite cheap. Prefer it to have Led lights although that option is not available. Driving feel wise, it is more geared towards comfort. Not very fast in pick up compared to Skoda superb or passat. 

2 hours ago, MJordan said:

Any bro here have driven the Insignia Grand Sports 1.5T? How's the car, in terms of performance and value?

I have tested it some time back.  To me, the car feels slightly on the sluggish side.  Value was very good though - dealer margin was low, and especially with the innovation premium edition, the equipment level is quite high - matrix led, a very complete suite of driving aids - blind spot, lane departure, ACC, traffic sign recognition etc, Bose sound system.

But I understand that the innovation premium is no longer available.  Also take note that this is an outgoing model.  Earlier this year, AD is already advertising the replacement model on FB.

Have you tested it yourself?  

Neutral Newbie

Have not test driven it yet. Saw it on the road and thought it looks nice. Read up a bit on it. Also heard about the sluggish part. As there are not many on the road, I am concerned about the cost of maintenance. I have always been driving a Jap, so not sure about conti.

Am also thinking of Civic 1.5T too. 

3 hours ago, MJordan said:

Thanks bro. Guess I will go test drive. Actually also thinking of Honda Civic 1.5T. Heard 2021 new Civic coming next year. 

Not the same Class,Civic is small Family Car,Insignia is Large Family Car.

A

9 hours ago, MJordan said:

Am an owner of an insignia. Mine is the innovation premium edition which I bought it last year when AG was trying to clear stock.

the sluggish part is true. There’s always this lagginess or an unwillingness of the gears shifting upwards. But after a while, I got used to it and just floor the accelerator.

Car is big and spacious. With 2 kids in tow, there’s still space at the back. Ride and handling is solid as well. FC-wise, I’m getting around 11-12km/l. 

15 hours ago, Terence2112 said:

A

Am an owner of an insignia. Mine is the innovation premium edition which I bought it last year when AG was trying to clear stock.

the sluggish part is true. There’s always this lagginess or an unwillingness of the gears shifting upwards. But after a while, I got used to it and just floor the accelerator.

Car is big and spacious. With 2 kids in tow, there’s still space at the back. Ride and handling is solid as well. FC-wise, I’m getting around 11-12km/l. 

how's the reliability like? Any issues?

See it on the road and it looks really good!

2 hours ago, jk228b said:

how's the reliability like? Any issues?

See it on the road and it looks really good!

Reliability wise, quite difficult to say. Good if the car doesn’t come with problems, bad if the car came with problems.

for me, the fuel pump kaput in the middle of the expressway in the middle of this year. Had to tow the car back to AG, and collect it the next day. 

other than that, so far so good. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

47 minutes ago, Terence2112 said:

Reliability wise, quite difficult to say. Good if the car doesn’t come with problems, bad if the car came with problems.

for me, the fuel pump kaput in the middle of the expressway in the middle of this year. Had to tow the car back to AG, and collect it the next day. 

other than that, so far so good. 

How old is your car and mileage when it happened?

18 hours ago, Terence2112 said:

A

Quite decent FC i must say, may I know if this FC is for mainly highway driving?

↡ Advertisement