New car smell product

Hummer

Turbocharged

Anyone used any "new car smell" products before?

Came across this Chemical Guys New Car Smell spray.

Is it any good?

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-AIR-101-16-Freshener-Eliminator/dp/B002J7VX4Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1502204539&sr=8-2&keywords=chemical+guys+new+car+smell

PS: I am not affliated to the product

Ok lar, combine with the leather one for the full new car smell experience

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-AIR-300-Scent-Leather/dp/B00FF1K7BQ/ref=pd_sbs_263_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1WVTAWA5JB8YXGE4ZD0F

New car smell is probably dangerous, carcinogenic smell, VOC emitting from PVC, vinyl and other plastics, as plastic settles down.

Why pay to get sick ?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-car-smell-is-toxic-study-says-which-cars-are-worst/

I think the fellow is referring to a fragrance product and not the actual replicate of the toxic. 

But you are right that new car emits toxic from the new materials just like new furniture. So it is advisable to air it as much as possible and not sit in a baked new car, close all windows and breath in deeply to "enjoy" the new car smell.

As of how long it would go away? Can't tell unless one has a toxic gas meter. Generally, it depends on materials used in the car. I have visited a local car show this year, sat in various brands of the new cars on display and realized I could not handle the smell of a particular Korean brand. My friends felt the same way. I sat in all of their models on display and confirmed all had the same bad smell that make me feel uncomfortable, which led me to do a small research afterwards. These are a couple of key things that I have picked up on top of the toxic report you have posted with the link:

1. Same brand but factory in different countries use different materials. e.g. a Vx German in China factory uses recycle fabric as insulating foam, which local term it 黑心棉。It is not those properly recycled and processed but half recycled where one could still see the bits and pieces of old cloths within the foam.
  2. The same goes to the grade of the interior finish they use and even the metal. A Bxx German factory used Aluminum at roof but China factory uses steel.

My guess is all these are for cost saving, quite obvious actually. Ultimately, the cost of a basic car is really not that high, just look at the OMV, it is like 17k for a Vezel, which means the production cost is even lower possibly at the region of 11-12k. Hence it is critical to save every single cent to be profitable, and hence the lower grade of material use.            

Well I cannot say for certain that budget cars use bad materials that release more toxic, one advice I can give is to avoid really smelly new car, so smell it yourself or best bring some friends along to avoid any possible denial.      

I like the little tree collection new car scent.

They say new car sense make people more horny.

Just like new GF. One is especially horny for new acquaintances, make you want to ride more.

MEGUAIR'S WHOLE CAR AIR RE-FRESHER (NEW C*** SCENT)

I got this from Stamford tyre but almost choke to death after using it

Edited by Lotr8445r

i use this too. my car 8 years old and passengers still say " wah still have new car smell!!"

but i myself cannot smell, maybe numb already, Again, very subjective how New Car Smell smells like.  

i use this too. my car 8 years old and passengers still say " wah still have new car smell!!"

but i myself cannot smell, maybe numb already, Again, very subjective how New Car Smell smells like.  

post-10447-0-41713300-1504679555_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement