BPL 17/18 - The Explosive Season Begins

Maxus-MIFA9

(edited)

come to Man Utd!!

No.... :a-noway:

To Liverpool cos he wants Klopp to guide him to score 33 goals, one better then Salah before retires ... [sly]

Salah broke his record of 31 goals per season ... :XD:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

Supercharged

I have a feeling CR7 will return to EPL after WC2018.

CR7 is probably past his peak already.  his performances in the liga are quite telling...  another 1-2 seasons max for his effectiveness and expectations of 20-30 goals a season.  Will Mourinho take him back? think he is more interested in Bale.. who incidentally is having a poor season too. 

even the famed Suarez is sort of facing an uncertain future at Barca with rumors linking him back to the EPL.. Antoine Gizermann is the reason..  At his peak, Suarez is probably the best no.9 in the world. and he is still scoring lots... but Barca may be looking at squad renewal.   For his role of helping coutinho.. i hope Pool doesn't take him back.. but he probably has 2 seasons in him as a top top striker... so maybe my head will be turned for this 

I have a feeling CR7 will return to EPL after WC2018.

Although he is a supremely fit athlete, I feel EPL with its high intensity and physicality may not be the best place for a 30+ yr old player no matter how talented n fit he is. So I won't come back if I were him.

That said, Zlatan proved quite a few people wrong (including myself) by playing well at United but even he got caught up eventually albeit thru a bad injury. EPL not a place for retirees for sure with all due respect to CR7, just my opinion.  

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Although he is a supremely fit athlete, I feel EPL with its high intensity and physicality may not be the best place for a 30+ yr old player no matter how talented n fit he is. So I won't come back if I were him.

That said, Zlatan proved quite a few people wrong (including myself) by playing well at United but even he got caught up eventually albeit thru a bad injury. EPL not a place for retirees for sure with all due respect to CR7, just my opinion.  

Zlatan also had only 1 good season then his body succumbed to age and injuries.  That said, at least it bought time for Mourinho who secured the UCL place via the Europa cup.  worth every cent paid.  

More Managerial departures as both relegated clubs Stoke n Swansea part company with their Mgrs Lambert n Carvalhal respectively.

David Moyes is the favourite to takeover Stoke n lead them back to EPL whilst Chris Coleman is the favourite to takeover at Swansea.

• Praise 5

More Managerial departures as both relegated clubs Stoke n Swansea part company with their Mgrs Lambert n Carvalhal respectively.

David Moyes is the favourite to takeover Stoke n lead them back to EPL whilst Chris Coleman is the favourite to takeover at Swansea.

David Moyes will lead them down further ......  :a-m1524: 

:grin:  :grin: 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

EPL clubs taking action earlier so that the new managers can take advantage of the transfer window which opened earlier than previous seasons.

Supersonic

OT abit. watching Juve final league match of the season vs Hellas Verona. all eyes on Buffon as he is retiring after this season...

Supersonic

OT abit. watching Juve final league match of the season vs Hellas Verona. all eyes on Buffon as he is retiring after this season...

angry at the VIPs giving out the medals, why they dont give the umbrellas to the ladies standing in the rain...

post-195148-0-00480000-1526743517_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Chelsea win the FA Cup beating Man United 1-0 in the Final this morning.

Serial winner JM who has only lost 2 Finals in the 14 appearances before today, lost for the first time in normal time as his previous 2 losses were in ET n penalties.

Despite the loss, JM is secured in his job whilst Conte is likely the leave.

So is it better to win silverware but not finish in top 4 or be like Man United n Spurs who did finish in top 4 but with no silverware? Hard Call as the purists would want trophies but the financial side n glamour of competiting in UCL is as good as silverware too.

• Praise 6

Supersonic

Serial winner JM who has only lost 2 Finals in the 14 appearances before today, lost for the first time in normal time as his previous 2 losses were in ET n penalties.

So is it better to win silverware but not finish in top 4 or be like Man United n Spurs who did finish in top 4 but with no silverware? Hard Call as the purists would want trophies but the financial side n glamour of competiting in UCL is as good as silverware too.

losing the FA Cup final leaves a sour taste in the mouth but more importantly is that hopefully JM can figure something out with the squad before the new season starts...
  • Praise 1

title first season, FA cup 2nd season.

outside top 4 hurts ,

but conte deserve more then another season.

but he need to fix his player management,

bakayoko dun deserve to start ahead of william

cannot every season also crash with star players who perform well

• Praise 1

title first season, FA cup 2nd season.

outside top 4 hurts ,

but conte deserve more then another season.

but he need to fix his player management,

bakayoko dun deserve to start ahead of william

cannot every season also crash with star players who perform well

Ya agreed he deserves another season at least cos he has won a trophy in each of the 2 seasons he has been at Chelsea.

Trouble with Conte is that he is too demanding on player transfers cos whilst admittedly Chelsea has ceased to shop at the highest end for players, they have bought in good players though not the top end ones. N yes his player Mgmt leaves a lot to be desired.

As for Willian, it was a tactical decision which proved right by putting in an extra MF in Bakayoko to outnumber United in that area esp as Fabregas for all his play making strengths, is easily bypassed.

Anyway on to the last 2 club games next Saturday before the WC starts. Championship play off n UCL Final.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6