BPL 17/18 - The Explosive Season Begins

Picnic06-Biante15

Supercharged

Ya agreed he deserves another season at least cos he has won a trophy in each of the 2 seasons he has been at Chelsea.

Trouble with Conte is that he is too demanding on player transfers cos whilst admittedly Chelsea has ceased to shop at the highest end for players, they have bought in good players though not the top end ones. N yes his player Mgmt leaves a lot to be desired.

As for Willian, it was a tactical decision which proved right by putting in an extra MF in Bakayoko to outnumber United in that area esp as Fabregas for all his play making strengths, is easily bypassed.

Anyway on to the last 2 club games next Saturday before the WC starts. Championship play off n UCL Final.

Conte has effectively burned bridges with the owner who is owning this club for a hobby and PR purposes. Part of the problem for Conte is also due to the frequent media attention on his instability and rumours that he will heading back to Italy. Guess these are the reasons why his position is untentable. I dare say even if he had made top 4 and won the FA Cup, he will still be walking...

on the other hand, JM ended the season empty handed with a 2nd place in the EPL. Nevertheless, this is sufficient to keep him in the job. And the spending will not be curbed as he is asking for fresh funds to buy experienced players to improve the squad.

Between JM and Conte, the difference in their management ability is not heaven and earth. They both deploy pragmatic defensive and tactical discipline. It was interesting that JM suffered the bus parking treatment and claimed that they were the better team in the final... taste of his own medicine.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Conte has effectively burned bridges with the owner who is owning this club for a hobby and PR purposes. Part of the problem for Conte is also due to the frequent media attention on his instability and rumours that he will heading back to Italy. Guess these are the reasons why his position is untentable. I dare say even if he had made top 4 and won the FA Cup, he will still be walking...

on the other hand, JM ended the season empty handed with a 2nd place in the EPL. Nevertheless, this is sufficient to keep him in the job. And the spending will not be curbed as he is asking for fresh funds to buy experienced players to improve the squad.

Between JM and Conte, the difference in their management ability is not heaven and earth. They both deploy pragmatic defensive and tactical discipline. It was interesting that JM suffered the bus parking treatment and claimed that they were the better team in the final... taste of his own medicine.

Ya agreed with both points on JM.

He ended the season empty handed and to a certain degree, this is digression as he won 2 trophies last season but you can argue that United improved from 5th to 2nd and this again begets the question - is League position more important than trophies? His position is secured and yes he will be given funds to improve his squad esp at FB positions I'm reading.

As for bus parking, yes taste of own medicine is certainly bitter for him but make no mistake n say what u like but this method done at the right time has reaped silverware both for JM and Conte who both are serial winners.

For Conte, he is a dead man walking and to a certain extent, he only has himself to blame cos whilst I emphatise with him as his track record shows he is a very good Mgr, his decision to burn bridges with RA is his own undoing. Not as if RA didn't back him completely but I suppose he wants complete control of transfers but in this day and age, most clubs don't do this anymore bearing in mind there is a budget to keep to in the light of FFP.

• Praise 6

He ended the season empty handed and to a certain degree, this is digression as he won 2 trophies last season but you can argue that United improved from 5th to 2nd and this again begets the question - is League position more important than trophies? His position is secured and yes he will be given funds to improve his squad esp at FB positions I'm reading.

As for bus parking, yes taste of own medicine is certainly bitter for him but make no mistake n say what u like but this method done at the right time has reaped silverware both for JM and Conte who both are serial winners.

For Conte, he is a dead man walking and to a certain extent, he only has himself to blame cos whilst I emphatise with him as his track record shows he is a very good Mgr, his decision to burn bridges with RA is his own undoing. Not as if RA didn't back him completely but I suppose he wants complete control of transfers but in this day and age, most clubs don't do this anymore bearing in mind there is a budget to keep to in the light of FFP.

the replacement of costa with morata kill chelsea season.

haiz, giroud come too late....

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Zlatan also had only 1 good season then his body succumbed to age and injuries.  That said, at least it bought time for Mourinho who secured the UCL place via the Europa cup.  worth every cent paid.  

I thought he came free?

Unless you mean no cents paid

and so he wasn't very good?

:D

Hypersonic

Yeah Conte park the bus better.

Best is when JM complained about Chelsea style of play.

When he wins only the results matter.

When he lose he didn't deserve to lose.

Yeah right. What a flipping hypocrite.  [thumbsup]

Hypersonic

What happened?

I posted once and it came up 3 times?

The MCF computer also don't like JM?

• Praise 3

What happened?

Cos u don’t like JM 3x more than the rest of us

• Praise 7

What happened?

Hmmmmmm.............. your MIL behind it ... [sly]

:grin:

• Praise 2

Lest we forget, Italy is the master of defence. Their defence used to be top notch, by a long distance.

How can a portugese fight with an italian in terms of parking bus...

Good to have JM taste his own med...

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Am surrpised that Conte has not been sacked yet..... But heard the roman is stuck back in Russia and not able to return to UK. Maybe thats the reason...

• Praise 2

ESPN n quite a few of the British press saying former PSG boss Unai Emery will be appointed the next Arsenal boss after Arteta who was the front runner last week got overlooked in favour of the ex Sevilla coach who impressed Gunners Board for his work at building up Sevilla with limited budget. Think they won the UEL a few times in a row.

http://global.espn.com/football/arsenal/story/3506620/arsenal-set-to-appoint-unai-emery-as-arsene-wengers-successor-sources

• Praise 4

Former City boss Pelligrini likely new boss of West Ham esp after his Chinese club ended his contract mutually. This one got leg in it so likely true n so this is the forward thinking boss the Hammers owners were mentioning previously?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/west-ham-united-manuel-pellegrini-10m-per-year-salary-a8361586.html

• Praise 5

Supercharged

Lest we forget, Italy is the master of defence. Their defence used to be top notch, by a long distance.

How can a portugese fight with an italian in terms of parking bus...

Good to have JM taste his own med...

in the aftermath of the game, Mourinho raised the comments that if his team was the one who parked the bus, he wonders how would the press wrote about him and his anti-football tactics.  He was just stating the the unfair slant of the press against his usual defensive tactics.  Unfortunately for him, he never got to deploy a bus as he had to chase the game after conceding the goal.  

At the moment, the united team has too many attacking players playing below par for most part of the season - Sanchez, Progba (Where was the 90M player in a cup final?), Rashford, Martial, Mata, etc.  Perhaps JM should look for the reasons for these issues...  as an external attacking player, i think the last place I wanna be is to join United... 

• Praise 2

Supercharged

ESPN n quite a few of the British press saying former PSG boss Unai Emery will be appointed the next Arsenal boss after Arteta who was the front runner last week got overlooked in favour of the ex Sevilla coach who impressed Gunners Board for his work at building up Sevilla with limited budget. Think they won the UEL a few times in a row.

http://global.espn.com/football/arsenal/story/3506620/arsenal-set-to-appoint-unai-emery-as-arsene-wengers-successor-sources

most commentators are saying this is an obvious case of cold feet from the gunners' management. They had made Arteta their main target and Umery came out of nowhere. Obviously, they were unsure how Arteta can cope in his 1st full managerial position. This was something most fans will agree.  

As for Emery, it looks a sound choice given his winning records. However, do note that he managed PSG who had millions of transfer kitty at his disposals - would he get that at Arsenal  With all due respect, he was probably only a figure head in the dressing room dominated by star personalities. When he resigned this season, he also cited unhappiness that certain star players were dictating the tactics and lineup rather than him...  so these are issues which he will grow in this new role at the Emirates.   

most commentators are saying this is an obvious case of cold feet from the gunners' management. They had made Arteta their main target and Umery came out of nowhere. Obviously, they were unsure how Arteta can cope in his 1st full managerial position. This was something most fans will agree.  

As for Emery, it looks a sound choice given his winning records. However, do note that he managed PSG who had millions of transfer kitty at his disposals - would he get that at Arsenal  With all due respect, he was probably only a figure head in the dressing room dominated by star personalities. When he resigned this season, he also cited unhappiness that certain star players were dictating the tactics and lineup rather than him...  so these are issues which he will grow in this new role at the Emirates.   

to be fair to Emery, i doubt he have much say on the signings in PSG as compared to when he was at Sevilla

Even then, he has managed to bring up couple of youth players for PSG

What i don't like is his handling of Cavani and Nyemar in the penalty incident.... a bit too soft, something like Wenger

But he was also mgr at Seville previously when Pool lost in the UEL final 2 seasons ago, and before that too?

So he had experience working on tight budget - and that could be the balance Arsenal is looking for, maybe.

With so many expensive players being hyped up excessively, making their heads grow big, player power is here to stay, unfortunately, and that's a pity that it's making the job of the mgrs more and more difficult.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1