Round the world trip

Philipkee

There was a spammer lah. I called him to kill it.

I not interested in round the world trip yet. Maybe after retirement.

I read this saying. There are three phases in life.

When you have time and energy but no money.

When you have money and energy but no time.

When you have money and time, but no energy.

No matter how, when you backpack, you have to choose one of the three phases. Only millionaires or something can do it when they have time, money and energy.

Of all the places you visited, where would you like to go back to again and perhaps stay a little longer to get to know one or 2 XMM better?

Hahaha. Russia is nice but unlikely I will go back just for the xmm.

But OMG their sweet giggle.....

Edited by Philipkee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Every now and then I will think of this trip.  And I keep reminding myself especially in today's climate I was lucky I did not hold off my trip any longer.  From 2004 when I got the idea for the trip to 2018 when  I actually did it.

If I had delayed, I will be wailing now.

So this trip is also a reminder to me not to put off till tomorrow what I can do today.

• Praise 3

Same same. I was lucky to complete my drive to BKK in 2019. Otherwise have to wait until don't know when. Thoroughly enjoyed my trip. Great to look back now.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Reviving an old post....

I would like to drive on long road trip for months and years. This is the first post about that thought. Think it would be great if could go with another person who has the same thoughts or has long distance driving experience. I would like to do it at slow pace and not rushing around to cover distance. Im almost done with earning money and so I will have the time. Hope I will have the energy by then.  As cars are expensive in Singapore, would it be better to buy a car in Malaysia or Thailand and then start the trip.....and end return to Malay or Thailand to sell it off at the end of the whole trip?

Edited by dgeralds1966

Singapore MY TH are all right hand drive countries and most countries in the world are actually LHR.

Driving around the world not sure its easy to ferry your car between  say Europe and America.

I would start in Europe and drive to SG buying a used Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic.

Italy and the Netherlands have the lowest prices for used cars across EU countries.

:D

1 hour ago, dgeralds1966 said:

Reviving an old post....

I would like to drive on long road trip for months and years. This is the first post about that thought. Think it would be great if could go with another person who has the same thoughts or has long distance driving experience. I would like to do it at slow pace and not rushing around to cover distance. Im almost done with earning money and so I will have the time. Hope I will have the energy by then.  As cars are expensive in Singapore, would it be better to buy a car in Malaysia or Thailand and then start the trip.....and end return to Malay or Thailand to sell it off at the end of the whole trip?

↡ Advertisement