Why is MCF so quiet these days?

Tianmo

BabyBlade was among the first few who reply to this thread, i think the management team know this problem for some time and she could be the secret weapon to revive and extend the forum for next 15 years [laugh][laugh]

Post her in bikini pic here confirm lighten up the forum.
↡ Advertisement

true that bro...that is why my life is more zen

'what does not kill you makes you stronger'

so for MCF if at all, it will be stronger [angel]

and of all is @mustank

haaaaaaaaaaaa

Simi Kang tao :grin:
  • Praise 2

Supercharged
4- liberate the praise system and skip the anonymous dislikes - be a man when you do a dislike

I agree on this point.

I gets discouraging when you wrote about something which is your own opinion (and not intentionally offend anyone) and someone just give you "dislike" and worse is, you dun know who is it and why !

Best is to remove the "dislike" button totally.

• Praise 1

horror of horrors man [laugh]

great post bro.. Appreciate that input that you gave.  Nice and comprehensive

based on your inputs, how are the other forums thriving? malsingmaps/clubsnap?  hows teh traffic if you have been there of late?

Thanks sir

Clubsnap is quiet - less TCSS but the technical chatter is still there.

It's still the go to place for pros and real hobbyists

So this forum won't die.. but we want to garner new members

Malsing is quiet now after they sold off the maps, and google / andriod phones etc are now the rage.. GPS is old ha ha

So special forums on music, hifi, cars will always have their place. Esp in a place where a car costs more than your arm and leg..

People will always come and seek opinions. Learn new tech.

Actually there's a bit lacking here: new tech talk. 

Seriously I almost bought an Audi A3, bare bones version because I didn't know better! Great car, but they took out a lot to make it really cheap.. 

And given that my old FD was also bare bones, I didn't know better..

Hypersonic

I agree on this point.

I gets discouraging when you wrote about something which is your own opinion (and not intentionally offend anyone) and someone just give you "dislike" and worse is, you dun know who is it and why !

Best is to remove the "dislike" button totally.

Long time no see [wave] [wave]

• Praise 1

in summary.. the current format, tech CMI.. not smart.. slow.. but ppl ok.. info ok..to me no $$$ for points..

Actually if you are talking about the forum website, it's fantastic!

I can paste youtube videos and the forum will add the quotes and share the url.

It's also easy to add pics.

But tech talk is a lot less than TCSS stuff.

I know a few hidden tigers here who know a lot about cars and are willing to share.

Some serious excel file users like Carbon82. His COE charts make me drool. I now ask my students to give the same attention to detail when they do their presentations!

Much like SG birth rate. Cannot go up and can only go down.

The truth is hard and perhaps a good group just cannot face it.

If there is a way to bring up the birth rate, there will be a way to bring up forum postings.

• Praise 3

Post her in bikini pic here confirm lighten up the forum.

Post you in bikini Pic also confirm lighten up the forum hehe

think it is true somewhat that for the record, most of us have moved to whatsapp and over on to our personal spaces within friends.  Heck, even within here, we have buddies on our own WA group and the messages we discuss are by the thousands.

MCF has to keep up with the times, same as any other media and the SOcial media scene has superseded that and thus the demise

@babyblade notion of the mobile app is indeed worthy to think about

The mobile app would be very useful and attractive for users like me who moved around from place to place.

Very convenient too.

• Praise 1

Post you in bikini Pic also confirm lighten up the forum hehe

pls hor...MORE PPL LEAVE... :blink:

cannot_be_unseen.jpg

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I agree with this.

Please be more flexible on the praising system.

I like to praise people.  I praise when I agree and also to acknowledge the post but I only have limited praising power each day.  Once I hit the praising power, I will log out and come back the next day.   This will discourage me from spending longer time in the forum.

BTW, I have not seen @TVT and @pisces69 in the forum for a long time.

Hi. Thanks for remembering me. [:)]

I hope you are well too.

I've started to scale down my time in MCF from 2015 when I sold my car in Dec 2014. Cos no more car liao so less needed to come in to check for lobangs. I have since became car-less till now, and had not gone for any road trips since then.

But I do come back once-in-a-while to check for interesting topics (especially in the non-car related sections) but usually I don't reply unless I feel its really necessary. Otherwise I come in to ask some questions, eg. KTM train tickets, etc. [laugh]

• Praise 3

that said,

@tianmo, evidnence that this place has the clout still, just the topics need to spice up....

Internal Moderator

I personally think that forum is not dead. It is just that there is an identity crisis. Long long time ago, when social media is not popular, a forum is the way to go for information. But now, because of social media is booming, mobile app integration helps us absorb information on the go, a lot of people give up on forums.

I like the beauty of forum is because you can get high-quality content (Sometimes arh, not every topic will strike gold one) from fellow forum members. I would like to get everyone who reads this to participate in your own way. Those who post, post with an intention to share. those who are finding for an answer must be patient with your queries. And those who are reading, praise the contributors more often. 

Forum is for like-minded people. And only when like-minded people share and interact more inside the forum, the forum then will flourish!

• Praise 8

eh, now you dictating how ppl shd post here?   trying to keep order in a thread like tht #lim fella ha?  It was just a loose comment so lighten up.  Dun get too anal for crying out loud

First of all, the stand is clear and many already agree that forums on the whole are dwindling on the whole.  PErhaps the focus should be on HOW we can spruce up the place a bit.

Make it productive and see how aligned we can get over this.

Dictating? oh well, since we are on the topic of dictating.

First of all, I want to confess that I have been very unprofessional, and acted against my principle of being objective. That was to have taken my personal interest a step above the bigger picture. Had i step forward earlier, things might have been different. 

Now, my purpose of creating this thread is to give you face while trying to gather information on how to increase traffic here, but I guess you dont need anyone to give you any face after all. 

Let me now state my points. I know you from the forum and we became friends offline, I do not want to lose you as a friend because of the forum, and had kept this to myself ( even leaving the forum for 1 year before someone called me back) rather than take it up with you.  But I guess I counldnt take it anymore. 

Yes, you have done a good job in cleaning up, but look what have you done to the forum. Whose idea was it about these cleaning ups? Yes, technologies will replace many things, forums included, but what you have done is just speeding up the death of MCF. 

What has this place become, MyRadxFroum? Everything works with your rules? Banning, moderating, locking threads, hiding threads and do whatever you wish and you like. Nobody dare go against your doing, even the administrator leave you to your dictatorship because you threaten to resign every time something against your favour happened.  This is the main issue leading to what is happening today.  

Yes, I am guilty too, for I played a part in the formation of this dictatorship, by supporting you in many cases where my head said no, but my heart said just do it for him. And Yes, I sld have told myself the same thing, "not happy dont come", after all this has been what we used to tell the newbies and anyone who posted anything up against you. But not anymore, I think I have enough, even if I am going to leave MCF for good, I will have to let it out once and for all, even at the expense of losing you as a private friend. 

I am not going to wash any dirty undies here, but I have collected enough data, and I have enough ppl here PMing me telling me how they, and I have compile a list, as far back as 6 months ago. The last thing I want to do is to have to send it to the administrator. Do I want to do it? NO! Do I have to do it? Yes, if there is a real need to. 

I am not asking for a fight, neither am I interested in a political power struggle. You know my reasons since long ago, the reason reminds the same. I am a selfish person and there is no real benefit for me to dig here, cyber power is of no use to me. 

Anyway, @pchou, @kobayashiGT, @Babyblade, I think I have said enough. One last piece for you guys, because of my selfishness, I have never wanted to step forward to offer my service, I apologize for this.  But from today onward, shld you guys feel that my service is required, in any format, you have my word that I shall step forward. 

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 2

IMO 

Apart from accidents, COEs and TCSS stuff

Other threads that are popular or desired by a newbie:

- road trips info, travel etc

- mods / things that make your car go faster, improve FC etc

- current affairs

- meet ups

- food

- things that concern health 

- government policies on cars eg VES

- IT related like PCs, apps 

- general tech - hifi, TV, movies etc

Dictating? oh well, since we are on the topic of dictating.

First of all, I want to confess that I have been very unprofessional, and acted against my principle of being objective. That was to have taken my personal interest a step above the bigger picture. Had i step forward earlier, things might have been different. 

Now, my purpose of creating this thread is to give you face while trying to gather information on how to increase traffic here, but I guess you dont need anyone to give you any face after all. 

Let me now state my points. I know you from the forum and we became friends offline, I do not want to lose you as a friend because of the forum, and had kept this to myself ( even leaving the forum for 1 year before someone called me back) rather than take it up with you.  But I guess I counldnt take it anymore. 

Yes, you have done a good job in cleaning up, but look what have you done to the forum. Whose idea was it about these cleaning ups? Yes, technologies will replace many things, forums included, but what you have done is just speeding up the death of MCF. 

What has this place become, MyRadxFroum? Everything works with your rules? Banning, moderating, locking threads, hiding threads and do whatever you wish and you like. Nobody dare go against your doing, even the administrator leave you to your dictatorship because you threaten to resign every time something against your favour happened.  This is the main issue leading to what is happening today.  

Yes, I am guilty too, for I played a part in the formation of this dictatorship, by supporting you in many cases where my head said no, but my heart said just do it for him. And Yes, I sld have told myself the same thing, "not happy dont come", after all this has been what we used to tell the newbies and anyone who posted anything up against you. But not anymore, I think I have enough, even if I am going to leave MCF for good, I will have to let it out once and for all, even at the expense of losing you as a private friend. 

I am not going to wash any dirty undies here, but I have collected enough data, and I have enough ppl here PMing me telling me how they, and I have compile a list, as far back as 6 months ago. The last thing I want to do is to have to send it to the administrator. Do I want to do it? NO! Do I have to do it? Yes, if there is a real need to. 

I am not asking for a fight, neither am I interested in a political power struggle. You know my reasons since long ago, the reason reminds the same. I am a selfish person and there is no real benefit for me to dig here, cyber power is of no use to me. 

Anyway, @pchou, @kobayashiGT, @Babyblade, I think I have said enough. One last piece for you guys, because of my selfishness, I have never wanted to step forward to offer my service, I apologize for this.  But from today onward, shld you guys feel that my service is required, in any format, you have my word that I shall step forward. 

noted and let's leave it at that

I personally think that forum is not dead. It is just that there is an identity crisis. Long long time ago, when social media is not popular, a forum is the way to go for information. But now, because of social media is booming, mobile app integration helps us absorb information on the go, a lot of people give up on forums.

I like the beauty of forum is because you can get high-quality content (Sometimes arh, not every topic will strike gold one) from fellow forum members. I would like to get everyone who reads this to participate in your own way. Those who post, post with an intention to share. those who are finding for an answer must be patient with your queries. And those who are reading, praise the contributors more often.

Forum is for like-minded people. And only when like-minded people share and interact more inside the forum, the forum then will flourish!

Very philosophical. U probably the one who help draft mission statement and vision for the company type hahaha
↡ Advertisement