Why is MCF so quiet these days?

Tianmo

Send the MODs out to put leaflet on cars at carpark again lah. Thatz how MCF started anyway. [laugh]

My fren received it on his car and recommended me here and have been here since. [:p]

Don't anyhow sabo the mods, last time MCF was managed by a different group of people, all chip in to help . 

Now, even the slogan of MCF changed. The task of distributing the flyers, we shall leave it in the good hands of the staffs from SGCM.

↡ Advertisement

Is it just me or is MCF really becoming quiet like a ghost town?

Where we used to have a few hundred viewers viewing a hot thread (max I have seen was 1000 at TDON thread), we now have less than 50, and that is also rare, mayb COE threads get that number on those closing days, I saw like 30 over at the exercise thread. 

Not only viewer rates is down, members participation rate is also down, where we used to have a few thousand posts recorded in a day,  I hardly see more than 500 posts recorded now. 

I remember if you post less than 50 in a day, you cannot even see yourself on the top 20 posters list, now 10 posts get you onto the list, and 50 usually make you the top poster of the day. 

Anyone knows what has happened or what is happening? Many ppl left? no new members? no interesting topics? replaced by technology? Or is MCF outdated? 

Any one notice anything? or doing anything about it? or we just let it carry on until no post no view and do an al lang syne?  :huh:  [laugh]  [laugh]

With more new driver turning to Uber/Grab, maybe they no longer requires knowledge to maintain their ride. [:p]

Don't anyhow sabo the mods, last time MCF was managed by a different group of people, all chip in to help . 

Now, even the slogan of MCF changed. The task of distributing the flyers, we shall leave it in the good hands of the staffs from SGCM.

Welcome back!!! Missed you too!!!

No more "Where car enthusiast meet" ???  [hur]

Send the MODs out to put leaflet on cars at carpark again lah. Thatz how MCF started anyway. [laugh]

My fren received it on his car and recommended me here and have been here since. [:p]

Wonder if SPH regrets the 60m paid for SGCM and MCF or not haha.

Welcome back!!! Missed you too!!!

No more "Where car enthusiast meet" ???  [hur]

Thanks, you noticed on the slogan as well ya.

How's things on your end?

I have been busy with family, work and some other stuff (offline) over the last few years. 

These 2 days, lighter workload, so came in, see look see look.

Wonder if SPH regrets the 60m paid for SGCM and MCF or not haha.

They should have gave some to mods. [laugh]  [laugh] [laugh]  

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=7702

Thanks, you noticed on the slogan as well ya.

How's things on your end?

I have been busy with family, work and some other stuff (offline) over the last few years. 

These 2 days, lighter workload, so came in, see look see look.

For me. Still same old same old.

Stuck in the same job. Lifestyle pretty much same. Should gather for a meetup and catch up. [grouphug]

For me. Still same old same old.

Stuck in the same job. Lifestyle pretty much same. Should gather for a meetup and catch up. [grouphug]

I have left high tech industry a few years back. Life is more well balanced now.

Current job requires frequent travel to the region tot.

Meetup ah.... will likely be in Sept (mid Sept, need to travel next week and in the 3rd week of Sept.

Your number still the same ya?

I have left high tech industry a few years back. Life is more well balanced now.

Current job requires frequent travel to the region tot.

Meetup ah.... will likely be in Sept (mid Sept, need to travel next week and in the 3rd week of Sept.

Your number still the same ya?

Yup, my number still the same.

Wah... This one sound like sabbie era Sia...

Sabbie was much earlier than that.

And this account may be one of his many 50 accounts that he claimed to have.

With more new driver turning to Uber/Grab, maybe they no longer requires knowledge to maintain their ride. [:p]

car population may not change much, but car ownership definately is at an all time low.

nowadays whenever you stop at the lights, you get surrounded by PHV.

Ball park figure at least 40-50% of car population belongs to PHV.

[bounce2] BREAKING NEWS [bounce2]

BFF again... :a-toast:

i8LLRUI.jpg

OK next, I will do my part to boost readership and participationship. Watch out for the upcoming Guess the Car thread. See you there. [wave]

Did you add length to Botak's thumb ....... realized quite long. Cute picture
  • Praise 4

Phew! This thread is surely very fast moving

There are no perfect human beings, I echo what many have said, not many people are willing to take up a thankless job which needs to be strongly fuelled by passion, its time consuming and not compensated

Many said time is money, once your youth is gone, you can never get it back and we are looking at these mods who have spent at least the last 15 years keeping the good order of mcf

MCF is supposedly to have higher class people, most here own a car or has owned one or more before and you would expect the standards of mods to be higher than other forums because of the more affluent folks here

IMHO, the most important qualities of a mod is being fair and partial especially when there are quarrels between members, they need to be able to act rationally and put their own emotions aside

And these are the qualities you see in @radx and @jman888

I do think twice before starting a new thread because of the strict rules, but i dont think this is causing the demise of the forum because this yardstick can be easily adjusted and it is to what extent, thats all

Theres always a need for balance, too much may be suffocating but too little may create havoc

Since the mods have been entrusted to moderate this forum, they need to be empowered to make the call and judgement

People are social beings afterall, so many opinions and so many different ideologies, its definitely difficult to be in agreement with all, not forgetting that mcf is a community

Talking about being a newbie, I am sometimes easily discouraged, countless of times, I wanted to leave the forum but you see I am still here because there are some values, some knowledge which i can pick up, and people whom I like to learn from here

People who want to stay will stay, you beat them also they wont leave

People who want to leave, no matter how you try to make them stay, they will just leave

Please dont dislike my post coz i really took time to pen down my thoughts and I really need to submit some work tonight so after this, I am going back to laptop to work

else i cannot sleep tonight

• Praise 19