Why is MCF so quiet these days?

Tianmo

Huh....simi loooong? Catch no balls...better explain hor else tonight i also cannot sleep [:p]

Tell you tomorrow .......
  • Praise 7

You are right. My eventual end goal is to move overseas, live an easy life and can retire in peace. So now saving up the funds to do so.

I've already achieved my goals here (buy car, scratch that itch already), so nothing left for me to stay on for.

Living here is tough. Need to work until dead, cannot even afford a decent standard of living. Waste your life for what.

I bought JB house already.

Retire time can stay there.

Can take mrt back and forth.

• Praise 3

Wah, there can buy you a car easily. 

Congrats.

• Praise 1

My 2 cents worth.

I joined this forum more than 10 years ago. I am not saying I am an old bird. I am still finding out and learning a lot about cars and this is notwithstanding that I have friends in the automotive industry and I was and still am privileged to go for the occasional circuit runs with my own stock car with these people. Enough said.

When I "came" to MCF, I know nuts about cars. I got a 17 year COE car as my first "new" car then. A mid 30s corporate guy driving this type of car but it is fine with me. But folks here were and still are very friendly. They willingly lent their ears and hands to guide me as I commenced my car journey. Then I got my brand new Jap car and it was a CS 3. Still, friendly folks in MCF like Vtim, Mazda323 and @Mivec9 etc helped me in then this journey of mine, albeit poisoning one another at the same time. I started a total of 15 threads in the space of 1-2 years with each thread at least 10 pages long (It was a blessing then that @Radx wasn't a moderator then. In today's context, I would have been banned and tekan jialat jialat)

As my journey progressed, I made more friends. Attended meetups. Went for the MCF's regular Bishan gatherings held usually on Friday nights (if I remembered correctly). Got to learn how to take care of my car like detailing and knew Benny aka @Maddriver from there onwards. Blah blah blah.

There are still familiar names hanging around in this forum other than the moderators. My apologies as I am quite bad with recalling of names and nicks these days.

I remembered there was the F4 group and I was "indicted" into that group and that was how I knew fever boy aka @Joseph22 and the other nice guys in various groups. You know who you are. I definitely and still remember you.

So I believe it is not just my life. I am sure old birds and newbies felt the same. In one way or another, this place has become one part of our lives. Whether we post or come in and read the contributions, this forum has survived, if not, "seen" many of us through the various phases of our own lives. In a few years time, it will not just have survived the first 10 years. It will turn 20. Each of us should give ourselves a pat on the shoulder for being a part of this forum.

Lastly, it is not easy being a moderator. I was once a moderator of another car club/forum. So I can empathize with the challenges and thankless tasks they faced. Let's post responsibly and agree to disagree. Life will be more easier for everyone.

Edited by Yuan
  • Praise 22

Wah, there can buy you a car easily.

Congrats.

Singaporean cannot drive MY car into SG mah, so take MRT & see pretty MY gals on train lor.

Singaporean cannot drive MY car into SG mah, so take MRT & see pretty MY gals on train lor.

Can drive within MY will do. Malaysia is a very big place to explore. Can retire in fun.

• Praise 1

When i write an opinion of mine, I get people who demands proof.

Yeah right, it's just my opinion and I have to prove to him I'm wrong.

Usually, these people go into my ignore list.

I'm too old for this. Fighting over trivials is over for me.

So the next time, if you think you're right. YES. you're right ! Happy ?

this kind really boliao.  Like last time BMWsg, ask for singpass to prove property existence....chey....too free

You are not potential moderator or potential MP type. Heck, you should apply for our elected president as our potential President.

Go Yuan Go Yuan Go Yuan

My 2 cents worth.

I joined this forum more than 10 years ago. I am not saying I am an old bird. I am still finding out and learning a lot about cars and this is notwithstanding that I have friends in the automotive industry and I was and still am privileged to go for the occasional circuit runs with my own stock car with these people. Enough said.

When I "came" to MCF, I know nuts about cars. I got a 17 year COE car as my first "new" car then. A mid 30s corporate guy driving this type of car but it is fine with me. But folks here were and still are very friendly. They willingly lent their ears and hands to guide me as I commenced my car journey. Then I got my brand new Jap car and it was a CS 3. Still, friendly folks in MCF like Vtim, Mazda323 and @Mivec9 etc helped me in then this journey of mine, albeit poisoning one another at the same time. I started a total of 15 threads in the space of 1-2 years with each thread at least 10 pages long (It was a blessing then that @Radx wasn't a moderator then. In today's context, I would have been banned and tekan jialat jialat)

As my journey progressed, I made more friends. Attended meetups. Went for the MCF's regular Bishan gatherings held usually on Friday nights (if I remembered correctly). Got to learn how to take care of my car like detailing and knew Benny aka @Maddriver from there onwards. Blah blah blah.

There are still familiar names hanging around in this forum other than the moderators. My apologies as I am quite bad with recalling of names and nicks these days.

I remembered there was the F4 group and I was "indicted" into that group and that was how I knew fever boy aka @Joseph22 and the other nice guys in various groups. You know who you are. I definitely and still remember you.

So I believe it is not just my life. I am sure old birds and newbies felt the same. In one way or another, this place has become one part of our lives. Whether we post or come in and read the contributions, this forum has survived, if not, "seen" many of us through the various phases of our own lives. In a few years time, it will not just have survived the first 10 years. It will turn 20. Each of us should give ourselves a pat on the shoulder for being a part of this forum.

Lastly, it is not easy being a moderator. I was once a moderator of another car club/forum. So I can empathize with the challenges and thankless tasks they faced. Let's post responsibly and agree to disagree. Life will be more easier for everyone.

OT abit, do u think its a good option, my friends have been talking about this

• Praise 2

hahahha..ppl want to know your saga w your car...

Funny, I cant sleep because disturbed by your members whom you let free a few days ago.

I wondered why:

I do noticed dislike being given to members when other members do not like their posting and some even on petty remarks.

But there are hard core members who dislike some moderators, I shall not mentioned names, but nobody has given any moderators any dislike yet. All the time I see is always praise.

There is a disconnect here. Suspect either, members have partial blindness, don't know how to spell dislike or just ball-less?

In any case, this inconsistency suggest moderators are likely right most of the time.

I cant help it, I don't want to be a potential moderator or potential MP. There is a bugger here already with potential president of Singapore. I am aiming for the big one.

Edited by Still2016
  • Dislike 1

Funny, I cant sleep because disturbed by your members whom you let free a few days ago.

I wondered why:

I do noticed dislike being given to members when other members do not like their posting and some even on petty remarks.

But there are hard core members who dislike some moderators, I shall not mentioned names, but nobody has given any moderators any dislike yet. All the time I see is always praise.

There is a disconnect here. Suspect either, members have partial blindness, don't know how to spell dislike or just ball-less?

In any case, this inconsistency suggest moderators are likely right most of the time.

I cant help it, I don't want to be a potential moderator or potential MP. There is a bugger here already with potential president of Singapore. I am aiming for the big one.

hahhaaa....

ZEfB29O.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2