Why is MCF so quiet these days?

Tianmo

Don't worry, now we have a new more relaxed regime..

Some cars now have threads for the main car, the 1.0l version, and the 2017 versions ;)

You can test waters with something too.. 

Regime.  :XD:

↡ Advertisement

finally finished reading through 25 pages......

as a real newbie (just joined MCF earlier this month, and new car owner), and after reading through the old posts, i shall list down my thoughts below. apologies in advance for the lack of flow haha... 

my reason for joining MCF was to learn more about cars, and to make new friends. after joining, i managed to find some people who replied to my noob questions and able to interact in a friendly manner. i have not met anyone from MCF in person yet, but hope to do so and to learn more from all the old birds. sure, there will be some trouble makers or people who are too opinionated and cannot agree to disagree, but so far not many. 

we can all be more friendly to newcomers and guide them to the correct place if they post at the wrong thread etc. i understand that there are many mature old birds here who cannot suffer fools, but everyone was young before, and we have to go through a learning process. i believe this may be the reason why young people do not bother to join MCF although they may be interested in cars. 

i believe that as time passes, people will be able to get a glimpse of who you are by what you post, and that fosters the friendship and familiarity which i see in MCF currently for the regulars. 

mods are doing a great job of ensuring order in MCF. i used to be active in the SOFT music forum but there was very little control and frankly speaking, the forummers there were much younger and less matured. here at MCF i appreciate and respect all the views of the old birds and most importantly, we know when to be serious and when to relax and joke around. i do not mind if my new threads are moved to the old posts as i may not have searched through the 15-year archive to know where is the best place to do so. 

i do not think forums can be replaced by FB, Whatsapp etc, as forums work differently to provide a platform where people can ask questions, learn about the subject, and browse through the previous posts to find info. although i am still young (ownself say ownself), i still find the forum platform a good place to search for car info as compared to other social media. 

with all the interactions and interest in MCF, i hope that MCF will continue to be around for many years to come. 

just some suggestions:

- enable thread starters of sticky posts to edit the 1st post, so that all the important info shared in the thread can be summarised in the 1st post. this will encourage TS to take ownership of their threads and "mod" their own threads. 

- abolish anonymous praise and dislike. one has to take responsibility for one's actions. 

i look forward to any meetups and will try to make it! 

• Praise 4

If you wan really really fast meet up ..... you must say  " My  treat "    [grin]    

• Praise 5

If you wan really really fast meet up ..... you must say " My treat " [grin]

later all the arm arm MCFers appear then i pok kai haha...

as a real newbie (just joined MCF earlier this month, and new car owner), and after reading through the old posts, i shall list down my thoughts below. apologies in advance for the lack of flow haha...

my reason for joining MCF was to learn more about cars, and to make new friends. after joining, i managed to find some people who replied to my noob questions and able to interact in a friendly manner. i have not met anyone from MCF in person yet, but hope to do so and to learn more from all the old birds. sure, there will be some trouble makers or people who are too opinionated and cannot agree to disagree, but so far not many.

we can all be more friendly to newcomers and guide them to the correct place if they post at the wrong thread etc. i understand that there are many mature old birds here who cannot suffer fools, but everyone was young before, and we have to go through a learning process. i believe this may be the reason why young people do not bother to join MCF although they may be interested in cars.

i believe that as time passes, people will be able to get a glimpse of who you are by what you post, and that fosters the friendship and familiarity which i see in MCF currently for the regulars.

mods are doing a great job of ensuring order in MCF. i used to be active in the SOFT music forum but there was very little control and frankly speaking, the forummers there were much younger and less matured. here at MCF i appreciate and respect all the views of the old birds and most importantly, we know when to be serious and when to relax and joke around. i do not mind if my new threads are moved to the old posts as i may not have searched through the 15-year archive to know where is the best place to do so.

i do not think forums can be replaced by FB, Whatsapp etc, as forums work differently to provide a platform where people can ask questions, learn about the subject, and browse through the previous posts to find info. although i am still young (ownself say ownself), i still find the forum platform a good place to search for car info as compared to other social media.

with all the interactions and interest in MCF, i hope that MCF will continue to be around for many years to come.

just some suggestions:

- enable thread starters of sticky posts to edit the 1st post, so that all the important info shared in the thread can be summarised in the 1st post. this will encourage TS to take ownership of their threads and "mod" their own threads.

- abolish anonymous praise and dislike. one has to take responsibility for one's actions.

CB .. dun talk so much here..

Go to the SGB 3333 thread n make more contributions

• Praise 5

CB .. dun talk so much here..

Go to the SGB 3333 thread n make more contributions ððð

eh bro i already making a lot of contributions there ok... even go LTA website dig the car info some more haha...

that one need the DrawAnipple to appear...

• Praise 2

later all the arm arm MCFers appear then i pok kai haha...

see @Hoseyboh already helped to suggest ..... no need black pearl , MSW can work liao  :D

of course u got to say , only limited to the first 20 registered . So simple. 

• Praise 8

see @Hoseyboh already helped to suggest ..... no need black pearl , MSW can work liao :D

Ah Dash, I help you lighten your pocket. I ponchung mineral water....

Also limited to the first 20 registered.

• Praise 2

see @Hoseyboh already helped to suggest ..... no need black pearl , MSW can work liao  :D

nowadays durian supply reducing... price go up, quality drop...  [shakehead]

MCF was never the same when....

*Shu Qi got married

*people are still super bored

*tame driver can't get any wilder

*member posting same watches with different background

*turbo stay flat at stage 4

*younsters say FTW instead of FCW

*member asking wat wheels since 2006?

*one still living in 2016

*we know roadrunner won't get caught by coyote at least till 2029

*2B license is limited to small cc

*Bush defeated Sadan Hussein

*Ah Tiong Chia no longer attractive

*the rock becomes a movie star

*batman falls in love with catwoman not some random car woman

*tiny blade with no æ伤å

*tic tac toe that ended in a draw

*people are watching X-men & not some J

*undertaker undertaking all the crap & get himself infamous

Can't help when.....

*blu ray disc is not as portable

*toyota overtaken by Honda as best selling

*US dollars still much preferred than Yuan

*no one uses cauldron to cook for global warning

*Boneo don't even brings in Vellfire anymore

*people still prefer to go H81 instead of some LA81

*smart phone games are prefer than PSP

*building are prefab & not build by mason

*his kee is not as big as AMDK

*a Mister brag his is 20, but never say mm or cm?

*proven that çªè¯å¶ç sambal taste better than beano å¶

How to improve when members.....

*can't decide their sexual identity?

*é­é«ä¸å°ºï¼éé«ä¸ä¸ (did I get it right?)

*have insidious plan?

*not a genius?

*neutral member comes in only a couple or so times?

*bet Arsenal when last title won was 13years ago?

*show fake six pack abs when an App Store is available?

*trying to impersonate the famous BACH?

*getting a knock of Mustang?

*Dleo Dleo sounds so vulgar in Cantonese?

*dont know which cheek of theirs is Ang Ang? face or butt?

*still noob since 1979?

*only show gif eating banana & not a video eating the real thing

*only show and not someone who post, a poster.

*Beh Tong....woman don't like pre ejaculation, my friend.

*must be powerful like some TNT & not firecracker like TVT

Please. Like or dislike my post if you see yourself in the above listed.

best post in 25 pages haha...