Samsung Note 8

Stratovarius

Hey that's not a bad idea... but spoil the market if give the headphone this year, then future years also expect pricey gifts... then i siao liao  [sweatdrop]

How to turn on fast charge? I used it to charge my S7 edge and also the N8 leh, both of which when using the fast charging cable, will fast-charge automatically one mah... Is there any other setting to set?

I did a rough comparison, using the cable took about 1.5 hr. Using the wireless charger needed 2 hr 50 min...

But tried i think 3 times only, then i went away holiday so last 2-3 wk never tried again.

you need to turn on the wireless fast charge on your phone first.... if not it will charge as per normal

setting --> advance feature --> Accessories --> fast wireless charging - ON

Edited by Jman888
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

you need to turn on the wireless fast charge on your phone first.... if not it will charge as per normal

btw, what's the specs of the original wireless charger ? output ?

Twincharged

I got my N8 on the launch date in sept... so excited but after using it for 3 mths, the only problem I am still facing is the internet reception isn't as strong, for example while u are on the line the 4G immediate drop your H+ and can't access any web page not even google... My old note 5 no such problem..

When down Samsung service center to check and the manager done a check on their own N8 and its the same problem too, I did sent it in to reboot the whole phone and lost all my details in the phone but end up still the same, am not going in service center again since nothing they can do for me, at the moment just adjust to the new changes and hoping Samsung do know of such problem and came out with a new software update that can cure..

Beside this the phone is superb, I love this phone and the camera that not even note 5 can match..

Is it telco problem? Mine when i use my starhub sim for data, it always drop to H+. But my circleslife sim always stays on 4G.

Is it telco problem? Mine when i use my starhub sim for data, it always drop to H+. But my circleslife sim always stays on 4G.

I think it's from note 5..if on Wi-Fi then no problem...

wow thanks!

My S7 for this is ON.

For N8, under Accessories, dun have this fast wireless charging option leh... wonder why...

wow thanks!

My S7 for this is ON.

For N8, under Accessories, dun have this fast wireless charging option leh... wonder why...

probably by default.

anyone uses the samsung cloud?

I took the Note 8 along for my holiday to take photos, while my sim card is still in the S7Edge. Then some photos that i took in the N8 actually appears in the S7Edge too...

Is it because they are all synced to the samsung cloud?

Then i also received notification that my One Drive is expiring soon on my S7 Edge... What the hell is this i also dun know... I don't remember signing up anything, but could this be something they dangle FOC when I first started using the S7 Edge last year, and now they wanna start charging?  [sweatdrop]

Really headache trying to transfer and migrate over to new phone...

anyone uses the samsung cloud?

I took the Note 8 along for my holiday to take photos, while my sim card is still in the S7Edge. Then some photos that i took in the N8 actually appears in the S7Edge too...

Is it because they are all synced to the samsung cloud?

Then i also received notification that my One Drive is expiring soon on my S7 Edge... What the hell is this i also dun know... I don't remember signing up anything, but could this be something they dangle FOC when I first started using the S7 Edge last year, and now they wanna start charging? [sweatdrop]

Really headache trying to transfer and migrate over to new phone...

Sorry, only just saw your post. I used samsung smart switch to transfer stuff between my s6 and n8. Very easy to use.
  • Praise 1

This is probably a great time to pick up a brand new Samsung Galaxy Note8. During the 12.12 sale, the lowest price we spotted was RM3,279 by Tesco on Lazada Malaysia. Now there’s an even lower deal and you can even get it on monthly instalment from as low as RM266.58 over 12 months.

https://www.soyacincau.com/2017/12/14/samsung-galaxy-note8-malaysia-lowest-price/

Does anybody having no network while calling..

Mine is immediate drop from 4G to H+ when call come in and while talking on call I can't surf net..

And once call end, the network will resume in 30-60 sec..

But if on wifi will have no problem...

Went to Samsung service center and they even reboot the phone clear all my details but still no help..

I Google and noticed quite a few person having same problem and some is on other model, Samsung and iphone too..

Hope someone got a solution

https://www.techspot.com/news/72482-users-reporting-battery-problems-their-galaxy-note-8s.html

Some users are reporting battery problems with their Galaxy Note 8s At least the phones aren't exploding By Rob Thubron  on Dec 28, 2017, 10:54 AM
2017-08-23-image-9.jpg

Back when Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Note 8 in August, it apologized for the disaster that was the Note 7. But just over three months after the company launched its flagship, several Note 8 owners have reported that their handsets are suffering from battery issues.

Members of Samsung’s official forums and other sources report that their Note 8s became unresponsive after they used them until they ran out of power. The devices were completely bricked—even plugging them into the mains brought no sign of life. In other cases, the charging icon appears on the phone’s screen when placed on a wireless charger or plugged in, but it won’t actually charge and still doesn’t turn on.

One Note 8 user posted a video of the problem to YouTube. It shows his Sprint model refusing to charge or turn back on after he ran the battery dry.

A bricked phone is better than an exploding one, admittedly, and Samsung will be glad that the problem appears limited to a handful of users, but news of another battery problem in its phones will doubtlessly be unwelcome. Moreover, there’s at least one report of the same issue appearing in a Galaxy S8 Plus. In a statement, the company said it still has not received any official information about the issue.

We have yet to get any official report for this matter and are unable to comment until we obtain more specific information of the phone. Any customers with the similar matter are encouraged to contact Samsung at Local Customer Care number.

Unlike the situation with the Note 7, Samsung’s battery problems in this instance are dwarfed by Apple’s current troubles. After admitting that a software update slowed down earlier iPhone models to prevent unexpected shutdowns, several owners are now filing lawsuits against Cupertino for not disclosing its actions.

i don't have the batt flat then unresponsive problem (yet).

Talk and no signal, also haven't encountered.

But like i said before, i have problem with the sensitivity of the N8 when playing games leh. Touched the area, but won't 'register'. Most strange.

Anyway, i had a hard time migrating all my stuff (esp. the photos) over. Changing phones really siong...

But like i said before, i have problem with the sensitivity of the N8 when playing games leh. Touched the area, but won't 'register'. Most strange.

Anyway, i had a hard time migrating all my stuff (esp. the photos) over. Changing phones really siong...

I concur with the touch issue especially on the keypad, seem that hard to type as the sensitivity is soft, anyone have the same issue as me? Otherwise, it is a great phone, no problem with the battery flat then unresponsive and sudden no signal issue, on the battery, I have never let the phone battery run till complete flat so did not encounter any problem! -_-

Twincharged

You have screen protector on? My wife tried a screen protector with her S8 and the screen became not sensitive. Without screen protector the screen became very responsive again.

You have screen protector on? My wife tried a screen protector with her S8 and the screen became not sensitive. Without screen protector the screen became very responsive again.

No leh...

I tot it's my fingers, skin a bit dry and peeling when on vacation. But asked my wife to try, then also got some problem, although less than me...

The S7 Edge never had this problem, for the same game... and S7 Edge was smaller...

I concur with the touch issue especially on the keypad, seem that hard to type as the sensitivity is soft, anyone have the same issue as me? Otherwise, it is a great phone, no problem with the battery flat then unresponsive and sudden no signal issue, on the battery, I have never let the phone battery run till complete flat so did not encounter any problem! -_-

hmm... keypad i'm not sure, as i use the swipe method, so hardly 'press' (or type).

The phone went dry i think 2-3 times and still can charge and on leh. Better stay that way...

1 of my friend n8 also no problem on talk and signal...I guess is the phone issue, guess I need go flip some table at Samsung services center

↡ Advertisement