To Appear In Court For Traffic Offence in JB

C1R384

Received this summon in JB for turning into a single direction road and was asked to appear in court for this offence. Have anyone encountered this before? Not sure if the offense stated is correct, don't understand Malay language. Any valuable advice? Do I really have to appear in court?

post-190648-0-00836400-1503542560_thumb.jpg

post-190648-0-87212500-1503542568_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Received this summon in JB for turning into a single direction road and was asked to appear in court for this offence. Have anyone encountered this before? Not sure if the offense stated is correct, don't understand Malay language. Any valuable advice? Do I really have to appear in court?

bro.....did you go against traffic flow.....looks like a single one-way lane! It says offence is compoundable but no amount stated!

Oh! Thanks for replying bro! So I can pay the fine at the AXS machine?

AXS can pay malaysia traffic summon, go check it out, but duration for it to link to AXS nobody knows how long. If of concern go to their TP HQ to pay, on the left just after shell custom 

AXS can pay malaysia traffic summon, go check it out, but duration for it to link to AXS nobody knows how long. If of concern go to their TP HQ to pay, on the left just after shell custom

Okay! Thanks bro for the advice!

bro.....did you go against traffic flow.....looks like a single one-way lane! It says offence is compoundable but no amount stated!

Yep, made a left turn where only right turn is allowed. And seriously, wasn't aware that it's a one way, moreover is a really really short road man! Less than 10m I guess.

I got fine at the same spot. 600rm.

300rm - Failure to obey Traffic sign

300rm - Going against traffic

And no, im not paying it coz they cherry pick their "customers"

Edited by UncleAtas
  • Praise 1

Did you really go against traffic?

And do you intend never to drive in again?

Ya exactly! The TP officer told me 600rm and need to attend court! I was like WTF. Just a short little junction and it's so damn serious?! But if you choose not to pay, I guess you can't entered the boleh land again right, cost if your fail to attend court it'll be warrant of arrest for you man! Serious shit!

Ya exactly! The TP officer told me 600rm and need to attend court! I was like WTF. Just a short little junction and it's so damn serious?! But if you choose not to pay, I guess you can't entered the boleh land again right, cost if your fail to attend court it'll be warrant of arrest for you man! Serious shit!

My friend was in your shoe before. He totally ignored the fine and till now he's still fine. :D

• Praise 5

My friend was in your shoe before. He totally ignored the fine and till now he's still fine. :D

Wow! Your friend daring sia! Fail to attend court quite serious wor, can get arrested!

Wow! Your friend daring sia! Fail to attend court quite serious wor, can get arrested!

Malaysia boleh!

He visit JB regularly without problems. If get caught, just pay up.

In Bolehland, everything can 'negotiate'. I hope u know what I meant.

Anyway at your own risk bro.

Edited by Aaronlkl

Malaysia boleh!

He visit JB regularly without problems. If get caught, just pay up.

Malaysia boleh!

He visit JB regularly without problems. If get caught, just pay up.

no la.. if court have details of the offence.. u  kopi the polis...  the record still there one..  the kopi is let you leave on the spot.. problem not solved... 

• Praise 2

Okay! Thanks bro for the advice!

Yep, made a left turn where only right turn is allowed. And seriously, wasn't aware that it's a one way, moreover is a really really short road man! Less than 10m I guess.

Go to their tp hq and enquire about the fine....got early bird discount and this week is their independence day....maybe can get more discount. I kana once rm300....asked a friend to help me pay as he rides home everyday. He gets to keeps the change....hahaha! Just for that peace of mind after that.....
  • Praise 3

My personal thoughts.

Just because their police force is lax doesn't mean you should break the traffic law there and expect to get away with it right? [laugh]

If you don't get a ticket, you count your blessings. But if you are unlucky and get a ticket, man up and pay it off.

You can choose not to pay a parking ticket [laugh], but for traffic offences, better don't mess around.

If you refuse to pay and you get caught in their road block operations, then you will be in a lot of trouble. And the trouble will cost you time, happiness and money. Furthermore, your plans for the trip in or coming back will be screwed.

So why not pay it off? Or as others suggested, pay it off when there is a discount window. Usually 50% off during festive periods.

• Praise 10

My personal thoughts.

Just because their police force is lax doesn't mean you should break the traffic law there and expect to get away with it right? [laugh]

If you don't get a ticket, you count your blessings. But if you are unlucky and get a ticket, man up and pay it off.

You can choose not to pay a parking ticket [laugh], but for traffic offences, better don't mess around.

If you refuse to pay and you get caught in their road block operations, then you will be in a lot of trouble. And the trouble will cost you time, happiness and money. Furthermore, your plans for the trip in or coming back will be screwed.

So why not pay it off? Or as others suggested, pay it off when there is a discount window. Usually 50% off during festive periods.

Yes, I totally agreed with what you said. But seriously, sometimes to think of it, 600rm for a really innocent mistake? If I'm intentionally did something stupid thinking that I can get away and I get caught, I'll admit and pay up! But for this case, it is genuinely unintentional! The TP officer don't even bother to listen to me, in my opinion, he is just trying his luck if he can get any 'Starbucks' money out from me, keep repeating that I'm gonna issue you a summon now, 3 times! What does he expect me to say? 'How much can I pay you to waive this summon ticket off?' I believe in SGP if such a think happen to a Malaysia vehicle, and he appeals, very likely the driver will be given the benefit of doubt and given a warning instead. I wanted to do so (appeal to MY TP). But honestly, I don't have faith in the gov system, who knows, might cost me even more money/trouble to appeal! Anyway, thanks for your sincere advise, appreciated and I know you genuinely meant well. I'll wait for the fine amount to be reflected on the AXS and then decide on my next course of action.

I'm just sharing what my friend did after receiving fines/court orders.

Bear in mind, the record is there. Don't ever get caught again if u choose to ignore the court order.

Yep! I get what you meant, thanks for sharing, don't worry, I'm an adult and I understand that I have to bear the consequences of my actions that I decide, will not blame anyone who is here to provide me advice and suggestions! End of the day, it's my choice.

Anyway I also hope that this can serve as a good lesson for drivers who frequent JB. Remember that when you cross MY checkpoint and pass by Shell, followed by BPoint, and if you were to turn left right after BPoint into the place where those money changer are, DO NOT turn back out from the same road you came in. You are supposed to right turn follow the road all the way till you reach the back of Petronas station and left turn back to the road heading back to the Shell petrol kiosk.

↡ Advertisement