To Appear In Court For Traffic Offence in JB

C1R384

Yes, I totally agreed with what you said. But seriously, sometimes to think of it, 600rm for a really innocent mistake? If I'm intentionally did something stupid thinking that I can get away and I get caught, I'll admit and pay up! But for this case, it is genuinely unintentional! The TP officer don't even bother to listen to me, in my opinion, he is just trying his luck if he can get any 'Starbucks' money out from me, keep repeating that I'm gonna issue you a summon now, 3 times! What does he expect me to say? 'How much can I pay you to waive this summon ticket off?' I believe in SGP if such a think happen to a Malaysia vehicle, and he appeals, very likely the driver will be given the benefit of doubt and given a warning instead. I wanted to do so (appeal to MY TP). But honestly, I don't have faith in the gov system, who knows, might cost me even more money/trouble to appeal! Anyway, thanks for your sincere advise, appreciated and I know you genuinely meant well. I'll wait for the fine amount to be reflected on the AXS and then decide on my next course of action.

Yep! I get what you meant, thanks for sharing, don't worry, I'm an adult and I understand that I have to bear the consequences of my actions that I decide, will not blame anyone who is here to provide me advice and suggestions! End of the day, it's my choice.

Anyway I also hope that this can serve as a good lesson for drivers who frequent JB. Remember that when you cross MY checkpoint and pass by Shell, followed by BPoint, and if you were to turn left right after BPoint into the place where those money changer are, DO NOT turn back out from the same road you came in. You are supposed to right turn follow the road all the way till you reach the back of Petronas station and left turn back to the road heading back to the Shell petrol kiosk.

Your advice is to follow the road signs in Malaysia?

Gotcha  [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yes, I totally agreed with what you said. But seriously, sometimes to think of it, 600rm for a really innocent mistake? If I'm intentionally did something stupid thinking that I can get away and I get caught, I'll admit and pay up! But for this case, it is genuinely unintentional! The TP officer don't even bother to listen to me, in my opinion, he is just trying his luck if he can get any 'Starbucks' money out from me, keep repeating that I'm gonna issue you a summon now, 3 times! What does he expect me to say? 'How much can I pay you to waive this summon ticket off?' I believe in SGP if such a think happen to a Malaysia vehicle, and he appeals, very likely the driver will be given the benefit of doubt and given a warning instead. I wanted to do so (appeal to MY TP). But honestly, I don't have faith in the gov system, who knows, might cost me even more money/trouble to appeal! Anyway, thanks for your sincere advise, appreciated and I know you genuinely meant well. I'll wait for the fine amount to be reflected on the AXS and then decide on my next course of action.

Yep! I get what you meant, thanks for sharing, don't worry, I'm an adult and I understand that I have to bear the consequences of my actions that I decide, will not blame anyone who is here to provide me advice and suggestions! End of the day, it's my choice.

Anyway I also hope that this can serve as a good lesson for drivers who frequent JB. Remember that when you cross MY checkpoint and pass by Shell, followed by BPoint, and if you were to turn left right after BPoint into the place where those money changer are, DO NOT turn back out from the same road you came in. You are supposed to right turn follow the road all the way till you reach the back of Petronas station and left turn back to the road heading back to the Shell petrol kiosk.

Thanks for the head up bro.

Thanks for the head up bro.

You are welcome bro! Bottom line is, if want to be a cheapskate like me to go in for cheap stuff, then have to be extra careful, lots of 'landmines' in boleh land, both from the criminals(robbery) and enforcers(abuse of powers). But still if you were to ask me, I'm still willing to take the risk for that 1 to 3 ratio, haha

You are welcome bro! Bottom line is, if want to be a cheapskate like me to go in for cheap stuff, then have to be extra careful, lots of 'landmines' in boleh land, both from the criminals(robbery) and enforcers(abuse of powers). But still if you were to ask me, I'm still willing to take the risk for that 1 to 3 ratio, haha ð , i know I'm cheapo!

ð¨ What's that for bro?

ð¨ What's that for bro?

I can't say that by following signs you will be 100% free from tickets, but yes to some extend it will greatly minimize the chances of getting summon. Reason I said so is because I've yet to go back to the place to check if there are indeed any signs that show 'No Left Turn'. But I can be sure that there was no road marking on the road.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/two-porean-women-detained-strip-searched-m-sia-153412363.html

You are welcome bro! Bottom line is, if want to be a cheapskate like me to go in for cheap stuff, then have to be extra careful, lots of 'landmines' in boleh land, both from the criminals(robbery) and enforcers(abuse of powers). But still if you were to ask me, I'm still willing to take the risk for that 1 to 3 ratio, haha

• Praise 2

No need to pay.  I also kena before.  They didn't stopped a MY registered car in front of me who did the same thing but stopped me because they think they can cream a SG car.  They say 600rm or court, or "settle sini".

Since I am chao ABdriver, I showed them my middle finger n took the summon.  Till the day I scrapped my car, I didn't pay.

I call this selective "tarn jiak" summon.  But its ok, I still like MY and my hiadees over there.

Edited by Ahbengdriver

You may find it hard to accept, but this road was converted to one way many many years ago, way before they even had the new row of shops after the Shell station and the car wash shops behind popped up.

What I know is some do try their luck, like you, even after the road was converted to one way. Whether they were caught or not is another matter.

So really, there's no reason why you should claim ignorance about this junction.

Maybe the arrow worn off already and they didn't repaint it.

I can't say that by following signs you will be 100% free from tickets, but yes to some extend it will greatly minimize the chances of getting summon. Reason I said so is because I've yet to go back to the place to check if there are indeed any signs that show 'No Left Turn'. But I can be sure that there was no road marking on the road.

You may find it hard to accept, but this road was converted to one way many many years ago, way before they even had the new row of shops after the Shell station and the car wash shops behind popped up.

What I know is some do try their luck, like you, even after the road was converted to one way. Whether they were caught or not is another matter.

So really, there's no reason why you should claim ignorance about this junction.

Maybe the arrow worn off already and they didn't repaint it.

Yep, probably I'm not as careful/observant as you. But honestly, if you were to ask me, I'm will be very honest to say that I will try my luck to take that shortcut than to make a big round. My point is, yes rules are there and we ought to follow, but clearly the feeling those enforcer gave me is that they ain't there to make sure drivers ensure that drivers follow the rules but I call that 'fishing'. I don't think that I'm the only driver who breach this rule, seriously if I wanna be a arrogant, i can ask the officer to wait and see how many motorcyclist actually turn out from that junction and make sure he issue them all with tickets, for sure his printer will run out of ink! Well, we all have our own opinion, and sometimes it might be hard for some people to accept, no offence.

No need to pay. I also kena before. They didn't stopped a MY registered car in front of me who did the same thing but stopped me because they think they can cream a SG car. They say 600rm or court, or "settle sini".

Since I am chao ABdriver, I showed them my middle finger n took the summon. Till the day I scrapped my car, I didn't pay.

I call this selective "tarn jiak" summon. But its ok, I still like MY and my hiadees over there.

Ha! Not surprising! Like I said, if they were to really 'STRICTLY' enforce. I think their magistrate will quit his/her job because there will be so many people queuing to see him/her.
  • Praise 1

Well, you have your points too.

Yep, probably I'm not as careful/observant as you. But honestly, if you were to ask me, I'm will be very honest to say that I will try my luck to take that shortcut than to make a big round. My point is, yes rules are there and we ought to follow, but clearly the feeling those enforcer gave me is that they ain't there to make sure drivers ensure that drivers follow the rules but I call that 'fishing'. I don't think that I'm the only driver who breach this rule, seriously if I wanna be a arrogant, i can ask the officer to wait and see how many motorcyclist actually turn out from that junction and make sure he issue them all with tickets, for sure his printer will run out of ink! Well, we all have our own opinion, and sometimes it might be hard for some people to accept, no offence.

Well, you have your points too.

Haha! Still be it luck or ignorance, it's still my choice to cross over to this place! No one force me, so I have to suck thumb to accept all these 'first class' treatment lor, I blame no one but myself! Now if really no choice just pay lor, if I were to do my calculations, still I profit from the 1:3 ratio

Ha! Not surprising! Like I said, if they were to really 'STRICTLY' enforce. I think their magistrate will quit his/her job because there will be so many people queuing to see him/her.

Assuming at a particular road, a row of cars are parking illegally. A traffic warden comes along and issue tickets to the first 3 cars before riding away. If you are one of the three cars been issued with the ticket, what will you do? It commonly happen in Singapore. 

Edited by Rayleigh
  • Praise 1

The TP officer don't even bother to listen to me, in my opinion, he is just trying his luck if he can get any 'Starbucks' money out from me, keep repeating that I'm gonna issue you a summon now, 3 times! What does he expect me to say? 'How much can I pay you to waive this summon ticket off?'

Considering the MY TP Officer mentioned he's going to issue you a summons now 3 times, its almost 100% certain that he is looking for some 'Starbucks' money and you may explore some form of on-the-spot settlement arrangement.

If you do encounter such scenario in the future, perhaps some subtle ways you can explore the possibility of that arrangement is to perhaps ask 'Do you need to see my passport?' and ensure you have slotted at least "a piece of paper that's blue-green in colour" (or if you're feeling more generous, add another red piece of paper) inside. 

Chances are they'll give you a "friendly warning" and ask you to be on your way. 

And in the event that they question you suspiciously about the money in your passport, you can just act blur and say you just happened to keep some spare money there for emergencies.  [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Ronkovic

Tks 4 e heads up....i do travel up north quite frequently and pass by said junction on many occasions, didn't realize its a 'hot' spot.   

2 Wrongs don't make a right.....in this care 3 wrongs don't make a right

1st wrong..... Traffic infringement in foreign country

2nd wrong ..... selective targeting of SGP registered vehicle to scalp by the TP

3rd wrong  ......not to pay up the fine because feeling that he has been unfairly targeted

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2