To Appear In Court For Traffic Offence in JB

C1R384

Yep, probably I'm not as careful/observant as you. But honestly, if you were to ask me, I'm will be very honest to say that I will try my luck to take that shortcut than to make a big round. My point is, yes rules are there and we ought to follow, but clearly the feeling those enforcer gave me is that they ain't there to make sure drivers ensure that drivers follow the rules but I call that 'fishing'. I don't think that I'm the only driver who breach this rule, seriously if I wanna be a arrogant, i can ask the officer to wait and see how many motorcyclist actually turn out from that junction and make sure he issue them all with tickets, for sure his printer will run out of ink! Well, we all have our own opinion, and sometimes it might be hard for some people to accept, no offence.

Ha! Not surprising! Like I said, if they were to really 'STRICTLY' enforce. I think their magistrate will quit his/her job because there will be so many people queuing to see him/her.

I think you fully deserve it as whether or not the warden did it out of personal benefits is at best anyone's guess, but the facts were he was doing what was under his job scope and that you broke the rules. And you said you are willing to try the same luck again due to the 1:3 exchange rate, shows you did it on purpose and is even more unforgiveable. You want to break the law you should be man enough to be prepared to pay the price, don't kenna caught already cry foul. Edited by Ingenius
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Did you really go against traffic?

And do you intend never to drive in again?

Haha , dont teach bad thing here lah..

I think you fully deserve it as whether or not the warden did it out of personal benefits is at best anyone's guess, but the facts were he was doing what was under his job scope and that you broke the rules. And you said you are willing to try the same luck again due to the 1:3 exchange rate, shows you did it on purpose and is even more unforgiveable. You want to break the law you should be man enough to be prepared to pay the price, don't kenna caught already cry foul.

Whoa! Chill man! Firstly, I dun agree that his 'job scope' is to selectively pick on specific category of driver and catching drivers at those spot where it is clear that there will be a lot of drivers who will indeed commit the offense unknowingly! If they were to station at places where when an offense is committed and it's a clear cut case where drivers knowingly commit the offense then I've nothing to say. Secondly, I think you got me wrong when I say the 1:3 ratio I'm not saying that I will intentionally commit offense to get fine, if I'm that rich then i wouldn't need to risk myself going to these places! What I meant is becos of the 1:3 ratio that I'm willing to expose myself to this 'legal' crooks just to save me some money! Anyway I'm not here to debate on whose right of whose wrong! So like I said anyone have their own opinion, is good that there are pple like you who are so righteous and have the courage to admit fault when they do!

Whoa! Chill man! Firstly, I dun agree that his 'job scope' is to selectively pick on specific category of driver and catching drivers at those spot where it is clear that there will be a lot of drivers who will indeed commit the offense unknowingly! If they were to station at places where when an offense is committed and it's a clear cut case where drivers knowingly commit the offense then I've nothing to say. Secondly, I think you got me wrong when I say the 1:3 ratio I'm not saying that I will intentionally commit offense to get fine, if I'm that rich then i wouldn't need to risk myself going to these places! What I meant is becos of the 1:3 ratio that I'm willing to expose myself to this 'legal' crooks just to save me some money! Anyway I'm not here to debate on whose right of whose wrong! So like I said anyone have their own opinion, is good that there are pple like you who are so righteous and have the courage to admit fault when they do!

• Praise 2

Considering the MY TP Officer mentioned he's going to issue you a summons now 3 times, its almost 100% certain that he is looking for some 'Starbucks' money and you may explore some form of on-the-spot settlement arrangement.

If you do encounter such scenario in the future, perhaps some subtle ways you can explore the possibility of that arrangement is to perhaps ask 'Do you need to see my passport?' and ensure you have slotted at least "a piece of paper that's blue-green in colour" (or if you're feeling more generous, add another red piece of paper) inside.

Chances are they'll give you a "friendly warning" and ask you to be on your way.

And in the event that they question you suspiciously about the money in your passport, you can just act blur and say you just happened to keep some spare money there for emergencies. [lipsrsealed]

I've thought of it, but to me I think that bribery is a much much more serious offense as compared traveling against the flow of traffic!

I've thought of it, but to me I think that bribery is a much much more serious offense as compared traveling against the flow of traffic!

Also what if he take the money and still issue you the ticket?

Was your reluctance to give some kopi $ a matter of principle? [laugh]

Not principle lah, it's I'm a coward, dun dare to try my luck for such a accidental offense.

2 Wrongs don't make a right.....in this care 3 wrongs don't make a right

1st wrong..... Traffic infringement in foreign country

2nd wrong ..... selective targeting of SGP registered vehicle to scalp by the TP

3rd wrong ......not to pay up the fine because feeling that he has been unfairly targeted

Yep, probably I'm not as careful/observant as you. But honestly, if you were to ask me, I'm will be very honest to say that I will try my luck to take that shortcut than to make a big round. My point is, yes rules are there and we ought to follow, but clearly the feeling those enforcer gave me is that they ain't there to make sure drivers ensure that drivers follow the rules but I call that 'fishing'. I don't think that I'm the only driver who breach this rule, seriously if I wanna be a arrogant, i can ask the officer to wait and see how many motorcyclist actually turn out from that junction and make sure he issue them all with tickets, for sure his printer will run out of ink! Well, we all have our own opinion, and sometimes it might be hard for some people to accept, no offence.

Ha! Not surprising! Like I said, if they were to really 'STRICTLY' enforce. I think their magistrate will quit his/her job because there will be so many people queuing to see him/her.

I don't think we will like it if Malaysian drivers start thinking the same way to always "try their luck" and disregard our traffic rules just because some other black sheep are doing so. We are guests in another country, so why not respect their laws and settle whatever needs to be settled as we enjoy the privileged access that they have given us as visitors. 

• Praise 4

RM600 just pay and learn a lesson loh. It's like trading a massage session with happy ending for a peace of mind.. If really kena arrest at custom during revisiting and made to do squats.. Not very happy ending..

• Praise 1

RM600 just pay and learn a lesson loh. It's like trading a massage session with happy ending for a peace of mind.. If really kena arrest at custom during revisiting and made to do squats.. Not very happy ending..

Depends on the fellow and his fetish.

It could be considered a happy ending too.

Turbocharged

Count me in. Kenna exact offense some time back. It's a HOT SPOT. So those reading it better watch out when you drive over there, change ringgit, don't turn left hor, pls turn right. I paid RM150 kopi money, lucky got Malay friend with me bargain the price down. Hahahah!!

I admit I'm wrong, I knew the lane is one direction, I also know many bikes and cars commit the same act. But if I kenna caught red handed, so be it. Man up!! Don't be like primary school kids... "teacher! teacher! why you catch me never catch him?!?"

One way to avoid these pesky corrupted cops is to simply obey the rules so they have no reason to extort money from you.

In other story, one late night I have been stop on the road by Malaysian police in bullet proof vest before, just usual checking, no money was asked, after checking my identity and reason for visit they politely ask me to move along.  Highly professional. Of course the above cops weren't those stationed near the custom.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3