2017 Apple iPhone 8 & iPhone X

RadX

Thank you for reminding me why I tuned MCF out of my life. It’s filled with toxic idiots who conflate one issue with another. And dullards like you who can’t recognise sarcasm also.

You are absolutely wrong about calling X a failure for the last quarter. It was on sale only from Nov and in a quarter with only 13 weeks instead of YoY 14 weeks. From when it was on general sale, it was their top selling phone.

They moved so many in those two and half months that it increased their ASP from 710 to 796.

Calling the next quarter low also no difference. Q4 is traditionally the strong quarter for everyone - being the holiday quarter. The next quarter is always low. Besides, Apple already give guidance of 60b. Lower than Wall Street analyst who don’t have the complete picture about the inner workings of a company.

Besides... with saturated smartphone penetration and a contraction of 9% sales among ALL smartphone manufacturers... you continue to maintain a Apple Is Doomed mantra.

A broken clock can be right at least twice a day. But you? No hope for even that.

↡ Advertisement

As I mentioned previously, my call three months ago was that sales is lower than guidance or expected.

That is the objective benchmark I set. You are the only one argueing what is Low what is high. I already said you can’t compare absolute numbers because if Mac Donald’s sell sushi, they will be the largest sushi seller just because of their scale even if it is a total flop and a loss making venture.

You said Apple already guided Low this quarter right? Well I think it isn’t Low enough...

I predict the next quarter will be lower than Apple guidance. I don’t have the numbers but I think usually Apple is conservative in guidance and usually meet it so it’s unlikely I get it right again?

So what so u think? You think Apple will meet guidance next quarter? No need to argue what is high what is Low. Simple , buy big or buy small? I already took the smaller chance one as Apple mostly meets or beat guidance I think.

Edited by Wind30

As I mentioned previously, my call three months ago was that sales is lower than guidance or expected.

That is the objective benchmark I set. You are the only one argueing what is Low what is high. I already said you canât compare absolute numbers because if Mac Donaldâs sell sushi, they will be the largest sushi seller just because of their scale even if it is a total flop and a loss making venture.

You said Apple already guided Low this quarter right? Well I think it isnât Low enough...

I predict the next quarter will be lower than Apple guidance. I donât have the numbers but I think usually Apple is conservative in guidance and usually meet it so itâs unlikely I get it right again?

So what so u think? You think Apple will meet guidance next quarter? No need to argue what is high what is Low. Simple , buy big or buy small? I already took the smaller chance one as Apple mostly meets or beat guidance I think.

Whose guidance are you referring to you dumb fck?

From saying a specific model (X) is a failure to now saying they’ve missed the guidance?

Even by that shifting standard you are wrong moron.

Wall Street consensus was 87.1b for Q1 2018

Apple’s own guidance for this quarter announced in Q4 2017 was 84-87b

They announced 88.3b in revenue. Bang buster profit and margins.

• Praise 1

Anyway, this quarterly report is for quarter ending Dec 2017. The battery replacement mistake was announced late Dec. At first I thought Apple was trying to make money from services and thus trying to lock in customers but their iPhone revenue is so much higher than services....

I bet u the next quarter will also be bad. U believe me?

Only two choices, got 50% chance :)

We have thread on how much the profit margin AD make from each car sales. There are people basing on that to make their purchase decision.

How come no one buy iPhone base on apple profit margin. Discrimination against car AD against.

Saturday morning. The two of you going to stay home the whole day arguing about apple sales performance? ð

Don't will fight till there are no tomorrow..type...

After that pad pad shoulder go drink coffee...two grow up mem fighting over apple sales revenue..I really shake head..two of you go laugh it out lah...

Please drop price $1000 [inlove]

Iphone not xiaomi.

I like xiaominded anyway.

Don't will fight till there are no tomorrow..type...

After that pad pad shoulder go drink coffee...two grow up mem fighting over apple sales revenue..I really shake head..two of you go laugh it out lah...

Iphone not xiaomi.

I like xiaominded anyway.

Hopefull reduce $300 :grin:

Precisely, who cares how much Apple earn unless you have their shares.

Just drop the iPhone X price and change my iPhone 6 battery for me...haha.

Conversations are just polite arguments... other times it descends into fracas.

What I've always cared about are facts. When someone is stating something... they'd better back it with numbers. If someone is wrong and if I have an opportunity to correct or to learn myself... I will.

Sometimes when people are just bone-headed, it's best to move away from the conversation. This is what I tried to with this thread many many months back... until the prick baited me a few days ago.

I used to own a lot of Apple shares. I sold them when I needed to get a home here. The value for that home is down 10% while the shares I sold are now worth 4x more...  shit happens sometimes. I still follow the stock diligently and buy very small quantities now and then.

People buy things for many reasons... for their own reasons/requirements. With phones, people buy different brands for economic reasons or customer satisfaction or even philosophical ones.

Even with this... there's overlap. Many years ago, I knew one fella (a big property developer in the UAE) who drove a Maserati but still rocked a Nokia 33xx... his logic for getting the Nokia was that he often forgot and left his phone in a club/gaming parlour. So no point in paying for expensive phones

post-46412-0-15807800-1517656056.jpg

• Praise 2

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-some-iphone-x-users-could-not-answer-calls-screen-took-while-turn

ipxfront.jpg

Apple's most expensive iPhone model is reportedly having issues carrying out a basic function - answering calls. 

Based on the report by Financial Times and numerous feedback on Apple Communities, some iPhone X users claimed that they are unable to pick up calls immediately as the screen will take a few seconds to turn on. Apparently, this issue surfaced in December 2017 and has persisted until now.

Apple "is looking into these reports" although the company makes no mention on how widespread the issue is.

Source: Financial TimesApple Communities via Engadget

• Praise 3

haha ... mustank ... you should be SELLING not buying la ... LOL

Sold off and made some small money Liao

But now got line need to renew soon so hoping for some hehe