Your loot of the day

DACH

On 9/12/2020 at 9:05 PM, RadX said:

Hooted this and this is op top of my current XM3 that I aldy hv

awesome prdt 

B7FE0338-9918-4897-B540-DDF41DA5979E.jpeg

Moneysmart now got promo with Citibank credit cards for a free Sony wh-1000xm4.. hope I get mine by Christmas..

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

it will report to Trump for permission first [laugh]

Interesting fact. The most widely used wifi chip in these smart objects, maybe not those in alexa or home assistant directly, but everything else, is made in China and the leader of that company is singaporean. He just listed and works in China. 

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Can ask alexa to on off xiaomi light and fan. haha.

Unfortunately I don't have many RF devices in the house. A remote controlled ceiling fan would be super good to control. 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Tkseah said:

Moneysmart now got promo with Citibank credit cards for a free Sony wh-1000xm4.. hope I get mine by Christmas..

Alot of review say fake one. Haha. I mean the citibank promo. I was quite tempted to apply since I boycotted Citi a few years ago. But after read the review decide to give it a miss.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Surprisingly decent sound with strong bass and clear vocal. Only if treble a tad higher would be perfect. 

I went Ikea last week. They are blasting both this and the lamp speaker. I feel that the bass is too much. It kinda breaks at that volume. Ikea should build a small room and setup the speakers. Blasting these in an open area is not helping much. I think they will sound nicer in a smaller room with mid volume.

Seems that it's possible to pair as a stereo setup? 

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Unfortunately I don't have many RF devices in the house. A remote controlled ceiling fan would be super good to control. 

it will just a normal Bluetooth speaker if you are not going to command it to do anything [laugh]

25 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I went Ikea last week. They are blasting both this and the lamp speaker. I feel that the bass is too much. It kinda breaks at that volume. Ikea should build a small room and setup the speakers. Blasting these in an open area is not helping much. I think they will sound nicer in a smaller room with mid volume.

Must be some patrons who blasted them...i set it to low volume and it's quite enjoyable given somewhat noisy environment...

There's a setup with an armchair in one tiny corner on level 3 for more cosy sampling. The setup on level 4 has more speakers but too open to listen condusively. 

• Praise 2

12 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

it will just a normal Bluetooth speaker if you are not going to command it to do anything [laugh]

Yes. I'm basically trying it out to prepare for if I move and when I can pre plan for smart devices. 

57 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Yes. I'm basically trying it out to prepare for if I move and when I can pre plan for smart devices. 

you can start with lighting, like bedside lighting. Xiaomu yeelight bulb only $25 each, buy a few to place in different part of the house lighting. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Alot of review say fake one. Haha. I mean the citibank promo. I was quite tempted to apply since I boycotted Citi a few years ago. But after read the review decide to give it a miss.

my wife received the airpod pro from citibank promo like 4 mth ago, from an earlier promo in Mar. Then saw another similar promo in Jun asked me apply. I applied and until now still haven't received...

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

you are not hinting me for anything hor? hahahaha

56 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

you can start with lighting, like bedside lighting. Xiaomu yeelight bulb only $25 each, buy a few to place in different part of the house lighting. 

Yeah can. But not much need. That's more for fun type. My kids already have a remote night light. I don't use night light myself. My room is configured to have one downlight outside toilet on, that is my late night light.

To me most useful is to switch fans on and off via voice command. Wish I had ceiling fans to use. 

3 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Yup, can setup a pair for stereo in e sonos app.

Realised it's more for apple system as hav airplay 2 built-in, so u can direct e audio of ur hp app to speaker. But cannot be done on android (or I've not found a way yet w/o additional equipment, if anyone knows how to do it, do share w me...TIA) So being an android user, oni can link fr e sonos app + whatever music service app tat supports it (eg. Spotify)

Sound wise, its heavy on e bass side.

Also support voice service like Alexa and Android Assistant.

Edited by zipping
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3