Your loot of the day

DACH

11 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Oh and I thought all local eggs are pasteurised as if  it's a standard production process. 

hmm no. u can see photos online. the egg white will become bit whitish liao cos of the proteins responding to the short heating process.

But generally our local food, seldom have raw eggs. So it's ok. 

Making Tiramisu and  the japanese don bowls would probably the highest risk.

• Praise 2

30 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

$150 is very cheap, but what is the res for 2k ? [confused]

2560x1440 60hz refresh rate max is 75hz, 3yrs warranty, had to to increase font size to 125%

Edited by Ghgan
  • Praise 2

On 10/18/2020 at 10:12 AM, Jusnel said:

Bought these Spanish eggs from a supermarket in Tampines. 

Its v cheap. $1.60. 

Asking anyone who know if these are same quality as our local ones. 

Why so cheap? 

These eggs take aeroplane come to Singapore from Spain, and the cost is still v low. If they are same or better quality than our local / Malaysia ones,  then our local companies are ripping us off for damm long!

20201018_100715.jpg

The packaging looks familiar, if it's the same, I purchase during promo, buy 2 get 1 free. But a few of the eggs came out black after cracked. So you might want to crack them into a bowl before cooking instead of directly into whatever u are cooking. Eggs were directly put into fridge after buying so storage wasn't the issue.

1 hour ago, Mits_jc said:

The packaging looks familiar, if it's the same, I purchase during promo, buy 2 get 1 free. But a few of the eggs came out black after cracked. So you might want to crack them into a bowl before cooking instead of directly into whatever u are cooking. Eggs were directly put into fridge after buying so storage wasn't the issue.

Oh really.  Hmmmm. 

I better be careful 

15 hours ago, Lala81 said:

NTUC housebrand 10 eggs (malaysian farm) is $1.90-$2.10 currently which fluctuates from time to time. Lowest ever is $1.60 due to major oversupply.
But they are more likely to come out with the latter promotion to clear short expiry eggs, u can get 3 for the price of 2 (which hasn't happened this year due to covid, but was like at least once monthly or every 2 months for years...).
This isn't even the tray of 30 which is cheaper but i don't track prices of those.

Whether u want more premium eggs, the singapore ones, the special feeds one/omega etc etc, bigger 55gm eggs/more yolk exotic country etc etc is up to you lah. Singapore farm ones are +20 cents niah.

The ukraine eggs, spanish eggs etc etc etc. All these eggs, the egg supplier have to sell to consumers. Cos the vast majority of F&B outlets just use the malaysian eggs (unless u are talking about maybe some japanese or western restaurants who buy a more premium product). 

The hougang CKT/oyster omelette seller. U know how many eggs is stacked in front of his store? My kids counted. 1300+...
If your other country eggs are cheaper? u think he won't buy meh.

Those eggs from NTUC or SS are all smaller. 50 or 55gm. 

Now I mostly getting egg above 60gm.

19 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Those eggs from NTUC or SS are all smaller. 50 or 55gm. 

Now I mostly getting egg above 60gm.

I don't really need bigger eggs. Just use more lor lol.

Ntuc brand eggs now is $1.70. 

21 hours ago, Neutrino said:

I once bought a dozen eggs from Tesco when on holiday in UK.

Every one was a double yolk, every one of the 12.

Do I win a prize?

Yeah, double cholesterol?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3