Your loot of the day

DACH

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

haha that's too cheap to believe... Even no matter how flash sale.

Taobao currently this card is 549 yuan....

Ya. I once bought a 128 gb @ 12 bucks. Cannot copy more than 40gb. Realise it's a fake when compared to a original. Pos. The seller went MIA.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

Ya. I once bought a 128 gb @ 12 bucks. Cannot copy more than 40gb. Realise it's a fake when compared to a original. Pos. The seller went MIA.

yup.

For example, as i mentioned in the 11-11 thread, i bought a 128gb class 10 sandisk microSD in SG for $21 during 11.11 on discount. it's usually 24 dollars.
A 512gb class U3 card is easily 100 sgd and more. Even in the USA.

The flash storage industry is quite competitive. So while prices do fall over time, have to realize what is realistic. The sweet spot is still around 128 gb for now, cos the 256 gb and above are still quite costly on a per GB basis.

• Praise 2

24 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

yup.

For example, as i mentioned in the 11-11 thread, i bought a 128gb class 10 sandisk microSD in SG for $21 during 11.11 on discount. it's usually 24 dollars.
A 512gb class U3 card is easily 100 sgd and more. Even in the USA.

The flash storage industry is quite competitive. So while prices do fall over time, have to realize what is realistic. The sweet spot is still around 128 gb for now, cos the 256 gb and above are still quite costly on a per GB basis.

Agree. 128gb now is the best in terms of dollars/GB. This is good enough for all my DAPs and cameras. 256 prices are not worth it. For external HDD, 4TB is now the sweet spot. Prices are more or less standard across the board even with sales on. Prices that are too good to be true, it probably is.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

Yes. A lot of fake flash drive online. Better buy from reputable sources. 

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, Neopcn07 said:

S$15...including shipping cost from China.

20201112_142119[1].jpg

Copied files from laptop to card and then insert into phone. But can not read by my Samsung phone. It said need formatting.

Did the formatting, but hang in the process.

50 minutes ago, Neopcn07 said:

Copied files from laptop to card and then insert into phone. But can not read by my Samsung phone. It said need formatting.

Did the formatting, but hang in the process.

Which Samsung phone are you using? Not all phone can support 512GB.

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

Many cheap SD card from cina. Many fakes too. 

I know it cos I bought them only to throw away later. 

Not surprising. 

My friends helper wanted to buy some very cheap tablet for her kids to do e learning back in Philippines. So I looked through for my friend  the two Lazada PH links he sent me. This is for the sub 100 sgd category. 

There were two tablets. One significantly better than the other and only ten sgd apart. I couldn't understand why one so much superior in specs. Both sold quite a lot.

Then I read the various reviews... So the one with the better specs has fake specs when u use the os to query the specs. U have to use 3rd party apps to check the actual specs. 

After some searching on aliexpress. It seems like this fake specs issue is rampant in the around less than 200 dollar sgd category. Even among the top sellers. 

The tablets do work for the most part. But really outdated android os and the fake specs as above. 

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 2

44 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Not surprising. 

My friends helper wanted to buy some very cheap tablet for her kids to do e learning back in Philippines. So I looked through for my friend  the two Lazada PH links he sent me. This is for the sub 100 sgd category. 

There were two tablets. One significantly better than the other and only ten sgd apart. I couldn't understand why one so much superior in specs. Both sold quite a lot.

Then I read the various reviews... So the one with the better specs has fake specs when u use the os to query the specs. U have to use 3rd party apps to check the actual specs. 

After some searching on aliexpress. It seems like this fake specs issue is rampant in the around less than 200 dollar sgd category. Even among the top sellers. 

The tablets do work for the most part. But really outdated android os and the fake specs as above. 

That's why for electronics stuffs, it is always better to do research before paying the cart. The price is more or less similar for the big brands. Then there are those older models  refurbished sets. So it's better to do some homework. But this is not as easy for the less tech savvy consumers. 

A few years ago I bought a new old stock ipad mini 2 for 200 bucks. I think it's quite worth it.

• Praise 3

11 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

That's why for electronics stuffs, it is always better to do research before paying the cart. The price is more or less similar for the big brands. Then there are those older models  refurbished sets. So it's better to do some homework. But this is not as easy for the less tech savvy consumers. 

A few years ago I bought a new old stock ipad mini 2 for 200 bucks. I think it's quite worth it.

yeah. Actually the Samsung galaxy Tab A is quite reasonable for it's price for just below/around 200 dollars.
But for the helper, too much of a price jump. And she wants something that's available to be just directly shipped to her family back in PH.

On 11/4/2020 at 10:14 PM, Jman888 said:

saw the deal few months ago and read the review, many still prefer the sound from Google home, which I already have one as pet (white elephant) [laugh]

20201104_220936_compress46.jpg

Actually now work from home, plenty of opportunities to play classical music or oldies at a soft level to drive boredom away 

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

https://www.eurohomedirect.com/landing-page-bosch/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAnb79BRDgARIsAOVbhRqdq-10RpfTZAjKmPuSu5r9u6pPTNTl75mvSXWH6cKmg2Q9cL2wNVwaAnuMEALw_wcB

this seems legit. @ 40% off , worth going to the stall to check it out

↡ Advertisement