Your loot of the day

DACH

4 hours ago, Tianmo said:

They have to cut the false ceiling,  fix the fan to the concrete ceiling,  and get the false ceiling guys to come and cover up the hole and paint back. A lot more work.  Check if your fans have the long rod,  otherwise you need to ask from the seller, and tell them is for false ceiling,  otherwise later no wind.  

I believe the wirings and pipings are all hidden,  so If possible go to the management office and see if you can get the drawings for the unit's electrical and pumping layouts.  Or check if your ID have them,  my contractor told me they quite worry when they have to drill condo walls....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

One way in future is to attach a hard point

eg wood or metal bracket that fixes to the ceiling

then identify and make this the point the attachment point for fans

i made my contractor reinforce the metal bracket so the fan rod is actually screwed into the ceiling via the bracket sunken within the false ceiling 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Last week the contractor shut down power to connect the solar panel. When power was restored, my router konked out. Got a replacement as below.

IMG_20210908_142502.jpg

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Sony one is alot out of my budget. Not really a audiophile, so I am hesistant to spend too much. I think I should stop liao, already spend about $70 on these 3s. It all started a few months ago when I got the Taotronics. Pretty satfisfied with it, everything, sound , call, battery. But then the next deal came along with edifier and Fiil. should have just stopped at $16..😁 

Yes, respect. Everyone have their own way of spending and way of living. At certain point, the price to pay for cannot be make out with the difference to the ear. Looks also is another factor. My Chairman's son also talks to me and he also says he make do with a $15 earbuds. 

• Praise 1

38 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Last week the contractor shut down power to connect the solar panel. When power was restored, my router konked out. Got a replacement as below.

IMG_20210908_142502.jpg

I had this in my room before upgrading. Stable. 

• Praise 1

58 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

IMG_20210908_142502.jpg

You hoot solar panel then subscribe wholesale electricity rate Ah :grin:

when rates Cheong, you sell at Cheonged rate

then rate go down, charged house battery elect cat battery :XD:

• Haha! 2

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

These fans are in the dining/living room area. So aesthetics important to me.

Delgala looks ok if you don't want a light. Similar to the acorn intaglio DC-159. Same design.
Fanco fans are cheap. Reviews are luck based. If they work, they last very long, If they don't they are pretty crappy, can die like multiple times over several years. Capacitor issues usually. Think my MIL's room fan is a fanco. 2 years up lorry?.

The previous owner had 5 ceiling fans of which 3 are acorns. About 5 years old. the acorns are ugly but i just keep them since already installed. Still going strong. Acorn reliability I think is better than average compared to Fanco etc.

Basically any DC fan that isn't a Haiku or Spin, may have issues. Of which i only know Haiku has excellent reliability but also excellent price.

Below 40 inch not many choices. I was considering the Efenz fans one which is more expensive than this.

I bought a kdk dc ceiling fan and installed it in my living room. Absolutely silent while rotating, a ninja makes more noise than it. Sadly, colours are pretty limited. Mine is black. [laugh]

• Haha! 2

21 minutes ago, Mason016 said:

I bought a kdk dc ceiling fan and installed it in my living room. Absolutely silent while rotating, a ninja makes more noise than it. Sadly, colours are pretty limited. Mine is black. [laugh]

KDK DC fans are not as reliable as their old AC fans. Though in general still average reliability.
And they tend to have circuit board issues after a few years. The people on HWZ, some self repair. 

Like @Kxbc shared with his ones, the hugger designs tend to have some rattling of the motor case. Though he's the only one i know. But he has several of them, so maybe a design flaw.

I don't like their designs. Old school or traditional. Especially their smaller fans.
And the smallest KDK fan should be 44". So i never considered. Their kaze 56" looks pretty ok.

Aesthetics wise.

Haikus are always classic. 
Aeratron FR3 is damn chioh but u need to buy from JB under Tampoi for a more reasonable pricing. The local distro makes it quite expensive.
Efenz fans, the Dutch Cocoa limited edition fans are good looking.
PO Eco fans (the hugger models) are quite nice as well and come with Wifi control. Local company. But reliability unknown.
Trying these alaskafans which are pretty good looking as well for the price. The Aspen or Fern series.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Fanco fans are cheap. Reviews are luck based. If they work, they last very long, If they don't they are pretty crappy, can die like multiple times over several years. Capacitor issues usually. Think my MIL's room fan is a fanco. 2 years up lorry?.

My 2 Fanco fans in 2 of my bedrooms have been working perfectly for 3 months shy of 12 years already! And the KDK fan in living room even more geelat, over 15 years already! Easy to guess what brands I will be replacing them with subsequently if the companies still around haha.

And all the fans have been well used, turned on for many hours everyday.

Edited by Heartlander
added last paragraph
  • Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

My 2 Fanco fans in 2 of my bedrooms have been working perfectly for 3 months shy of 12 years already! And the KDK fan in living room even more geelat, over 15 years already! Easy to guess what brands I will be replacing them with subsequently if the companies still around haha.

And all the fans have been well used, turned on for many hours everyday.

These are AC fans or DC?
Use wall regulator Or remote?

If u want AC fans, KDK is the best. But virtually all brands like Fanco/Elmark makes decent AC fans.

If u have a high Ceiling like in landed, and industrial theme, then having AC fans may look ok. 
But the design element for such fans is extremely limited. Virtually 90% of all fan designs nowdays are for DC ceiling fans.

my new place the ceiling height is more akin to HDB. Not 2.9m and above. 

Edited by Lala81

8 hours ago, Kb27 said:

I decide to bite the bullet and get this Jabra, since it's heavily discounted. Looks like last piece though.

https://www.amazon.sg/dp/B079L9WYP7?smid=ACT6OAM3OSC9S

Why you didn't get the newer Elite 75T? The older 65T have much shorter battery life and some have connective issues, while the newer 85T has very good ANC but price significantly higher than 75T.

kI0cIJv.jpg

This is the current price of 75T. If you check out online (Amazon, Shopee, Lazada or even Carousell), BNIB set can be had for ~$150+/-.

8 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

@Carbon82 how much? my old HP Laptop also died for the keyboard. But as its use for surfing, not going to repair it. Have used the USB key board at this time, but the wireless/bluetooth option seems quite nice.

I bought it online (carousell - from an uni student) @$35 (BNIB). Many stores selling at $45 - $49, and a few on carousell asking ~$40+/-.

So far so good for me. For such inexpensive stuff, as long as cash on delivery / collection, no risk of kena scam when buying online. :D

• Praise 6

7 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Why you didn't get the newer Elite 75T? The older 65T have much shorter battery life and some have connective issues, while the newer 85T has very good ANC but price significantly higher than 75T.

kI0cIJv.jpg

This is the current price of 75T. If you check out online (Amazon, Shopee, Lazada or even Carousell), BNIB set can be had for ~$150+/-.

I bought it online (carousell - from an uni student) @$35 (BNIB). Many stores selling at $45 - $49, and a few on carousell asking ~$40+/-.

So far so good for me. For such inexpensive stuff, as long as cash on delivery / collection, no risk of kena scam when buying online. :D

I quite like the Sony WF1000XM3 at a clearance price of $172 but tonight may slash more .. but the new model XM4 looks good. but the price at 379 is quite steep.

• Praise 1

42 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

I quite like the Sony WF1000XM3 at a clearance price of $172 but tonight may slash more .. but the new model XM4 looks good. but the price at 379 is quite steep.

Yah, the Sony xm3 clearance price quite attractive and is good buy if need ANC.  If no need ANC, the Sennheiser CX 400BT now clearing at $135 is very nice for music..

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

These are AC fans or DC?
Use wall regulator Or remote?

If u want AC fans, KDK is the best. But virtually all brands like Fanco/Elmark makes decent AC fans.

If u have a high Ceiling like in landed, and industrial theme, then having AC fans may look ok. 
But the design element for such fans is extremely limited. Virtually 90% of all fan designs nowdays are for DC ceiling fans.

my new place the ceiling height is more akin to HDB. Not 2.9m and above. 

I did not go check but almost certainly is AC fan lah, so many years ago haha. I look the motor casings fat fat also.

Actually only today then I know got dc fans in the market. Really 长知识了。

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

8 hours ago, Fitvip said:

IMG_20210908_142502.jpg

Solar? No need to pay for electricity anymore! Can buy EV next. 

How many kW is your system? What's the investments like nowadays? 

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Maybe he's referring to hdb block installing solar panels on the roof. 

• Haha! 2

10 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

I had the impression that solar for Singapore being at the equator had limitations n not cost effective?

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2