Your loot of the day

DACH

14 hours ago, Jman888 said:

exactly, heard when they go HK those used vinyl shops can close for few months to restock [sweatdrop]

too bad I enter into this hobby late, but I mostly buy from HK, Taiwan and Malaysia, some from carousell here. I enjoy collecting and playing the old songs. One thing good from listening to vinyl is those songs were related to my growing up stage, every time I play them brings back many memories [laugh]

You can still spot a few pieces here and there of local Chinese artistes at rag-and-bone/antique shops in heartlands. Condition will be average to poor. 

Even our local English artists LP are very hard to find, and the master tapes long gone or mould infested to make reissues. I have been trying to get Western Union Band, Class Acts 1 LP. Quest, Saloma, P Ramlee EPs are so rare.   

↡ Advertisement

3 hours ago, Adrianli said:

10/10 just over, Lazarda already advertising 11/11 with a Korean boy band on TV today.:XD:

Better than last year’s “ 11,11 ooh ahh” 

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Adrianli said:

10/10 just over, Lazarda already advertising 11/11 with a Korean boy band on TV today.:XD:

they burn cash faster than my parents burn joss paper leh. hahahah. 🤣

• Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

@Mustank Looks good ! The price is low and has elevation somemore, but i need something at least 140cm wide.  Thanks mate !

If you got existing good table top, can get the installer to use the old wood. Then new wood fix on old leg 

if no need another table, can give the new table with old leg to some other guy

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
20 minutes ago, Ingenius said:

Anyone bought a good value solid wood work desk, can recommend ?  are those elevatable desk good or waste of money ? 

I think is a gimmick. making you very chic that you can stand and work. 700 plus onwards for omni desk leh. a bit ex.

https://www.ikea.com/sg/en/p/anfallare-table-top-bamboo-80465142/

The find 4 legs gaodim le.

• Praise 1

46 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think is a gimmick. making you very chic that you can stand and work. 700 plus onwards for omni desk leh. a bit ex.

https://www.ikea.com/sg/en/p/anfallare-table-top-bamboo-80465142/

The find 4 legs gaodim le.

I used to also think being able to elevate and stand is quite useless. But recently I read that if a person sits for 11 hours a day every day, statistically he will have a 30% chance of dying in the next three years, frightens me. So the idea of standing for a while is also good. 

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
Just now, Ingenius said:

I used to also think being able to elevate and stand is quite useless. But recently I read that if a person sits for 11 hours a day, statistically he will have a 30% chance of dying in the next three years, frightens me. So the idea of standing for a while is also good. 

Good to be mindful of your health. but the medicine is not standing table lah. If you are really worried, go for a walk after work, join a gym, lift some weight. I am sure you will not be sitting down inside a gym.

I think is good to have for a standing desk, but given my cheapo characteristic, I won't get myself one unless it is free. hahahah.

• Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
Just now, Hamburger said:

A good dining table is a good work desk. 

Works for me for decades. 

I wanna recommend mahjong table one. haha.

Can earn some money also. Dining table cannot earn money one.

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I wanna recommend mahjong table one. haha.

Can earn some money also. Dining table cannot earn money one.

you play mahjong sure win one?  must be a 老千 [laugh]

• Haha! 5

Internal Moderator
14 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

you play mahjong sure win one?  must be a 老千 [laugh]

no leh. I always lose money one.

Bu then let say @Ingenius have a wife and a daughter, he just invites one friend over for mahjong, the possibility of winnings increased to 75%. That is the perks of a family. unity is power!

I always kenna cheated one ah. don't ask me go your house play ah. haha.

10 cents, 20 cents still can. hahaha. 1 dollar 2 dollar, don't want. Later my next week pocket money kenna given away.

• Haha! 2

15 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Bu then let say @Ingenius have a wife and a daughter, he just invites one friend over for mahjong, the possibility of winnings increased to 75%. That is the perks of a family. unity is power!

10 cents, 20 cents still can. hahaha. 1 dollar 2 dollar, don't want. Later my next week pocket money kenna given away.

hustler always talk exactly like what you said, 放小鱼,钓大鱼。

• Haha! 6

19 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

@kobayashiGT, You should play mahjong with me if you are single and available. I play small small with two single wonderful ladies. They love to play mahjong. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2