Your loot of the day

DACH

7 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

did your wife question at your action? taking a stopwatch to track boiling point. 😂

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47wimfb07wgbkclllecp

No need to use stopwatch lo, hp got stopwatch liao. So no one would discover i am tracking boiling point. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

On 2/8/2022 at 9:40 PM, Carbon82 said:

Cheap loot from Lazada. ~$25 including delivery to doorstep, after utilising discount vouchers during 2.2 sales.

Japan Home, SS, Giant, etc. are selling exactly the same thing at $33 - $39!

jnhtWlT.jpg

uDyglX5.jpg

RaxrKUV.jpg

This is indeed a good price. Had been eyeing a glass electric kettle for some, more for aesthetic reasons than anything else.
Is the kettle noisy, when the water start boiling?
Had owned cheap and more expensive electric kettles before. Noted that some are more noisy than others, when the water begin to boil. Could be due to the heating element, the shape of the pot, the steam vent.....I don't know.

Internal Moderator
43 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No need to use stopwatch lo, hp got stopwatch liao. So no one would discover i am tracking boiling point. 😂

hahaha. Okok. Stealth. stealth. hahaha

• Haha! 1

Got this brand new Elite 85t with wireless charging case @$170 after selling my 3 months old Elite Active 75t at $170! (that set was a lemon and I sold it after getting BNIB set through 1 to 1 exchange).

z29WBoh.jpg

03qFCUb.jpg

qWNi6LR.jpg

ZXctiB0.jpg

The sound is more powerful than Elite 75t (thanks to the larger 12mm driver) but bass remain largely the same, which is already quite good imo. Hope it can remain trouble-free for the next 2 years. 

• Praise 14

On 2/9/2022 at 9:40 PM, therock said:

My benchmark is my Kenwood Kmix kettle. 2min for 1.7l...

But it's 3000W and no longer in production.

I've never seen another 3000W kettle..

I bought a basic Chinese one, and it took almost 8min to boil 2.5l!

3000W is quite high power for an electric kettle. It heat up and boil faster but energy consumption is also higher (just like fast car has poor FC). 

Mine is rated 1850W to 2200W, and not too noisy as compared to those higher wattage unit.

On 2/9/2022 at 10:01 PM, 13177 said:

I remember this Morries kettle cost above $35+ which i still find ex. If it cost around $30, then is cheap. Lol. I would go back to the store to look see look see again if there is any promo? 😂

Nah, good thing must share. $29.90 before applying voucher. 

https://shopee.sg/Morries-1.7L-Glass-Kettle-MS-2020GK-Premium-i.159241151.2393484825?sp_atk=95aa97bd-4c69-4ff0-a3ae-e09490fb9f63

On 2/9/2022 at 10:08 PM, Adrianli said:

I am using Cornell's double wall stainless steel kettle. No need scare of scalding the hand when touch the kettle wall bare hands.

https://s.lazada.sg/s.0Y6Hn

Screenshot_20220209-220708_Lazada.thumb.jpg.2287142e2571698e2737196a35ef6817.jpg

We have not been using S/S kettle for the past 10 years as wife is very sensitive to the metallic smell emitted when the water is boiled.

I was also looking at this one but wife rejected my proposal... 

On 2/9/2022 at 11:18 PM, therock said:

So what's the 0-100 (degrees) timing ? 

Friend, I can tell that you are not good in physic and even geography, how can we have 0°C water in Singapore? :D:D

Should be 25 or 30 to 100 lah... 

On 2/11/2022 at 4:43 PM, Flying_genie said:

This is indeed a good price. Had been eyeing a glass electric kettle for some, more for aesthetic reasons than anything else.
Is the kettle noisy, when the water start boiling?
Had owned cheap and more expensive electric kettles before. Noted that some are more noisy than others, when the water begin to boil. Could be due to the heating element, the shape of the pot, the steam vent.....I don't know.

From my experience and a little knowledge in science, the noise level is largely dependent on the rate of boil (which is related to max power of the heating element). 

Those low noise type are typically 1500W there about, which take >5 min to boil 1.5L of water at room temperature.

Of the various glass kettle I have owned, I still love the first EuropAce unit I had. It is not the cheapest nor quietest but is light, lasting and have very good seal at the lid (which prevent water from sipping through at the top).

europace-ekj-817q-3000w-rapid-boiling-gl

My new Morris unit so far so good except the seal part (will have water sipping though occasionally), but not the worst I have encountered. 一分钱一分货。🙂

• Praise 10

21 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

We have not been using S/S kettle for the past 10 years as wife is very sensitive to the metallic smell emitted when the water is boiled.

I was also looking at this one but wife rejected my proposal... 

I'm using an old Elba S/S kettle. I'm not aware of the metallic taste as some seems to have. Maybe I'm using filtered water.

The Morris will be a good replacement if my current one dies. But electric kettle seems to have a long life. They never seems to breakdown.

Nice, but I can't use glass la... I'm afraid it will break..

I have a Philips HD 9329 on standby for the day my Kmix dies... it isn't so so powerful, I can't find another Kmix anymore..

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
7 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Going for star wars?:XD:

Yah. of cuz! hahaha. even mando have the dark sabre now.

9b28f00e1ba13efd879f5a7eace1522a.jpg&f=1

No need to be a jedi to own a lightsabre le.

Get yours now! 😂

• Haha! 2

Anybody here uses an external laptop power bank?

I'm thinking of buying 1 but not sure which is good. Plenty of 65W but not sure if they work charging a laptop.

I'm open to recommendations, TIA :grin:

6 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Anybody here uses an external laptop power bank?

I'm thinking of buying 1 but not sure which is good. Plenty of 65W but not sure if they work charging a laptop.

I'm open to recommendations, TIA :grin:

I have a 72. It can power MacBook Pro like 1 hour.

57 minutes ago, Sadan said:

@Windwaver 

I using this for my MacBook. Got it after doing some research last year. Haha 

Built quality is good for the amount paid. You can take a look. Flash deal for it on Lazada tomorrow 12pm. 

https://s.lazada.sg/s.01tiQ

AA1CEAFC-CAAC-44CE-845F-2EB85F3D6FD4.png

Looks good, can power up a laptop using USB-C PD port? You tried USB-C PD to barrel dc adapter for those laptop without USB-C PD port?

10 hours ago, Windwaver said:

Link to the power bank?

That power bank has 1 usb-c and 2 usb.

Unfortunately, Anker don't sell that model anymore.

↡ Advertisement