Your loot of the day

DACH

On 3/17/2023 at 2:12 PM, therock said:

You take the fit for the first blind date... if the girl likes you in an old COE car, that's good.. but ditch that gigantic spoiler...

Good idea, it's a good test. Aiya lazy to remove, leaving the car as it is, 4 months nia. Just sent it for grooming and interior fumigation to get rid of the cigarette smell 

↡ Advertisement

On 3/17/2023 at 2:15 PM, SiLangKia said:

Good idea, it's a good test. Aiya lazy to remove, leaving the car as it is, 4 months nia. Just sent it for grooming and interior fumigation to get rid of the cigarette smell 

Either you must be some car expert or luck must be very good buying a car left 4 months. How you know the car no problem during this 4 months? 😅

• Dislike 1

On 3/17/2023 at 2:22 PM, 13177 said:

Either you must be some car expert or luck must be very good buying a car left 4 months. How you know the car no problem during this 4 months? 😅

you open mouth can don't so suay not, sometimes just wanna slap you  😂

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 14

On 3/17/2023 at 2:12 PM, therock said:

You take the fit for the first blind date... if the girl likes you in an old COE car, that's good.. but ditch that gigantic spoiler...

That spoiler is not gigantic lah! But I'll prefer without it too!

• Haha! 1

On 3/18/2023 at 11:27 AM, Fitvip said:

That spoiler is not gigantic lah! But I'll prefer without it too!

That spoiler can be used to peng satay .... 

• Haha! 3

Get this brand new looking set last weekend from Carousell at less than 40% of the retail price. Tested and work like a charm, a perfect communication tool for my calls with HQ. 

ZH8qIYy.jpg

voJhp8T.jpg

rWPYlFU.jpg

• Praise 16

Supersonic

My Creative Stage V2 seems rather soft. I max the volume and still hardly hear dialog. It's connected to my Xiaomi tv. I thought the tv problem with limited audio.

I almost bought Creative Stage 360, bcuz got Dolby Atmos. But maybe it'll have the same audio problem, as I'm hearing impaired.

So I decided to buy Polk audio S2. It has always being my favourite brand for loudspeakers since many years ago. And man..it is loud, compared to Stage V2. [laugh]

I played Youtube Eagles Hotel California from the Xiaomi tv, and wow, the guitar playing was so clear and vivid, that I've never heard before.

POL-AM6215.jpg 

• Praise 11

On 3/23/2023 at 1:54 PM, Kb27 said:

My Creative Stage V2 seems rather soft. I max the volume and still hardly hear dialog. It's connected to my Xiaomi tv. I thought the tv problem with limited audio.

I almost bought Creative Stage 360, bcuz got Dolby Atmos. But maybe it'll have the same audio problem, as I'm hearing impaired.

So I decided to buy Polk audio S2. It has always being my favourite brand for loudspeakers since many years ago. And man..it is loud, compared to Stage V2. [laugh]

I played Youtube Eagles Hotel California from the Xiaomi tv, and wow, the guitar playing was so clear and vivid, that I've never heard before.

POL-AM6215.jpg 

How much?

On 3/18/2023 at 8:33 PM, Carbon82 said:

Get this brand new looking set last weekend from Carousell at less than 40% of the retail price. Tested and work like a charm, a perfect communication tool for my calls with HQ. 

ZH8qIYy.jpg

voJhp8T.jpg

rWPYlFU.jpg

bad decision.. no more excused to drop from call because cant hear ....LOL

• Haha! 4

On 3/17/2023 at 2:09 PM, SiLangKia said:

no hassle at all leh, erm my GTI i got it in june at 84k, now 108k liao, so thought that i'd give it a rest these few months, just drive it once or twice a week

HAHAHAHA don't expose my OMGGGG but ya planning something around June/ early July, likely to drop in the IS38 hybrid turbo

err.. no garret for U ? they have pretty good one that fits perfectly.. 

108K would be 2015 2016 GTi?

POL-AM6215.jpg 

I don't find much problem with dialogue. When I switch it on. It's usually at volume 12. Then I usually increase it up to 14-16 for normal viewing. But maybe cos it's a bedroom easier to reflect sound. 

But I agree it's quite a basic soundbar. 

POL-AM6215.jpg 

It all depends on how the sound processing is done

this model doesn’t have a Centre speaker. It’s a 2.1

so the left and right speaker have to work to centralize and enhance dialogue over effects 

on higher models you can engage a dialogue enhancement mode 

or get a proper 3.1 or 5.1 model..

Supersonic
On 3/23/2023 at 4:52 PM, Lala81 said:

I don't find much problem with dialogue. When I switch it on. It's usually at volume 12. Then I usually increase it up to 14-16 for normal viewing. But maybe cos it's a bedroom easier to reflect sound. 

But I agree it's quite a basic soundbar. 

It might be the source from disney+ and also Netflix (esp. at 5.1, need to set to normal audio). I would raise the V2 vol to max at 35, and still barely hear the dialog, which was already set to DL. This was in a MBR. Yeah, it's a basic soundbar. I was hoping, just to enjoy a simple movie. But when the music/loud sound comes, it would be too loud at 35. So, very difficult to keep adjusting the volume. But the V2 is cheap, half the price compared to Polk, which is the price around Stage 360.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 3/23/2023 at 5:05 PM, therock said:

It all depends on how the sound processing is done

this model doesn’t have a Centre speaker. It’s a 2.1

so the left and right speaker have to work to centralize and enhance dialogue over effects 

on higher models you can engage a dialogue enhancement mode 

or get a proper 3.1 or 5.1 model..

Polk Signa S2 does dolby 5.1 decoding. Perhaps that's why dialog is so clear. V2 doesn't. 

I only watch streaming video-on-demand, when free. Don't have time to watch the local channels. 😁

On 3/23/2023 at 9:08 PM, Kb27 said:

Polk Signa S2 does dolby 5.1 decoding. Perhaps that's why dialog is so clear. V2 doesn't. 

I only watch streaming video-on-demand, when free. Don't have time to watch the local channels. 😁

Yes it does, but it's not the decoding that is the reason. Your S2 has a dialogue enhancement function. That's the key.. 

My Sony A9 uses 4 speakers, so there is also a phantom centre. Which is unlike my Denon Heos or Sony A7000. These are traditional soundbars and are higher end so they have a dedicated centre channel speaker, which is vital for the kind of fixation of voices to the centre.

Come by one day, I let you listen to my soundbars.. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1