4th generation Suzuki Jimny coming in 2018.

DACH

Announced in Japan yesterday.

001_o.jpg

001_o.jpg

009_o.jpg

006_o.jpg

007_o.jpg

005_o.jpg

Jimny (658cc Turbo / 64ps horsepower / 96Nm torque)

011_o.jpg

012_o.jpg

019_o.jpg

023_o.jpg

026_o.jpg

029_o.jpg

047_o.jpg

031_o.jpg

041_o.jpg

042_o.jpg

028_o.jpg

034_o.jpg

052_o.jpg

058_o.jpg

060_o.jpg

061_o.jpg

062_o.jpg

008_o.jpg

Jimny Sierra (1,460cc NA / 102ps horsepower / 130Nm torque)

071_o.jpg

072_o.jpg

099_o.jpg

102_o.jpg

103_o.jpg

009_o.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

Hypersonic
(edited)

From ST:

NEW JIMNY COMING

Ever since the first Jimny made its debut in April 1970, it has had a strong cult following. The latest generation of the 4x4 subcompact SUV (above) is slated to land in Singapore next month. To be powered by a 1-litre turbocharged engine, the boxy icon is expected to be priced at around $80,000. Small and lightweight, the Jimny incorporates essentials for serious off-roading such as a ladder frame construction, three-link rigid axle suspension with coil spring and part-time 4WD with low-range transfer gear.

Don’t know where the 1L TC engine come from also. Maybe ST produce one?

Edited by Fcw75

Twincharged

From ST:

NEW JIMNY COMING

Ever since the first Jimny made its debut in April 1970, it has had a strong cult following. The latest generation of the 4x4 subcompact SUV (above) is slated to land in Singapore next month. To be powered by a 1-litre turbocharged engine, the boxy icon is expected to be priced at around $80,000. Small and lightweight, the Jimny incorporates essentials for serious off-roading such as a ladder frame construction, three-link rigid axle suspension with coil spring and part-time 4WD with low-range transfer gear.

Donât know where the 1L TC engine come from also. Maybe ST produce one?

Got 1.0 turbo it seems.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2018-suzuki-jimny-finally-revealed-engines-range-from-066-to-15-liters-126437.html

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

From ST:

NEW JIMNY COMING

Yes there is a 1.0 turbo version. Same engine as the new swift.

Why they can quickly bring this model but take forever to bring in the Swift Sport???

I suspect the report is not accurate. The Jimny is not globally released yet. CM Cannot be suddenly so garang.

Edited by Pocus

Supersonic

Yes there is a 1.0 turbo version. Same engine as the new swift.

Why they can quickly bring this model but take forever to bring in the Swift Sport???

I suspect the report is not accurate. The Jimny is not globally released yet. CM Cannot be suddenly so garang.

Maybe PI bring in first?

(edited)

I email an enquiry to champion motors sg, the SE told me 1liter turbo also, I ask him Suzuki jp launching 660cc and 1.5, he say either 1 liter turbo or 1.5liter ,and only bringing auto version,no manual leh....this type of car only manual more fun , oh ya he also mention its only out in sg next year 2nd quarter....best of all I emailed twice, another SE told me this year end coming .....lol duno who to believe

not accurate leh..... according to jp Suzuki it supposed to be 4speed auto and 5 speed manual.....not the other way round Edited by Lomfy
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

I email an enquiry to champion motors sg, the SE told me 1liter turbo also, I ask him Suzuki jp launching 660cc and 1.5, he say either 1 liter turbo or 1.5liter ,and only bringing auto version,no manual leh....this type of car only manual more fun , oh ya he also mention its only out in sg next year 2nd quarter....best of all I emailed twice, another SE told me this year end coming .....lol duno who to believe

not accurate leh..... according to jp Suzuki it supposed to be 4speed auto and 5 speed manual.....not the other way round

Anyway Suzuki sold in sg has come from hungary for the vitara beside from Japan. Ciaz was from Thailand I think. So doesn’t mean Suzuki jp doesn’t have the model, we won’t have it here.

Good. I can wait.

not accurate leh..... according to jp Suzuki it supposed to be 4speed auto and 5 speed manual.....not the other way round

Anyway Suzuki sold in sg has come from hungary for the vitara beside from Japan. Ciaz was from Thailand I think. So doesn’t mean Suzuki jp doesn’t have the model, we won’t have it here.

yeah hope so too....but i the 1.5 version highest end model is the best...anyway they did tell me the vitara 1.4 turbo version will be out next year too

Supersonic

yeah hope so too....but i the 1.5 version highest end model is the best...anyway they did tell me the vitara 1.4 turbo version will be out next year too

Ignis?

Twincharged

2018 champion motors salesman really eat grass!

Turbocharged
(edited)

From ST:

NEW JIMNY COMING

I think I solved the mystery.

The journalist confirmed mistook the release of the new Swift in Aug 2018 as the Jimny.

The Swift is 1.0tc 5AT. there's no 1.0tc Jimny.

Now Swift soft launch in CM showroom but the big bang launch is in Aug. Price is around the stated 80k in ST.

Edited by Pocus

Supersonic

2018 champion motors salesman really eat grass!

The new Swift is launching soon. 

Hypersonic

I think I solved the mystery.

The journalist confirmed mistook the release of the new Swift in Aug 2018 as the Jimny.

The Swift is 1.0tc 5AT. there's no 1.0tc Jimny.

Now Swift soft launch in CM showroom but the big bang launch is in Aug. Price is around the stated 80k in ST.

Have to ask our favourite journalist Christopher Tan

post-1829-0-66962500-1531589729_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement