4th generation Suzuki Jimny coming in 2018.

DACH

By having transfer case, Jimny is a work horse rather than city driving SUV.

The aesthetics aspect reflects mechanical aspects.

Yes it’s a workhorse but the design can be better. It doesn’t mean that it should be barebone.

I feel if jimny interior is that of hustler, it would look out of place.

The rugged interior design sings well with the exterior.

I beg to differ. The rugged interior is ok but it can be better in terms of quality.
↡ Advertisement

Yes it’s a workhorse but the design can be better. It doesn’t mean that it should be barebone.

The design is not that barebone le.

It is more of utilitarian.

Hope CM will bring in the manual transmission :a-good:

can always request to indent. We know SG buyers love their automatics, manual cars are almost extinct !!  [laugh]

Ok ok anyway I am talking about quality from the start.

I don't think it is lack in quality.

Rather, it is conscious choice to use hard plastic to last longer.

Mind you, it is still a work horse rather than lifestyle car.

• Praise 2

(edited)

No point in using the touchscreen display in the center console for work horse vehicles then.

Standard basic functions with knobs and buttons suffice for such vehicles. Last longer too.

I feels it’s lacking interior wise with the modern, attractive outlook, colors scheme.

Maybe I do have some expectations with aesthetics of products.

I don't think it is lack in quality.

Rather, it is conscious choice to use hard plastic to last longer.

Mind you, it is still a work horse rather than lifestyle car.

Edited by Discoburg
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

can always request to indent. We know SG buyers love their automatics, manual cars are almost extinct !!  [laugh]

CM bring in manual then people complained why no auto.  :we-all-gonna-die:

Supersonic

No point in using the touchscreen display in the center console for work horse vehicles then.

Standard basic functions with knobs and buttons suffice for such vehicles. Last longer too.

I feels it’s lacking interior wise with the modern, attractive outlook, colors scheme.

Maybe I do have some expectations with aesthetics of products.

Then people complain 2018 Japanese car, how come no touch screen HU?

Turbocharged
(edited)

Apparently this Jimny is sizzling hot in the news and community worldwide. There are more buzz in the new Jimny than the new Swift Sport last year.... not surprising considering that the old Jimny is 20 years old model and very overdue for a new model.

Someone did a render of a 4 door version. Suddenly has that Honda Crossroad vibe to it.

d1nA6BH.jpg

A possible vision of a Jimny fully kitted for offroading, not bad! Take note this is the 1.5 NA version with wide fenders and projector lamps

MO9nTCm.jpg

Edited by Pocus

Supersonic

Apparently this Jimny is sizzling hot in the news and community worldwide. There are more buzz in the new Jimny than the new Swift Sport last year.... not surprising considering that the old Jimny is 20 years old model and very overdue for a new model.

Someone did a render of a 4 door version. Suddenly has that Honda Crossroad vibe to it.

d1nA6BH.jpg

A possible vision of a Jimny fully kitted for offroading, not bad! Take note this is the 1.5 NA version with wide fenders and projector lamps

MO9nTCm.jpg

Open top too.

Suzuki-Jimny-convertible-render-630x354.

Pickup

suzuki-jimny-pickup-rendering-featured.j

Haha isn’t it mean to be a work horse? What for add the bells and whistle? No need motorized side mirror, no need lcd touch screen center console, no need digital display in between the two gauges etc

Then people complain 2018 Japanese car, how come no touch screen HU?

I beg to differ. The rugged interior is ok but it can be better in terms of quality.

How to know the quality by just looking at the picture only?

Or you touch or feel the car before?Care to share?lol...

Turbocharged
(edited)

Haha isnât it mean to be a work horse? What for add the bells and whistle? No need motorized side mirror, no need lcd touch screen center console, no need digital display in between the two gauges etc

Wah...so passive aggressive...lol

But anyway you will not be the first to complain. I recall a YouTube reviewer also lament the use of hard plastic in suzuki cars like the new Ignis and Swift.

I guess at the end of the day there is still a production costing they need to factor in. Some overseas dealers are already complained that recent suzuki cars have increase price making it less competitive. Suzuki also cited increase production and material cost has pushed up it's price.

The new Swift Sport is only 2k to 3k pounds less than a Fiesta ST. People rather choose the latter.

It's after all still a smaller Japanese niche company. Smaller than even Hyundai.

But Jimny is a class of its own... it will sell.

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 1

How to know the quality by just looking at the picture only?

Or you touch or feel the car before?Care to share?lol...

Just my opinion upon looking at the interior. My opinion that’s all as everyone have theirs.

Wah...so passive aggressive...lol

But anyway you will not be the first to complain. I recall a YouTube reviewer also lament the use of hard plastic in suzuki cars like the new Ignis and Swift.

I guess at the end of the day there is still a production costing they need to factor in. Some overseas dealers are already complained that recent suzuki cars have increase price making it less competitive. Suzuki also cited increase production and material cost has pushed up it's price.

The new Swift Sport is only 2k to 3k pounds less than a Fiesta ST. People rather choose the latter.

It's after all still a smaller Japanese niche company. Smaller than even Hyundai.

But Jimny is a class of its own... it will sell.

Haha no la. Just my preference for better quality in the cars as I feel this Jimny looks good and if have better quality interior that’s all.

reminds me of toyota fj cruiser 

d1nA6BH.jpg

• Praise 2

(edited)

Also a baby Hummer H3, Jeep renegade.

reminds me of toyota fj cruiser 

Edited by Discoburg
↡ Advertisement