Unlimited mobile data plans coming back 2017

Lala81

Twincharged

This M1 looks quite a good deal. Comes with free caller-ID somemore.

CID used to be free for mostly corporate plans ...but now with stiff competition, it's open to all!

I just switch from Circles to Giga.

$25 per month no contract, 25GB with roll over for 2 months, 1000 mins talk time, 1000 sms. 

Circles taps on M1 and I have problems if I am underground. So far Giga is performing much better. 

Hypersonic

So with all these more data bundles and free flow of weekend data, soon we can go away with wifi? 

I was thinking if 5G is really as fast as it claims, is it faster  than wifi?  If it is faster and more stable than wifi, we might as well fark wifi and switch everything to run on 5G?  :huh:  [:p]  [laugh]

Hypersonic

So with all these more data bundles and free flow of weekend data, soon we can go away with wifi? 

I was thinking if 5G is really as fast as it claims, is it faster  than wifi?  If it is faster and more stable than wifi, we might as well fark wifi and switch everything to run on 5G?  :huh:  [:p]  [laugh]

depends lah. when im watching lot of youtube videos, i can be using like 50gb/month on my home wifi.

But if regular surfing and occasional videos etc, yeah 10-15gb can last one month no issues.

• Praise 1

think 5G for personal mobile still some years to go. for me am quite happy with 4G. 

actually wireless@SG is pretty good these days, many hawker centres have it and I do use it. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

depends lah. when im watching lot of youtube videos, i can be using like 50gb/month on my home wifi.

But if regular surfing and occasional videos etc, yeah 10-15gb can last one month no issues.

I was just thinking only. 

But what are the changes of any man on the street  blowing up 50GB of data every month? one month here one month there mayb, but every month I think quite unlikely bah. The max my daughter used was 25 GB, and that because she was in Korea for 2 weeks and posting alot on IG. 

So if say go away totally with wifi, mayb can save a few hundred dollars a year...  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Hypersonic

think 5G for personal mobile still some years to go. for me am quite happy with 4G. 

actually wireless@SG is pretty good these days, many hawker centres have it and I do use it. 

4G i am also quite happy liao, I no need 5G yet... [laugh]

but to me, I feel that wireless@SG really CMI lor, either that or my HW phone CMI. The speed is like takes forever to load. 

I always turn wifi off and use data instead when my wifi connects to wireless@SG.  [:p]

but to me, I feel that wireless@SG really CMI lor, either that or my HW phone CMI. The speed is like takes forever to load. 

I always turn wifi off and use data instead when my wifi connects to wireless@SG.  [:p]

yes, wireless@SG used to be a joke. can log in but cannot use at many places.

for the past 12 months I have used wireless@SG at hawker centres that have it. quite smooth for general surfing and youtube. 

i do manual log in. not using wireless@SG app.

Turbocharged

for the past 12 months I have used wireless@SG at hawker centres that have it. quite smooth for general surfing and youtube. 

haven't been using wireless sg for some time use i gotten the free TPG sim card. Just now try at Bedok hawker got this fast listed below. I think they have increased the speed to 5Mbps

This witeless@sg is good stuff
  • Praise 2

Same here..... Up to a point that whenever my surfing speed drastically drop suddenly on the move, I immediately will check if my phone had automatically connect to [email protected] i switch that wifit off immediately....  :D

• Praise 1

My theory is that with big data plans going cheap and with the historical crap to almost useless wireless@sg surfing experience, alot of people just simply switch to a plan with cheap big data and just don't even bother with wireless@sg 

End up with less user on the limited wifi network, the surfing experience is bound to be improved. 

Hypersonic

With the newer plans, I will stream Spotify or watch youtube if I want to.

Maybe overseas then need to watch data.

Hypersonic

Hmm wonder if my wife needs to change provider since there's no more cheaper plan by m1. She is still on the older low data plan.

Hmm wonder if my wife needs to change provider since there's no more cheaper plan by m1. She is still on the older low data plan.

switch to the newer and cheaper M1 my sim plan?  comes with 30 GB, 1,000 min talk time and foc caller ID for $25. best part - it is no contract. can terminate anytime too. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1