All about Instant Noodles (FAV/SPICIEST/TO TRY, etc)

Blauw

seems like instant noodle tastebuds are very varied. I never knew got so many brands in SG haha

if each manufacturer got 50-100 sku, so many manufacturers in the world can add up to a lot [laugh]
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

In an attempt to be healthier i gave this a try last week. Found it in sheng siong.

Oat-mee-e1475914492201.jpg

It actually made me miss the plasticky springy taste of actual maggi when making instant fried noodle.

Well maybe i'll mix them in future. Oat + classic packets.

Edited by Karoon

Twincharged

Boy who ate instant noodles every day for years dies of stomach cancer

Taiwan has been shaken by news of an exemplary, hardworking university student who died recently from stomach cancer.

The 18-year-old scholar had been an inspiration to others, often burning the midnight oil to pore over his course work. He had developed the habit of working into the night since he was in secondary school, where he performed superlatively.

Unfortunately, the young man also developed the habit of consuming instant noodles, night after night. According to Taiwan’s SeeHua News, by the time he entered university, the teen had been eating instant noodles every day for a period of years.

The youth’s hard work got him into the university of his choice – but he soon began to feel chronically unwell, and was laid low by symptoms such as nausea, bloating and stomach ache.

As his symptoms worsened, his family took him to a hospital for a check-up. The diagnosis was absolutely gutting – he had stage four stomach cancer, and his chances of pulling through were extremely slim.

After a year of battling the disease, the boy with the bright academic future succumbed to the disease.

In the wake of the widely-reported tragedy, an oncologist at the hospital where the teen was treated, Dr Yan Jiarui, urged Taiwanese to reduce their intake of instant noodles, as well as pickled food and red meat, all of which have been linked to cancer.

• Praise 3

good reminder for me to cut back on instant noodles.. i have been averaging 2 packs a week...  [:/]

that's a lot, i probably have 2 packs in 6 months.

• Praise 1

ermm.. my 2 packs is 2 meals hor.. not 2 packs of 5...  :grin:

think better to cut down to 1 a week.. 

Edited by Tkseah

Twincharged

Must not let my insurers know of my instant noodles stash in my kitchen cupboard ... Else premium go up again!