2018 Suzuki Swift Sport 1.4 Turbo

Pocus

Neutral Newbie

Since this is a new model, I think it warranty a new thread to set it apart from the old Swifts

The official announcement with happen at Frankfurt Motorshow next week.

Anyone as hyped up as me?

The info we know so far:

• Car is slightly larger than previous Swifts, but you cannot tell unless you compare side by side.
  • 1.4 Direct Injected intercooled (front mounted) Turbo, Euro 6 compliant
  • 140ps @ 5500rpm
  • 230nm @ 2500-3500rpm (That's higher than normal turbo range, optimized more for performance)
  • 970kg for MT, 990kg for AT
  • 6MT or tipronic 6AT(They ditched the CVT)
  • 17" rims
  • cruise control and Bluetooth with LED display
  • fabric and leather hybrid sport seats
  • Collision mitigation for higher JDM spec, not sure if it will come locally.
  • JDM release date​ this Month 2017 so PI can start bringing them soon.
  • 0-100 not recorded but based on specs and weight should be in the sub-7 secs
The cheapest trim is selling at 1.7 milllion yen, after conversion is around $21kSGD for the OMV.

Based calculations of PARF and current cat B COE, the car should be around 120k bracket plus minus.

Anyone's radar on this?

Close up

YMrlC5P.jpg

15pNyzm.jpg

vpVK6PD.jpg

cv685dN.jpg

Interior

s5V5eBY.jpg

S3aR94f.jpg

Zhnged version

RMNWXbk.jpg

gTKXU0Q.jpg

Anyone who is interested in the new suzuki swift sports can contact me directly ay 96872514. We are the only one that import it as of now.

ready stock available. Promotion package come with HKS exhaust and many other accessories. 

Edited by YkLau
↡ Advertisement

Anyone who is interested in the new suzuki swift sports can contact me directly ay 96872514. We are the only one that import it as of now.

ready stock available. Promotion package come with HKS exhaust and many other accessories.

I presumed no test drive is allowed?

Do or will you carry accessories (grille/spoiler, etc ) for the latest 2018 swift?

Do or will you carry accessories (grille/spoiler, etc ) for the latest 2018 swift?

Yeah, I quite like the RS grill (honeycomb with the red line across) compared with the base model's horizontal lined grill.

Neutral Newbie

Yeah, I quite like the RS grill (honeycomb with the red line across) compared with the base model's horizontal lined grill.

Yes, the one we carry is with honeycomb grill. 

Isn't the whole purpose of the Swift Sport is great power to weight ratio? And yet people are adding extra weight to the car  [laugh]

well, different ppl different needs....

Isn't the whole purpose of the Swift Sport is great power to weight ratio? And yet people are adding extra weight to the car  [laugh]

car too fast... need to slow it down via weight and working the alternator harder. [laugh]

Edited by Mkl22

wah 100k for swifts sports.. wah

last time only paid 60-70k for it in 2007

How much was 2007 coe le? Now coe is 26k le.

Turbocharged
(edited)

13k?

Still a big premium to pay for current mkt la.

100k for swift sports leh...

2 things that affected it.

COE + 10k

VES + 10k

So now 90k to 100k loh..

And to put things to perspective. The current Avante/Elantra is 70k 80k. Last time is 50k to 60k

Edited by Pocus
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1