2018 Suzuki Swift Sport 1.4 Turbo

Pocus

Good news folks. The JDM ZC33S is coming to town!

one of the PI is bringing it in pending VES result and will release price in these few days.

I'm camping at their fb page and will update.

I wonder how it compares with the Colt version r
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I wonder how it compares with the Colt version r

Although the horsepower is lower than the colts, it's torque is higher and power to weight ratio is significantly better.

I reckon with the century Sprint of 6.9sec it's quickly than the colt in the short run. Plus the swift's handling is unmatched.

The colt is a good platform but a tad aged.

• Praise 1

Although the horsepower is lower than the colts, it's torque is higher and power to weight ratio is significantly better.

I reckon with the century Sprint of 6.9sec it's quickly than the colt in the short run. Plus the swift's handling is unmatched.

The colt is a good platform but a tad aged.

But if the asking price is 120k and above then I feel it’s too expensive.

Furthermore I’m too lazy for manual already. Only autos pls. Hahaha. So that would put it on par with the cvt cvr I guess

But if the asking price is 120k and above then I feel itâs too expensive.

Furthermore Iâm too lazy for manual already. Only autos pls. Hahaha. So that would put it on par with the cvt cvr I guess

The CVT on the previous SS really spoilt the whole experience. The car made a lot of noise but lack the sensation of urgency....

Turbocharged
(edited)

But if the asking price is 120k and above then I feel itâs too expensive.

Furthermore Iâm too lazy for manual already. Only autos pls. Hahaha. So that would put it on par with the cvt cvr I guess

If you put price into the factor then the cheaper car will be the better car. Also cannot compare price 10 yrs ago with current price trends. Last time 90k can buy a civic type R, now you only settle for an Elantra..

The colt is already in its twilight years and maimed by the GB issues. That's it bearbug of CVT CVR. Otherwise i agree its a good car.

The suzuki however is very careful with its Auto gb option. It decided to switch back to conventional tiptronic AT instead of the CVT for its current Zc33s unlike last gen zc32s.

But I guess the auto as will be slower and will take away some fun. Esp when it's paddle shifter now. The pervert in me still prefer to shift the stick rather than flicking paddles.

Anyway the PI I followed decided to do a big bang announcement of price on their 9th Feb roadshow...boring....

Edited by Pocus

If you put price into the factor then the cheaper car will be the better car. Also cannot compare price 10 yrs ago with current price trends. Last time 90k can buy a civic type R, now you only settle for an Elantra..

The colt is already in its twilight years and maimed by the GB issues. That's it bearbug of CVT CVR. Otherwise i agree its a good car.

The suzuki however is very careful with its Auto gb option. It decided to switch back to conventional tiptronic AT instead of the CVT for its current Zc33s unlike last gen zc32s.

But I guess the auto as will be slower and will take away some fun. Esp when it's paddle shifter now. The pervert in me still prefer to shift the stick rather than flicking paddles.

Anyway the PI I followed decided to do a big bang announcement of price on their 9th Feb roadshow...boring....

For zc31, auto and manual have the same 0-100 timing of 8.9s. It was quite interesting back then with the cvt as fast as a manual.

Between the cvr and ss, ss have a better chassis overall. But being na, ss loses to cvr on straights. I think suzuki is still very conservative on increasing the power for their 1.4t. Alfa can do the same with 180 ponies on their giulietta. Even their m16a is very tunable with stock internals.

I will be tempted to get the new zc33 if price is around 105k. You know if there are any difference between jdm and export models?

The CVT on the previous SS really spoilt the whole experience. The car made a lot of noise but lack the sensation of urgency....

The mt and at are really meant for different grps of buyers. Mt ss normally are zhnged while AT normally kept as stock. Lol.

9th feb? Still a long way! But nvm still got time to wait hence not that urgent.

Cvr just keep it stock the gearbox can last quite awhile. Regular cvt oil change at 20000km plus a atf cooler can prolong its lifespan.

Those days of best bang for bucks like ignis sport is long gone

I guess it’s the cvt. A 6 speed conventional AT should do befter

For zc31, auto and manual have the same 0-100 timing of 8.9s. It was quite interesting back then with the cvt as fast as a manual.

Between the cvr and ss, ss have a better chassis overall. But being na, ss loses to cvr on straights. I think suzuki is still very conservative on increasing the power for their 1.4t. Alfa can do the same with 180 ponies on their giulietta. Even their m16a is very tunable with stock internals.

I will be tempted to get the new zc33 if price is around 105k. You know if there are any difference between jdm and export models?

The mt and at are really meant for different grps of buyers. Mt ss normally are zhnged while AT normally kept as stock. Lol.

Likely jdm models will require high octane which means 96RON and above. Means you likely need to pump 98ron. Whereas export market rhd models to UK Australia and Singapore Hong Kong need only 95RON.

Likely jdm models will require high octane which means 96RON and above. Means you likely need to pump 98ron. Whereas export market rhd models to UK Australia and Singapore Hong Kong need only 95RON.

I had a jdm zc31. The fuel requirement is the same for export models due to the high compression ratio. Difference between jdm and export are the internals and shorter gear ratio.

The new zc33 should be able to take ron95 since its a tc engine. I assume the compression ratio will be lower.

I had a jdm zc31. The fuel requirement is the same for export models due to the high compression ratio. Difference between jdm and export are the internals and shorter gear ratio.

The new zc33 should be able to take ron95 since its a tc engine. I assume the compression ratio will be lower.

The zc32 needs 95. However in Japan there are only 2 grades of petrol regular which is 90ron and high octane which is 96RON. So likely they detuned it for the overseas market but kept zc32 as high octane.

Confirm that zc33 needs 無鉛プレミアムガソリン. Which means unleaded premium gasoline as per the catalog.

Edited by Mkl22

Anyone went to garageR soft launch? What are the prices like?

Yeah loh. Missed the event cause running errands...

Wonder what's the price..

On the side note, Champion Motor announced the new Swift is coming soon. With 1.0l turbo at 106bhp and 160nm, its no slouch either...

Edited by Pocus

Yeah loh. Missed the event cause running errands...

Wonder what's the price..

On the side note, Champion Motor announced the new Swift is coming soon. With 1.0l turbo at 106bhp and 160nm, its no slouch either...

Finally.

I got word that the Swift Sport from PI is expected to be in the region of 102k to 112k based on current COE trends. MT and AT is 1k difference.

The finally price will be confirmed around April to May.

Edited by Pocus

I got word that the Swift Sport from PI is expected to be in the region of 102k to 112k based on current COE trends. MT and AT is 1k difference.

The finally price will be confirmed around April to May.

Mt is more or less 1k? 112k might be too high.

Mt is more or less 1k? 112k might be too high.

1k less. The 10k difference in price range is taking VES into account. Apparently the car has not complete the VES test yet.. Edited by Pocus
↡ Advertisement