New 2018 BMW X3

Soya

Am currently on the hunt to replace my aging and overly utilised E84.

Have narriwed down the search to either the newx3 sdrive20 or glc 200.

Bith pml and c&c offer on my trafe-in are very close. Almost the same only $1k diff.

However, pml’s package seems better - 5 yr / 200,000km warranty and 5 years / 100,000km free servicing (inclusive of brake pads and rotors).

But car price hugher , which translates to aboit $100 more per mth and higher cash outlay of $8k.

Like the cabin insulation and drive of the x3 but somehow feel glc is more reliable.

C&c only offering $6k of service credits and 3 yr / 100,000km warranty. Extension to 5 yr avaable at a cost if $2k!

Can’t go much wrong with either and I suppose it’s very individual.

BMWs known for their better drive whilst Benz more refined and supposedly better reliability in general though this is subjective so end of day I suppose depends on what u value higher?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Bith pml and c&c offer on my trafe-in are very close. Almost the same only $1k diff.

However, pml’s package seems better - 5 yr / 200,000km warranty and 5 years / 100,000km free servicing (inclusive of brake pads and rotors).

But car price hugher , which translates to aboit $100 more per mth and higher cash outlay of $8k.

Like the cabin insulation and drive of the x3 but somehow feel glc is more reliable.

C&c only offering $6k of service credits and 3 yr / 100,000km warranty. Extension to 5 yr avaable at a cost if $2k!

I was in same situation as you last Sept.

In the end, X3s20i was chosen (disregarding the fact that GLC could be more reliable and have a better resale) because

Trade-in price was higher

Shorter delivery time

Better infotainment system with the "Connected Drive", GLC200 does not even comes with GPS.

Nicer 19" wheel vs the 18" standard wheels on the GLC

5 years servicing and warranty

Rear bench slightly better than the GLC

Power and insulation / comfort wise, it is rather similar 

My friend got the x3 30i.

lol this was after he booked the Q3 (in his attempt to "downgrade") but could cancel it without penalty.

lol this was after he booked the Q3 (in his attempt to "downgrade") but could cancel it without penalty.

Your friend manage to get back the booking fee?  [:p]

Your friend manage to get back the booking fee? [:p]

Car not in Sg. So can cancel without penalty

He and my other friend both booked the q3 at sg motor show. But... They don't even know the omv of the car. Not even an indicated rough omv... Haha decisive people...

• Praise 1

Car not in Sg. So can cancel without penalty

He and my other friend both booked the q3 at sg motor show. But... They don't even know the omv of the car. Not even an indicated rough omv... Haha decisive people...

WoW really lucky man...if it is pml...confirm makaned one  [lipsrsealed]

must say audi AD very steady one  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

I was in same situation as you last Sept.

In the end, X3s20i was chosen (disregarding the fact that GLC could be more reliable and have a better resale) because

Trade-in price was higher

Shorter delivery time

Better infotainment system with the "Connected Drive", GLC200 does not even comes with GPS.

Nicer 19" wheel vs the 18" standard wheels on the GLC

5 years servicing and warranty

Rear bench slightly better than the GLC

Power and insulation / comfort wise, it is rather similar

I am a high mielage user. Approx 150,000km in 5 years. Thus the warranty and servicing package iffered by pml is a hige draw to me.

Ignoring that this is a X3 thread, objectively speaking, I would still go with X3. Tested both GLC43 and X3M40i - besides having a more fun and engaging drive on the M40i, the standard equipment is a lot more comprehensive compared to the 43. Sounds like it is similar between the X3 and GLC as well.

IMO, the incremental outlay or monthly installment is negligible. Happy shopping!

• Praise 4

Only Q5 is same class as X3.

Q5 interior is nicer than X3.

Hi everyone

I'm about to pull trigger on a BMW X3. 

But very unsure as to whether to go for the sDrive20i M Sport or the xDrive30i M Sport.   After trade in, the price difference between the 2 is S$25,000.  Is it worth the upgrade to the 30i? I scared I regret going for one instead of the other.

Any thoughts?

• Praise 1

xDrive30i M Sport [thumbsup]

higher performance engine + xdrive + msport = worth more than $25k

besides, OMV also higher

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Hi everyone

I'm about to pull trigger on a BMW X3.

But very unsure as to whether to go for the sDrive20i M Sport or the xDrive30i M Sport. After trade in, the price difference between the 2 is S$25,000. Is it worth the upgrade to the 30i? I scared I regret going for one instead of the other.

Any thoughts?

In essence you are paying for the engine difference, all wheel rear biased drive, and I believe the 360 camera, hill descent and maybe the heads up display. I'm not sure if they still offer the m differential suspension with the new batch. The s drive is alao rear wheel driven.

What is your x3 for? Daily school and office runs? Heading up north? Want to do 230km/h?

The sdrive rwd has more than enough power to climb the ecp upslope towards airport from ophir so you won't be huffing and puffing on uphills. Enough torque at 1200 to 1500 rpm to move in and out of traffic. She is well planted and you can throw her into a corner or handle a hairpin corner with little or no lean. I have the g01 sdrive and its enough for me. [laugh]

Edited by Mason016

They also give the blue M brake calipers with X30i. And no I'm not planning to race with this. Family car to transport wife, children and old people. But I am just wondering whether 25k is worth just paying for all the extras anyway

• Praise 1

They also give the blue M brake calipers with X30i. And no I'm not planning to race with this. Family car to transport wife, children and old people. But I am just wondering whether 25k is worth just paying for all the extras anyway

Its a value choice then. Either way she is a great car. You can consider joining the x3 owners chat once you get her. Cheers.

30i without question asked. Trust me, because I have the old 20i. It sucks. 190hp for a 1.8tonne car is shit.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1