New 2018 BMW X3

Soya

Ya , find the seats damm hard and thin and without lumpar support at all .

Frankly speaking , i think all the talk about BWM drive and handling , very over rated lor .

As i normally do not test drive the cars that i buy , think soon will see a almost new X3 in the market liao

Was still thinking of changing it to the X3 M when it hits our shore , hence brought the X3 xdrive to try out first .

Understand your disappointment; it being your first bmw, expecting to experience Joy in driving it.

It used to be plush yet firm seats, free rear auto sunshades & signature bmw handling even in the 5 series (never driven any lower models).

But now, there're so many diff configurations until only the inline 6 and above have the legendary handling & that too, became lighter too. IMO.

Perhaps you should have bought a bmw sedan first. To switch over fr a mercs to a bmw SUV, it will take some getting use to. SUV typically isn't as comfy as a sedan or even MPV.

Another reason for the thin seats....maybe it's a lower specs model. Solution is to change to a better seat or put a thin cushion over it. Lol....

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Understand your disappointment; it being your first bmw, expecting to experience Joy in driving it.

It used to be plush yet firm seats, free rear auto sunshades & signature bmw handling even in the 5 series (never driven any lower models).

But now, there're so many diff configurations until only the inline 6 and above have the legendary handling & that too, became lighter too. IMO.

Perhaps you should have bought a bmw sedan first. To switch over fr a mercs to a bmw SUV, it will take some getting use to. SUV typically isn't as comfy as a sedan or even MPV.

Another reason for the thin seats....maybe it's a lower specs model. Solution is to change to a better seat or put a thin cushion over it. Lol....

dun think there will be much diff between sedan or SUV ba . The X3 M40i has the same seats for sure , even the new X5 comes with the same seats i think . 

If have to change the seats , might as well change the car ... 

Frankly speaking , i think all the talk about BWM drive and handling , very over rated lor . 

As i normally do not test drive the cars that i buy , think soon will see a almost new X3 in the market liao  

Was still thinking of changing it to the X3 M when it hits our shore , hence brought the X3 xdrive to try out first .  

base model is just basic, if you want more dynamic driving should go for at least 30i.

straight from PML the tires are over inflated, you need to let go the air to 32psi.

and press the adaptive button to get better ride too.

dun think there will be much diff between sedan or SUV ba . The X3 M40i has the same seats for sure , even the new X5 comes with the same seats i think . 

its different, M40i have lumbar support and others

• Praise 1

Thank you. I wonder if we can purchase the warranty and servicing package from PML with this car.

Bro service package buy from Munich better cos cheaper

Paid 2 and get 1 free

post-119837-0-33063300-1555067377_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Pohhenry
  • Praise 3

Supercharged

base model is just basic, if you want more dynamic driving should go for at least 30i.

straight from PML the tires are over inflated, you need to let go the air to 32psi.

and press the adaptive button to get better ride too.

its different, M40i have lumbar support and others

erm , mine already the 3.0 x drive m sports lei . Seats from what i was told by the SE same as the M40 i .  Seats can only adjust the sides , not the lumpar for sure . The funny thing about the car is , its comes with all those safety driving dynamic or what but the seatbelt reminder is only for the driver , not for the front passenger . 

Edited by Hubwee

I driving the F26 X4 35i . AWD. No issue with the seat leh. Back rest width is adjustable. No lumbar support too. Got around it by placing a firm cushion there.

And there are differences in comfort betwn bmw sedans & SUV.

I could attest to it becos I've driven it's 6 potters 5 & 6 series.

Now with the x4 & a G30 530i. These 2 both has staggered tyres. I don't over inflate as it would be dangerous at high speeds on the NSHW.

Ok ok, I realized that this is a thread for x3, I shall refrain from posting anything not related to this model anymore. Cheers.

Edited by TameDriver
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Do you guys take the X3 up north for road trips ? Did a drive to Ipoh and find that the seats are damm uncomfortable even on comfort mode . 

Ride is harsh and i wonder is it becos of the RFT ... 

Really a big difference as compare to merc for these long up north road trips . 

First time BMW owner now having regrets ...  

There is a comfort mode suspension/drive setting.... did you try that?

erm , mine already the 3.0 x drive m sports lei . Seats from what i was told by the SE same as the M40 i .  Seats can only adjust the sides , not the lumpar for sure . The funny thing about the car is , its comes with all those safety driving dynamic or what but the seatbelt reminder is only for the driver , not for the front passenger . 

The M sport seats I remember has lumbar support when I last read the PML spec sheet. Only the non-Msport models make do with only the side bolster adjustments.

• Praise 1

I sure hope the seats don't adjust my lumpar.... :D

Jokes aside...

As I get older, I realised that the lumbar support gets increasingly important for me not to have recurrence of lumbar pain. Especially for long drives up north or if i spend a lot of time in traffic jams locally.

So when I testdrive the potential cars that am targeting, the first thing I do is to make sure the lumbar support is adjustable and to my comfort.

• Praise 1

BMW is not known to have comfortable seats. Merc (E class and above), Volvo, Lexus and even Infinity has better seats than BMW.

Typically M cars will be more track/sports oriented, so will be worse in terms of comfort.

• Praise 3

Usually Management car comes with 3 full years of warranty that starts from the current owner purchase date to entice the buyer?

Mgmt car normally are test drive, courtesy cars used for few k mileage and then sold off at quite a discount but from what i know they are normally sold without frills ie no car cam, no solar film, no warranty, svc etc but if you not too fussy, it’s quite worth it as u can always install yourself and still save a sum.

Those that come with warranty still left from current owners are Used cars sold by PPSL. Don’t think PPSL markets them as Mgmt cars.

• Praise 7

Mgmt car normally are test drive, courtesy cars used for few k mileage and then sold off at quite a discount but from what i know they are normally sold without frills ie no car cam, no solar film, no warranty, svc etc but if you not too fussy, it’s quite worth it as u can always install yourself and still save a sum.

Those that come with warranty still left from current owners are Used cars sold by PPSL. Don’t think PPSL markets them as Mgmt cars.

not true, i have bought management car before and it still cover under warranty , 

Hypersonic

I sure hope the seats don't adjust my lumpar.... :D

usually it's the subordinates who would support lumpar, not car seats

[lipsrsealed]  :D 

wah power. 

wearnes did it just recently with their infiniti q50, selling 2015/2016 registered cars as management units.

nutjobs. 

• Praise 2

wearnes did it just recently with their infiniti q50, selling 2015/2016 registered cars as management units.

nutjobs.

That’s downright cheating isn’t it?

Bad enough selling test drive n courtesy cars as Mgmt cars but to sell 3-4yr old used cars as Mgmt cars is over the top I feel.

I supposed the interpretation of Mgmt cars is varied n hence the abuse of the word I feel.

• Praise 2

erm , mine already the 3.0 x drive m sports lei . Seats from what i was told by the SE same as the M40 i . Seats can only adjust the sides , not the lumpar for sure . The funny thing about the car is , its comes with all those safety driving dynamic or what but the seatbelt reminder is only for the driver , not for the front passenger .

I had my X3 xDrive30i Msport and the seats come with lumbar support. I agree that the seats are not the most comfortable but they serve their purpose. I prefer it as it hugged you well and prevent the driver from sliding around. The ride can be harsh at times as Msport is tuned for stiffer suspension, that is why I opted for Dynamics Damper control when ordering. It helps on ride comfort.

• Praise 2

I had my X3 xDrive30i Msport and the seats come with lumbar support. I agree that the seats are not the most comfortable but they serve their purpose. I prefer it as it hugged you well and prevent the driver from sliding around. The ride can be harsh at times as Msport is tuned for stiffer suspension, that is why I opted for Dynamics Damper control when ordering. It helps on ride comfort.

So far the seats are okay for me. Will just need to adapt to the seats agronomic position. However, I do like the bigger seat pan.  

• Praise 1

Do you guys take the X3 up north for road trips ? Did a drive to Ipoh and find that the seats are damm uncomfortable even on comfort mode .

Ride is harsh and i wonder is it becos of the RFT ...

Really a big difference as compare to merc for these long up north road trips .

First time BMW owner now having regrets ...

So I'm not the only person who felt BMW seats are a lil too firm for comfort. Currently driving a 2 series but since no up north drive, I think I'm somewhat used to it already. In fact I like the adjustable lateral supports since they keep the spine from excessive lateral movements during harder than normal cornering.
  • Praise 2

TBH I don't know how to use the side cushion and lumbar support

May be I am fatass

I adjust the 2 side cushion open to the widest

Then press the lumbar support all the way inside

All my older car have but I don't know how to utilize it

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1