New 2018 BMW X3

Soya

If you are into how engaging the ride is, I would suggest that you go with the BMW. Used to drive the XC90 T6 RD and whilst the engine is relatively powerful for a 2l car, it lacks refinement and drive IMO is not as engaging. Having said that, the interior of the Volvo gives a more refreshing look and I especially like the T6 RD seats - super comfortable!

Thank you, guys! For all your comments and advices... I m getting the X3 30i after test driving them again. 

X3: Engaging and gear changing is almost seamless

XC60: Super comfortable car with very good seats. Come with voice control and 300+ horsepower. But the gear changing drags a bit too long. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Thank you, guys! For all your comments and advices... I m getting the X3 30i after test driving them again. 

XC60: Super comfortable car with very good seats. Come with voice control and 300+ horsepower. But the gear changing drags a bit too long. 

go try the M40i, its a superb car

• Praise 1

Made in Germany vs made in China lol.

Seems like BMW tuned their transmission very well. Even their entry models gear changes are smooth and natural.

Made in Germany vs made in China lol.

I don’t think Volvos are Made in China though I believe u r saying in jest

• Praise 8

I donât think Volvos are Made in China though I believe u r saying in jestð

Seriously though, even some of the lower end BMWs are made outside Germany so these days, got to accept that fact. They claim itâs same as German standards but I suppose no way to tell. Just like Toyota saying their Thai factory is producing cars up to Toyota benchmarks n so too their Indo factory producing the Sienta.

Eh xc60 is really mic. I'm not joking.

I own a MIT Honda. I'm fine with it. But for a 200k plus car...

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

I donât think Volvos are Made in China though I believe u r saying in jestð

Seriously though, even some of the lower end BMWs are made outside Germany so these days, got to accept that fact. They claim itâs same as German standards but I suppose no way to tell. Just like Toyota saying their Thai factory is producing cars up to Toyota benchmarks n so too their Indo factory producing the Sienta.

The doc is right. They are made in china now excluding the XC90.

Pop by wearnes, open the driver's or right side rear passenger door of the s90 and xc60 and look at the tyre pressure guide, you'll see the words made in china.

• Praise 2

Ok tks good info! I didn’t know this n also didn’t expect MIC cars for premium brands esp

• Praise 4

Pop by wearnes, open the driver's or right side rear passenger door of the s90 and xc60 and look at the tyre pressure guide, you'll see the words made in china.

So far only these two right. Xc40 still swede.

Ok tks good info! I didnât know this n also didnât expect MIC cars for premium brands espð¬

Well if u live in USA, the x3 or x5 is also likely made in USA. But with Singapore cars costing a bomb...

I mean even MIT AD camry/jazz/hrv sales will suffer compared to MIJ camry/fit/vezel.

For a premium brand... No lah.

I seen the car last week at the showroom,  It is "assembled in china" with international parts.

But, the fit and finish is still good.  No inferiority....

However, the deal breaker is the selling price against its relatively low OMV. 

• Praise 3

I seen the car last week at the showroom, It is "assembled in china" with international parts.

But, the fit and finish is still good. No inferiority....

Well ultimately those who buy stuff for the badge and premium/aspirational nature, q a lot of them will care about this. I think all my friends who own the German 3 will frown if they know its MIC.

Agreed. Wearne markup is...

when i got my F10 i did not opt for the upgraded audio system

i stripped out all the MIC speakers immediately and replaced them with MIG speakers 

i feel so inferior that i cant pangsai ... muahahaha

I seen the car last week at the showroom,  It is "assembled in china" with international parts.

But, the fit and finish is still good.  No inferiority....

Edited by Wt_know

when i got my F10 i did not opt for the upgraded audio system

i stripped out all the MIC speakers immediately and replaced them with MIG speakers

i feel so inferior that i cant pangsai ... muahahaha

Lol!!! How come never use buddha palm to demand upgrade? [laugh]

Lol!!! How come never use buddha palm to demand upgrade? [laugh]

nowadays buddha palm seems not working at pml liao :slow:

soft reasoning with them safer  [thumbsup]

Yes, i saw the "MADE IN CHINA" tag when i opened the front door. The workmanship and materials are good though. I asked the salesman if there are any concern from customers on the "MADE IN CHINA" label. He claimed he went to the tour the China factory plant and it is a state of art assembly factory. All materials are imported and assemble only in China. Just like iphone, parts are from all over the world and assemble in China.  [thumbsup]

Currently, only S90 and XC90 are from China. 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=20483

https://www.carbuyer.com.sg/volvo-made-in-china-singapore/

By the way, the X3 is not made in Germany.  Made in USA.  Don't think it is a big deal. 

As for Volvo, yes XC 60 made in China now.  XC 40 still made in Belgium while the XC 90 still made in Sweden.  But I'm sure both will eventually be MIC soon. 

• Praise 1