New 2018 BMW X3

Soya

(edited)

Nah, it's just my personal opinion, maybe I tend to drive faster than most average SUV drivers. So the requirement in engine/transmission is different. As I said, there is no question about the handling of the X3, it is up there in that arena. If all out handling is what the SUV shopper is looking for, maybe should consider a sedan or station wagon with sporty handling which will win any SUV any day any time.

Just like the 3 series, I find that 325i is the minimum to really enjoy the handling afforded by the chassis/setup. But we see more 316/318/320is on the road.

End of the day most important is the person buying it must appreciate, likes it and willing to put his money where it matters.

Then u must seriously try the new one, on paper its heavy and probably has a low hp/weight ratio.. but the damn car felt almost like a sports sedan. I also didnt expect much from it but it was above my expectations.. if only the price can come down alittle more haha.

U can throw the car out of a corner at 60-70km/h and it still handles so well.

Tested quite a few compact suvs already.

Edited by Vratenza
↡ Advertisement

Thks for the feedback.

Got a fellow GT kaki who is keen on changing to this X3 but the trade in price PML quoted was ridiculously low even for a BMW! Hope you get a better price for your Audi.

Same same la.. go where trade in sure tio katuk

Nah, it's just my personal opinion, maybe I tend to drive faster than most average SUV drivers. So the requirement in engine/transmission is different. As I said, there is no question about the handling of the X3, it is up there in that arena. If all out handling is what the SUV shopper is looking for, maybe should consider a sedan or station wagon with sporty handling which will win any SUV any day any time.

Just like the 3 series, I find that 325i is the minimum to really enjoy the handling afforded by the chassis/setup. But we see more 316/318/320is on the road.

End of the day most important is the person buying it must appreciate, likes it and willing to put his money where it matters.

That's why IL6 FTW

(edited)

to me no V8 no talk la ... in my wet dream ...
in reality can only yam my E90 and F10 ... lol
lesson learnt that the money spent on YAM can jump straight to x35i liao

That's why IL6 FTW

Edited by Wt_know

to me no V8 no talk la ... in my wet dream ...

in reality can only yam my E90 and F10 ... lol

lesson learnt that the money spent on YAM can jump straight to x35i liao

In my wet dream, it must be IL6 x 2

M860

Then u must seriously try the new one, on paper its heavy and probably has a low hp/weight ratio.. but the damn car felt almost like a sports sedan. I also didnt expect much from it but it was above my expectations.. if only the price can come down alittle more haha.

U can throw the car out of a corner at 60-70km/h and it still handles so well.

Tested quite a few compact suvs already.

Remembered u drove your dad's X5 for a while....u sure u will be happy with a 2.0?

Only 135kw with 290Nm, will be a drag if fully loaded with passengers & luggages (on road trip).

Remembered u drove your dad's X5 for a while....u sure u will be happy with a 2.0?

Only 135kw with 290Nm, will be a drag if fully loaded with passengers & luggages (on road trip).

The x5 is a chore to drive haha

Didnt like how it handles.. everytime want to go corner have to slow to 40km/h if not my body roll until jurong

In my wet dream, it must be IL6 x 2

M860

That day gt 1 “M7” emblem with full M sport kit waiting outside when i was test driving.. v12 emblem at the side ftw! $680k wtffff

Perf munich car.. real deal!

finally see some action on this thread....

ordered a X3 M-Sport 30i way back on 1st Jan....still wating for delivery...managed to secure my COE last month

What is the promo for 20i?

• Praise 1

That day gt 1 “M7” emblem with full M sport kit waiting outside when i was test driving.. v12 emblem at the side ftw! $680k wtffff

Perf munich car.. real deal!

M760 uses the same engine as RR Ghost/Wraith/Dawn with higher output.

Supercharged

ordered a X3 M-Sport 30i way back on 1st Jan....still wating for delivery...managed to secure my COE last month

6 month wait???

You do custom indent features right

• Praise 1

Wow! U really can wait that long.

Sdrive20 - $212,800. 5k overtrade for trade in. 5yrs warranty + 5yrs free servicing. 2.28% int rate instead of 2.68%

• Praise 1

(edited)

6 month wait???

You do custom indent features right

Not really...when I order in Jan, the sale told me that i missed the Dec production run so have to wait for the April production schedule. They do have the typical white, black and etc....but me and wife like the phytonic blue with cognac leather combo...so decided to wait since I have a car to drive and in no specific hurry...So while waiting, I added in DDC and rear manual sun shade. 

Sdrive20 - $212,800. 5k overtrade for trade in. 5yrs warranty + 5yrs free servicing. 2.28% int rate instead of 2.68%

oic. Thanks for the info.

Edited by Mystream
  • Praise 2

30i M sport is only cosmetic enhancement...with M sport brake, m sport suspension, HUD, M Sport steering wheel and a few other things more. Engine is the same with regular xline 30i

These enhancements not cheap to ownself do outside.. best to come as factory fitted.

Supercharged

Not really...when I order in Jan, the sale told me that i missed the Dec production run so have to wait for the April production schedule. They do have the typical white, black and etc....but me and wife like the phytonic blue with cognac leather combo...so decided to wait since I have a car to drive and in no specific hurry...So while waiting, I added in DDC and rear manual sun shade. 

So your standard MSport order while waiting, can still add in custom factory features like a special indent order? Can share how much was the DDC (adaptive suspension) add-on?

• Praise 1

Seems like price is on par with the GLC200 which is quite bare in terms of gadgets. 

The GLC200 does even comes with a factory fitted GPS system.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1