Unreliable AD komoco

Terratoss

Hi all, thinking of whether I should sign up for komoco's 2 yr package (at $988 if i'm not wrong), or whether I should go find a workshop to maintain my 1.5 yr old elantra... seems like the feedback here shows that komoco is not too good :(

Hi,

It is still up to individual expectation as to what you need.

I'd been servicing my car with Hyundai AD since I got a car from them.

Just 2 week ago, I was at a accessories at First Centre to install some voltage stabilizer.

Saw Liqui Moly oil selling in this shop and asked if they do oil change and service.

Told me yes and cost $130(including Japan oil filter(which I'd never heard of the brand).

What I noticed was that they just change Liquid Moly oil and Japan filter I purchased.

No other checks.

Besides, the service guy kept plastering me to do Aircon flush which cost $125.

With the oil change service, I'm entitled to a discount rate at $85 which I did not took it up.

But if the service is done in Hyundai AD, they will have 32 points checked.

From this experience, i told myself that this is not what I want and will never come back here again.

(It's just not what I expected)

So, it all depends to what we expect and the amount spent is it worth the while where safety is a concern.

Just sharing my experience.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

AD 28 points checks.. On paper only. Yr car in the service bay.. U cant see it oso.

Service report print out swee swee.. No garantee all checks done oso.. Haha

Hahaha...

I do agree with you that we can't see it also if AD checked 28 points. No doubt. It's a gamble.

During my previous send in to AD for 50K servicing, the back registration light blow(which I did not inform the Service Adviser), the bulb was changed when I paid up.

So, It's still up to individual expectation need.

AD 28 points checks.. On paper only. Yr car in the service bay.. U cant see it oso.

Service report print out swee swee.. No garantee all checks done oso.. Haha

But if anything were to go wrong. U can use the record and challenge them.

I did that before.

And usually they will be speechless.

Hahaha...

I do agree with you that we can't see it also if AD checked 28 points. No doubt. It's a gamble.

During my previous send in to AD for 50K servicing, the back registration light blow(which I did not inform the Service Adviser), the bulb was changed when I paid up.

So, It's still up to individual expectation need.

AD still pick out even small malfunctions e.g. undetected blown bulbs. Once they even plugged a (not deflated yet) tyre with a nail puncture - which I was not even aware of. Kudos man!

Having owned a PI car early last decade, I continue to swear at these “outside” fcuk up Beng workshops

AD still pick out even small malfunctions e.g. undetected blown bulbs. Once they even plugged a (not deflated yet) tyre with a nail puncture - which I was not even aware of. Kudos man!

Having owned a PI car early last decade, I continue to swear at these âoutsideâ fcuk up Beng workshops ðð¼

You send you car to these Bengs for servicing, they ask you what you want to do first and they will do only what you tell them.

Nothing more.

No check list, to xx-point checks, no preventive maintenance.

They seem to believe in fire fighting only ... you pay money for them to repair, or replace, when things go wrong, or kaput ðð¼

You went to those lousy beng shops. Many good and competent shops out there
  • Praise 1

It's still a grey area. Unless you have the time and effort to take it to the authorities if they do not honour the warranty.....not so simple

How can shell oil if get outside still be selling at 118?

Thats what they said but I think the price quoted is their selling price if someone will to buy EO from them.

It makes no sense to buy oil from them. So expensive......

Definitely. I still can wait for promo & senior citizen disc 3%(from my dad of course [laugh] ) from giant. The best promo i saw so far from giant for shell helix ultra is $29+.

dont waste time. get your car service outside if komoco is that unreliable. parts warranty just go back to them. they have to honour. now that warranty for new cars is already lifted.

Hi all,

my hyundai elantra has reached it's free servicing at 2.25 years. My experience with them isn't that good as they always try to evade changing parts that are showing signs of fault.

I understand that if I don't service with them, they might or will by all means find reasons not to replace parts if breakdown during warranty period. Their service packages and workmanship is not up to standard as an AD as well.

Anyone has just brought their cars to service elsewhere when car still under warranty?

Looks like you still servicing at Komoco despite being unhappy with them

dont waste time. get your car service outside if komoco is that unreliable. parts warranty just go back to them. they have to honour. now that warranty for new cars is already lifted.

Yes I want to do that but there is still a grey area to it.

Looks like you still servicing at Komoco despite being unhappy with them

Yes, because I still have free servicing with them previously. I just finished the last one at oct 2017. Im now weighing the possible complications if I will to service outside and need come back for any warranty claims. AD sure will have many pattern to push claims away. If car no more warranty, the choice will be a no brainer.

what is so "grey" about this area? 

you may want to read this post:-

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2706922-now-ads-cannot-void-your-warranty/page-16

it is a discussion about CCS getting the ADs to lift their warranty validity restriction.

My concerns are shared with many members who think likewise. Maybe you would like to share what was yr experience and any tips and tricks when u svc car outside and need to claims warranty for parts that were in connection with the svc outside or not? I would really appreciate that as im caught at this juncture as well.

Edited by Terratoss

you may want to read this post:-

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2706922-now-ads-cannot-void-your-warranty/page-16

it is a discussion about CCS getting the ADs to lift their warranty validity restriction.

My concerns are shared with many members who think likewise. Maybe you would like to share what was yr experience and any tips and tricks when u svc car outside and need to claims warranty for parts that were in connection with the svc outside or not? I would really appreciate that as im caught at this juncture as well.

If it's shared here and AD knows these tips and tricks, then it will no longer be useful when used on them

If it's shared here and AD knows these tips and tricks, then it will no longer be useful when used on them

Well Roger, MCF have PM function dont they?  [;)]