Unreliable AD komoco

Terratoss

The trouble with some ADs who have expanded too fast is that the servicing centre just canât cope with the no. Of cars being put out as a lot of ADs are loathe to expand their service centre as a lot of $ required to beef up manpower and equipment. VW and Mazda had this issue not too Long ago and I see Komoco facing this as well as they have been very aggressive in their sales recently.

I believe their elantra sales will make matters worse. Still one main service centre. The small one at kembangang is only doing simple servicing. I went to Komoco. Hyundai Taxis, vans, cars all serviced under one roof. There is also the Chrysler models serviced by them also . Believe their service centre is packed as hell on weekdays. Weekends dun even mention. Capable of giving quality works? Let the Hyundai owners comment better

I believe their elantra sales will make matters worse. Still one main service centre. The small one at kembangang is only doing simple servicing. I went to Komoco. Hyundai Taxis, vans, cars all serviced under one roof. There is also the Chrysler models serviced by them also . Believe their service centre is packed as hell on weekdays. Weekends dun even mention. Capable of giving quality works? Let the Hyundai owners comment better

I agree with you.

Some people argue that servicing is only done once every 4 months. So what's the big deal.

If people had tried VW. Mazda servicing during their heydays. They will understand the frustration.

Wait 2 months for a slot. And the slot is a period u dislike. When it finally arrives u might have urgent matters. Need to reschedule also difficult.

I'm a sucker for convenience.

1 main service centre for so many bread n butter cars is a challenge for me.

I agree with you.

Some people argue that servicing is only done once every 4 months. So what's the big deal.

If people had tried VW. Mazda servicing during their heydays. They will understand the frustration.

Wait 2 months for a slot. And the slot is a period u dislike. When it finally arrives u might have urgent matters. Need to reschedule also difficult.

I'm a sucker for convenience.

1 main service centre for so many bread n butter cars is a challenge for me.

Many people do not consider this when buying Hyundai. What if car have issues and I live in jurong? Not very convenient for me. Even if I dun mind the effort driving there, how about the quality of the troubleshooting , diagnosis and repair? Can we expect much when all the mechs are so tied up? People mantra is Hyundai offers good value for money. Let's buy. This I agree. However i feel Hyundai Korea is let down by a not so competent agent in Singapore

Many people do not consider this when buying Hyundai. What if car have issues and I live in jurong? Not very convenient for me. Even if I dun mind the effort driving there, how about the quality of the troubleshooting , diagnosis and repair? Can we expect much when all the mechs are so tied up? People mantra is Hyundai offers good value for money. Let's buy. This I agree. However i feel Hyundai Korea is let down by a not so competent agent in Singapore

Nothing can save you if you stay in jurong, haha......Car servicing is twice a year only. Part and parcel of car ownership so got to do it. Else stay far from service centre means don't need do servicing?

When I book my servicing, I will choose dates away from public holidays as it gets crowded. Typically I pick tues as komoco is open until late. On servicing day, head out of house earlier to drop off the car, then eat their free breakfast there before grab/uber to office. I try to collect by latest 7.30 before it becomes ghost town. Once I reached at 8pm, only 1 CSO and 1 mechanic left, they took 30 minutes to find my car.

Nothing can save you if you stay in jurong, haha......Car servicing is twice a year only. Part and parcel of car ownership so got to do it. Else stay far from service centre means don't need do servicing?

When I book my servicing, I will choose dates away from public holidays as it gets crowded. Typically I pick tues as komoco is open until late. On servicing day, head out of house earlier to drop off the car, then eat their free breakfast there before grab/uber to office. I try to collect by latest 7.30 before it becomes ghost town. Once I reached at 8pm, only 1 CSO and 1 mechanic left, they took 30 minutes to find my car.

30 minutes?

Sometimes even you service your car outside those workshop, also might be crowded. Anyway, how come they never parked your car at the collection area once they have finished servicing? And need to take 30 mins to find?

Sometimes even you service your car outside those workshop, also might be crowded. Anyway, how come they never parked your car at the collection area once they have finished servicing? And need to take 30 mins to find?

Collection area is just next to the waiting area. Mystery as to why it takes 30 mins

Collection area is just next to the waiting area. Mystery as to why it takes 30 mins

Maybe the collection area was full, so they parked my car elsewhere. Then, the guy who parked it already left for the day. So the last mechanic left probably walked all around checking all the usual parking spots before he found it. 

I've in total bought 3 Hyundai cars from Komoco.

I only visited them for the 1st free service and then that was it.

I actually saved much more money and time this way.

I can tell you, parts never spoil one on Hyundai.

Even if it is faulty , they are just wear and tear parts which are not covered by warranty.

Worst case if your warranty lapse or void, so what ?

Just buy your own and replace outside.

It's still going to cost less in the full life span of that car you will be driving.

Imagine you go Komoco to service, each service say ( I estimate ) $150 every 10,000 km

Compare that to my service at $60 every 7,000 km at outside workshop

At mileage of

200,000 km Komoco = $3,000, Outside = $1,700

You already had $1,300 to play around, for major repair, for upgrades, etc

At shorter mileage where it still haven't breaks even at 100,000 km

Komoco = $1,500, Outside = $850

At even shorter ownership, say 60,000 km

Komoco = $900, Outside  $520

If you read my math, you can understand fully why I risked to void my warrantywithin my first month of each of my new Hyundai .. because 60,000 km mileage, considered a very short mileage for a car, you still save a few hundred dollars easily.

And to reach 100,000 km, your warranty will had expired anyway... so financially you won't benefit a single cent from warranty packages. Just take my advice and go outside.

Support the workshop boss' or workers' family, not corporates bank account.

Edited by carloverguy2017
  • Praise 1

Even if it is faulty , they are just wear and tear parts which are not covered by warranty.

It's still going to cost less in the full life span of that car you will be driving.

Imagine you go Komoco to service, each service say ( I estimate ) $150 every 10,000 km

At mileage of

Komoco = $900, Outside  $520

If you read my math, you can understand fully why I risked to void my warrantywithin my first month of each of my new Hyundai .. because 60,000 km mileage, considered a very short mileage for a car, you still save a few hundred dollars easily.

And to reach 100,000 km, your warranty will had expired anyway... so financially you won't benefit a single cent from warranty packages. Just take my advice and go outside.

Sound like komoco didnt give u much free svc when u gotten the car? Mine has 1st 3 years or till 80,000 km free svc. No point for me to not take that up 1st before going elsewhere.

I 101% agree with u that svc outside is definitely more cost effective than doing it with them.

How was the experience when you svc outside and had parts to claim warranty for?

So where can I go to get this $60 service package ? Thanks .

• Praise 1

What does this 60 dollars package consist of?

i am also usually following the 60 to 75 dollar package for the past 6 - 7 yrs. The package usually consists of eng oil + filter and top-up of any additional oil. Search for sgcarmart market place for service package. Even worse, i buy my own oil and filter and ask the workshop to change it. During that will ask them to check normal visible inspection things, pay only 20 to 30 $ to workshop.

• Praise 1

At mileage of

Komoco = $900, Outside $520

Kosovo has offered me to sign up 2 years service plan with them when my car reach 5 years.

The package warranty gear box and engine for the 2 years.

Is it worth to sign up?

You talked so much then why u still buy Kona?
  • Praise 2