Unreliable AD komoco

Terratoss

Which adviser is not the issue. It is the mechanics who are tasked to troubleshoot the problems. Unreliable. Must escalate the case to higher ups then special attention will be given to yr car. Even so, there were doubts with the skills of the mechanics.

Best advisor tagged with lousy mechs also problematic. Best is can choose the mechs
↡ Advertisement

Best advisor tagged with lousy mechs also problematic. Best is can choose the mechs

choose mech? how do consumers like us know which mech is good? it pays to know a good mechanic leh.. not by going one or 2 time you know the mech is good. moreover AD mechanics dont show face.

Neutral Newbie

My experience with Komoco was mixed.

Initially before buy, v nice. Bought, still nice.

Then when it came to delivery, problem lai liao... SE was noncommittal initially, and until i pushed for a firm date as I wanted to sell off my approaching-expiry car (since Komoco doesn't do overtrade). After shipment arrived, started registering, then she confirmed a range of date 24-25 Apr (Mon-Tue). i had bought and secured COE way back in Feb, and later shared my experience with a bro here and he bought it one COE round later. Ended up he got the car (same model/colour) before me. I was asking my SE and she just said it's their scheduling...

In any case, i arranged to handover my car on 26 Apr, giving one day's buffer, and on 24 Apr, she told me it's nowhere near and likely to be end of the week (27 or 28 Apr). I was so upset and almost scream at her, but kept my cool. Kept on pestering and i could sense from her msgs that she's also buay tahan me already. But finally managed to deliver the car on 26 Apr, just after i handed over my old car.

So it became not so nice anymore.

Then later I found that the HP 2-channel car cam shows left/right inverted images/videos for the rear cam. When i brought up, they didn't even know of it yet. Complained for 3 wks, then the initially very enthusiastic quality service manager said nothing can be done, and they will feedback to management, and seek my understanding.

Became very not nice already...

Can hint what is the name alphabet start w of she??

How long is the car collection process?

Quite long.

But i don't buy new cars very often, so might not be well-placed to comment for sure. Just that compared to 3 other new cars i bought previously, KMC took very long.

Neutral Newbie

Quite long.

But i don't buy new cars very often, so might not be well-placed to comment for sure. Just that compared to 3 other new cars i bought previously, KMC took very long.

Long as in waiting time or the process of hand over the car and paper works?

Long as in waiting time or the process of hand over the car and paper works?

no stock when i signed, so we knew had to wait. But after shipment arrived, still had to wait for about 10 days for registration, do up the car (cam, touch up, etc.)...

And it dragged a bit. even after commiting to date...

Alexandra SC should be yes, Kembangan SC no cos you can see everything that they are doing.

Does komoco still remove the camera cable so that owners cannot see what they did upstairs?

i always go Kembangan for servicing as it is nearer to my place. I did ask for steering wheel alignment and they did it. I think they have more servicing then just tyre, oil change... 

for those major part changes it is still Alexander workshop.

share my experience with outside workshop vs AD,

1) i always like to stay around to make sure the work is done to be safe. But i never have issue with AD workshop from nissan to Hyundai. Anyway problem i just go back and they take a look without much question.

2) Cost:

Outside price 4 litre good quality EO $60 to $70 (buy urself), EO change service $30 - 40, Tyre rotation 10-20

AD price 988 for 4 time, roughly 250 each time, no worry on their service. parts mostly free except wear and tear parts (some parts is free if i am not wrong). on top of the item i mention above, it oso include Clean engine bay, car wash. Air con duct cleaning. 

3) i not sure about hyundai, i got once have issue with my main fan coil unit with my nissan car on sat late morning. My car was almost 2.5 yr old. i immediate call up nissan and went into their workshop after lunch time which their workshop is almost closing. they immediately change my fan coil unit and handover the car in 2 hours for free. no question ask.

bottomline on my exp, if you want cost saving of cos outside. but if you want put car and run off, maybe AD workshop is better.

Edited by Devilcup

i always go Kembangan for servicing as it is nearer to my place. I did ask for steering wheel alignment and they did it. I think they have more servicing then just tyre, oil change... 

for those major part changes it is still Alexander workshop.

share my experience with outside workshop vs AD,

1) i always like to stay around to make sure the work is done to be safe. But i never have issue with AD workshop from nissan to Hyundai. Anyway problem i just go back and they take a look without much question.

2) Cost:

Outside price 4 litre good quality EO $60 to $70 (buy urself), EO change service $30 - 40, Tyre rotation 10-20

AD price 988 for 4 time, roughly 250 each time, no worry on their service. parts mostly free except wear and tear parts (some parts is free if i am not wrong). on top of the item i mention above, it oso include Clean engine bay, car wash. Air con duct cleaning. 

3) i not sure about hyundai, i got once have issue with my main fan coil unit with my nissan car on sat late morning. My car was almost 2.5 yr old. i immediate call up nissan and went into their workshop after lunch time which their workshop is almost closing. they immediately change my fan coil unit and handover the car in 2 hours for free. no question ask.

bottomline on my exp, if you want cost saving of cos outside. but if you want put car and run off, maybe AD workshop is better.

Did they charged you for the steering wheel alignment?