Lated 3rd party insurance claim

Ahbengdriver

Dear MCFer brudders n sysders,  like to hear some opinions and advices.

My sister(real one) was involved in a minor accident some 7 to 8 months ago, lightly rear ended the other car and dented his bumper.  She lodged her accident report promptly at that time within 24 hours with A##.  But nothing happened since.  By the way, she has since scrapped the car and A## had also since refunded her unused insurance premium balance.

Heres the thing. This morning(after 7 to 8 months) she received a letter from A## saying that a 3rd claim has been made against her, and is asking for details.

Question - is she liable still? since the 3rd party did not respond all this while.  Is this something for A## to sort out with the other side?  I mean, how do we know that the other party did not now try to inflate damages claim or claim for things that are over n above n not related to the accident 7 months ago?  IS A## so stupid or is there a case here.

Edited by Ahbengdriver
↡ Advertisement

yes she is still liable for the claim. the property claim can be submitted within 6 years after accident date as informed by the insurance company. I guess the other party has already gone to a workshop and informed your sis's insurance company for surveying within 3 days of the accident. i presume the other party did not submit any property claim till now

i know cos I am currently involved in such a claim process myself now...accident in May 2017..... 

Since ur sis file alreadi within 24hours or the next working day there shldnt be a problem for her. Even have inflated claims A** muz protect her cos she declared it. A** might even choose to discount the claim made by the otr driver.

If ur sister has retained tt copy of the report she made at A**, she can prove it. A** can do nth to her.

The only problem is by hw much wld ur sis premium go up if she wanna gt a car.

I ever Kenna one crazy fella onli made the claim against my boss tipper truck after a year. The driver no longer in Spore and that truck scraped. But heng the report and evidence gt kp a copy. So not much problem for the insurer to represent us

Edited by alex976

my sis had since bot a new car, insured under A## as well..kekeke but with full 50 % NCB.  Does it mean that if the claim goes thru, her next(as in 1 year later) insurance renewal will be affected and losses some of her NCB ?

my sis had since bot a new car, insured under A## as well..kekeke but with full 50 % NCB.  Does it mean that if the claim goes thru, her next(as in 1 year later) insurance renewal will be affected and losses some of her NCB ?

Yes.

But it's expected isn't it? She rear ended someone (presumably her fault), didn't arrange a private settlement so the expectation is that the other person is going to claim against her. 

She already made a report so she is at least covered against the claim but her NCD will definitely go.

Yes.

But it's expected isn't it? She rear ended someone (presumably her fault), didn't arrange a private settlement so the expectation is that the other person is going to claim against her. 

She already made a report so she is at least covered against the claim but her NCD will definitely go.

weirdo 3rd party said its a 'company car' so cannot pte settle, must lodge claim.....strange people in this age and time.  Haigh.

weirdo 3rd party said its a 'company car' so cannot pte settle, must lodge claim.....strange people in this age and time.  Haigh.

TBH not weird at all.

By not going for private claim, all he has to do is go back and report to the company that he was rear ended and not his fault then the company HR or leasing company will facilitate the repair and claim. He might have to sign the report though.

But if he does a private settlement.... he will have to hold a lot of responsibility and the company might think he is trying to cover up.

Nothing wrong. @Kusje is right.

If somebody rear ended my company's vehicle which I am driving, I will definitely make report to my company admin dept.

Why need to put myself through unnecessary risk by accepting private settlement proposal from other party?

And if I accept the private settlement proposal and found out by the company or insurer, insurer might void the insurance cover and I might get sacked.

Think about it from the employee's point of view then you will understand.

Edit: and I believe the claim took so long because of the many many red tape and paperwork that the company has internally and with the insurer.

Edited by Beehive3783

Nothing unusual. I had one claim against me more than a year after the incident. Lucky I kept all the reports, photos etc. Went back and provided all the details to insurance company's lawyer and the idiot has to pay his own damage - he dashed out from a side lane without stopping at the stop line and blamed me for driving fast!

My car only had a broken front license plate and his whole left Side has a Long scratch/dent. Sucker must have been talked into a workshop to file 3rd party claim to try his luck

Nothing unusual. I had one claim against me more than a year after the incident. Lucky I kept all the reports, photos etc. Went back and provided all the details to insurance company's lawyer and the idiot has to pay his own damage - he dashed out from a side lane without stopping at the stop line and blamed me for driving fast!

My car only had a broken front license plate and his whole left Side has a Long scratch/dent. Sucker must have been talked into a workshop to file 3rd party claim to try his luck.

Most stupid thing is the driver behind him agreed to be my witness and confirmed that he was speeding and did not stop at stop line. Immediately after the accident, I did not bother to talk to the driver. QUickly asked the driver behind to agree to be witness and got his Hp number And quickly took lots of photos of the stop line on the side lane.

Lawyer also bewildered about the claim. Wondering what possessed the guy to file a claim when it's clearly his fault.

Edited by Loki

thx all.  Lets see how it goes from here.  Yes likely my sis NCB will be affected next year.

She was told the other side(who had only a slightly dented rear bumper) filed a claim for $10,000 !!!

Wow...maybe HaLeeMah can do something about the motro insurance industry practices after stepping in.  Its like wild wild west out there.

thx all.  Lets see how it goes from here.  Yes likely my sis NCB will be affected next year.

She was told the other side(who had only a slightly dented rear bumper) filed a claim for $10,000 !!!

Wow...maybe HaLeeMah can do something about the motro insurance industry practices after stepping in.  Its like wild wild west out there.

was the claimant driving a high-end conti car? or any injury claim?

I'm sure that includes lost of earnings since you said it's a company vehicle.

Most likely rental car or private hire.