Honda Vezel - Part 3

Lightsabre

5th Gear

New brv kena like that... Malaysia?

yes, it is in Malaysia. can't tell the different between brv, hrv and vezel, they look all the same to me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

have a quick question for the more experienced guys..

recently I went for a servicing, and the workshop suggested for me to change my battery.

the mechanic checked the battery on some meter, and showed me that the CCA was 325.

he said below 330CCA need to change already.

being an inexperienced fella in this aspect, I went with the flow.

my car was bought in august 2015, mileage 15000km.

have a car camera that uses an auto cut-off function when it senses battery voltage past a certain point.

now, the question is, was the recommendation to change battery correct?

what is the range at which a battery is:

1. good to keep,

2. can keep at own risk,

3. or need to replace?

I felt a bit of doubt, as I have not encountered any battery related issues as yet.

thanks in advance.

Very low mileage. Wow i collected in April 2016 and hitting 30k soon..

Ok back to battery. Coming to two years yes likely need to change. Also do you drive on daily basis or park for weeks than drive for a short distance given your low mileage. It play a part on your batt life span as well.

• Praise 2

have a quick question for the more experienced guys..

recently I went for a servicing, and the workshop suggested for me to change my battery.

the mechanic checked the battery on some meter, and showed me that the CCA was 325.

he said below 330CCA need to change already.

being an inexperienced fella in this aspect, I went with the flow.

my car was bought in august 2015, mileage 15000km.

have a car camera that uses an auto cut-off function when it senses battery voltage past a certain point.

now, the question is, was the recommendation to change battery correct?

what is the range at which a battery is:

1. good to keep,

2. can keep at own risk, 

3. or need to replace?

I felt a bit of doubt, as I have not encountered any battery related issues as yet.

thanks in advance.

how much they want to charge for battery?

battery coming to 2 years.. just change..

buy car is for the convenience... why want to save that 100+ and get yourself with a stuck car... 

Very low mileage. Wow i collected in April 2016 and hitting 30k soon..

Ok back to battery. Coming to two years yes likely need to change. Also do you drive on daily basis or park for weeks than drive for a short distance given your low mileage. It play a part on your batt life span as well.

I drive almost everyday, but mostly short trips.

how much they want to charge for battery?

battery coming to 2 years.. just change..

buy car is for the convenience... why want to save that 100+ and get yourself with a stuck car... 

new battery for $130.

not that I was trying to save the $100++, as I went with the recommendation n changed it anyway.

but i'm just curious.. as everyone's usage is different.

so if u change it at around 2 years, it doesn't mean that I should also change it at around 2 years right?

mileage, type of driving etc can vary quite a bit.

so was wondering if anyone had a more technical way of determining whether or not the battery should be changed..

if not everytime I just rely on wat the mechanic says, makes me feel very vulnerable to being carroted. haha..

(edited)

I usually pay attention when I crank. I guess most ppl does, if it takes longer to crank, then you want to check the battery.

The other thing I do is that I will monitor the voltage of the battery. Some guys install volt meter. I just use a multimeter from work.

Last year (May 2016) I measured 12.4v with engine off (on a Sunday morning, so was parked overnight) and 14.2 with engine idling. I should check this month.

My last car, I drove monthly up north (to B Pahut). Always cruise at 110km, occasionally go to 120~130 for overtaking. The battery lasted 3 years, so I feel that it is true that if we drive long distance for long time, the battery are better charged and have a longer life span.

Edited by w7_lee
  • Praise 1

An avg lifespan of a battery is around 2 years, if lucky can stretch 3 years if engine is always kept cool ie driving on highway is cooler than driving in a city with lots of stop/go. One way to test the battery is to leave your interior ceiling lights on before you start the car.

While cranking the car, check how dim the lights go...if still bright , batt is good. If it dims a lot, time to change your battery. 

Also cars with battery in the engine compartment gets heated up fast and that will shorten the life of battery. Conti cars which have their batteries hidden in the boot normally has batteries that can last 4-5 years as the batteries are in a cool environment.

A car battery takes around 1 hour to be fully charged. So lots of short distance driving will drain the battery and shorten the life span.

Always good to have a good battery as it is very inconvenient when the battery dies on you when you are in a rush. The cost is a lot more....than getting a new batt.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

I drive almost everyday, but mostly short trips.

new battery for $130.

not that I was trying to save the $100++, as I went with the recommendation n changed it anyway.

but i'm just curious.. as everyone's usage is different.

so if u change it at around 2 years, it doesn't mean that I should also change it at around 2 years right?

mileage, type of driving etc can vary quite a bit.

so was wondering if anyone had a more technical way of determining whether or not the battery should be changed..

if not everytime I just rely on wat the mechanic says, makes me feel very vulnerable to being carroted. haha..

There is a tool to monitor batt level. O gotten the name.

130 should be around there.

Also two years life span should be there. Worst your on short trip mean less times for alternator to recharge your batt.

I usually pay attention when I crank. I guess most ppl does, if it takes longer to crank, then you want to check the battery.

The other thing I do is that I will monitor the voltage of the battery. Some guys install volt meter. I just use a multimeter from work.

Last year (May 2016) I measured 12.4v with engine off (on a Sunday morning, so was parked overnight) and 14.2 with engine idling. I should check this month.

My last car, I drove monthly up north (to B Pahut). Always cruise at 110km, occasionally go to 120~130 for overtaking. The battery lasted 3 years, so I feel that it is true that if we drive long distance for long time, the battery are better charged and have a longer life span.

Vezel push start i doubt you can crank. Haha old school using key one can judge whether batt weak.

Vezel push start i doubt you can crank. Haha old school using key one can judge whether batt weak.

Yeah with push start, we don't have a key to turn. I have not have to face this problem yet but I think maybe with a weak battery, when we push the start button, the cranking of the engine could take longer before the engine start.

• Praise 1

have queries for hybrid owners:

when car move from standstill, is it using the battery or engine? when does engine cuts in? 

Any concern about creeping using DCT? 

read about jerkiness when going up car park. what is this about? 

TIA.

• Praise 1

The speed of the car going straight would have resulted in most Suvs flipping over I think... Imagine if it was a sedan, the car would have absorbed most of the impact instead of converting the extra energy from the inertia to cause the flip

The speed of the car going straight would have resulted in most Suvs flipping over I think... Imagine if it was a sedan, the car would have absorbed most of the impact instead of converting the extra energy from the inertia to cause the flip

Dear all, can anyone advise ? Some of the vezel window backseat is tinted and ready make without using any solar film. And some of them need to use solar film on the backseat window. Please advise which is the newer generation for vezel?
  • Praise 1

Dear all, can anyone advise ? Some of the vezel window backseat is tinted and ready make without using any solar film. And some of them need to use solar film on the backseat window. Please advise which is the newer generation for vezel?

Those that are black and pass LTA testing are the older models.

All the hybrid versions require the removal of the original dark black windows n replaced with clear windows.

• Praise 1

Thanks Lan, looking for vezel x model. Comparing between CHR and vezel. So meaning to say with black window is a old model and I am looking for x model wothout hybrid.

• Praise 1

Hi guys, a friend just bought a vezel hybrid 2 weeks ago.

The car would sudden lost power while cruising (foot on accelerator pedal)

He required to release pedal and re-accelerate again.

Any advice on what could happen?

Thanks

• Praise 1

Thanks Lan, looking for vezel x model. Comparing between CHR and vezel. So meaning to say with black window is a old model and I am looking for x model wothout hybrid.

Easier to just get the chassis number and check date of manufacture here https://jpcenter.ru/month

Hi guys, a friend just bought a vezel hybrid 2 weeks ago.

The car would sudden lost power while cruising (foot on accelerator pedal)

He required to release pedal and re-accelerate again.

Any advice on what could happen?

Thanks

Here is the reason it loss power

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1