Honda Vezel - Part 3

Lightsabre

Somebody out there is holding on to limited replacement parts for Vezel to sell. Hence, the suppliers are more willing to sell parts to these people who offer higher price than PIs. You may be able to find the parts selling at $500plus but most probably your PI will only reimburse you $300plus for your own replacement outside. So either you suck thumb making a loss of $200 or you wait patiently for the part orders to come.

• Praise 1

What is the code sequence to disable the auto engine shut down/start up feature in the Vezel?

I hate it that that sometimes I forget to disable it manually after starting the engine.

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Hi guys, is there anything to look out or request for during the 1k servicing? thanks in advance!

It is a visual inspection. If there is any problem to highlight, better to go for day servicing rather than evening servicing. There are no Engineers around for evening servicing.

You get a car wash and vacuum thrown in.

• Praise 1

Recently quite a number of vezels flipping on the slightest impact. Due to the higher cg causing an imbalance?

Yes, SUVs can easy flip due to the higher CG. As there are a lot of Vezels on the road, so you'll tends to read more news about vezel flipping than other cars.

Edited by Leo72

Tmall is selling, try this link.

https://world.tmall.com/item/531528003012.htm?id=531528003012&ali_refid=a3_430618_1006:1110660627:N:缤智改装:d902a7634b2ad4c61bc26df55cc35240&ali_trackid=1_d902a7634b2ad4c61bc26df55cc35240&spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.oel55X

I did not install either cos I got use to the routine of start engine, on radio, off start/stop feature 

Edited by w7_lee

explain why this feature is bad.

Maybe u explain why this feature is good.

explain why this feature is bad.

easy. It saves fuel.

I drove an Opel in the UK with such a function and I love it. The engine stops when the car stops and the engine starts when I clutch in. Not bad a feature I would say.

It's such a good technology and I wish KM would have more cars installed with it. Luckily the Honda PCX 150 is one of the first bikes that have this technology. moyorcyclist going into JB would have enjoyed a much cleaner air.

Not sure how the vezel works. Given a choice I would want to use it instead of not having it installed in the first place.

Same for Eco mode. My car also don't have. Only got sports mode and paddle shifter which was rarely used. In fact I only use it twice to check whether it works or not.

Given a choice yes I would like the Eco mode and idle stop function on my jazz. Too bad KM thinks it's useless.

• Praise 1

To each their own I guess. Some people find the engine cut in/out quite obvious and irritating.

For me I realise that hybrid cars seem to have a much smoother transition as compared to petrol/diesel cars.

• Praise 2

easy. It saves fuel.

I drove an Opel in the UK with such a function and I love it. The engine stops when the car stops and the engine starts when I clutch in. Not bad a feature I would say.

It's such a good technology and I wish KM would have more cars installed with it. Luckily the Honda PCX 150 is one of the first bikes that have this technology. moyorcyclist going into JB would have enjoyed a much cleaner air.

Not sure how the vezel works. Given a choice I would want to use it instead of not having it installed in the first place.

Same for Eco mode. My car also don't have. Only got sports mode and paddle shifter which was rarely used. In fact I only use it twice to check whether it works or not.

Given a choice yes I would like the Eco mode and idle stop function on my jazz. Too bad KM thinks it's useless.

not many like this discussion. From waste time to spoiling the engine, alternator, reduce the lifespan of the battery to does noting but irritate when the engine cut off just when u want to move off to vibration of the start up.

The only car right now that Die die has to have the start stop not disable is the Jag XE as the idling vibration is really CMI.

my freind also like this feature [thumbsup] , but after changing the 1st battery, he asked me how to disable it.  [laugh] 

easy. It saves fuel.

Actually I really not keen to waste time on this. But here we go:

The reasons why this feature is bad:

1) the car would need special high current battery easily costing $300, vs $150 for those cars without.

2) battery would under undue stress when have to provide current for whole car when the engine is off, thus shortening lifespan. This is worse for those who have powerful ICE.

3) frequent start-stop of engine will reduce lifespan of all ignition parts and spark plugs,

4) car will jerk or vibrate when the start-stop is in action, irritating. Bad driving experience.

5) when you stop the car at junction and the engine stop while you wait for right timing to turn, it will have delay to start engine and move off. Have been caught a few times when first handle this type of car. So bad that have to turn the feature off after starting the car.

There is a reason why there is such a product to auto disable this feature upon starting engine. It pisses off enough people such that there is a market for it. And the touted fuel saving is actually just myth lah. I would think it is more than offsetted by the parts tear-and-wear listed aove plus the special battery requirement.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1