Honda Vezel - Part 3

Lightsabre

Hi, I am on my first car Mazda 3.

Intend to change car. And interested in either Vezel, Qashqai, Tucson or Carens. I am not affected by the technical specs as I am a slow driver. Just want to have the car that I feel nice in apperance and the driver interface features.

I am in a dilemma whether to stick to Jap or switch to a Korean. Kinda feel like Japs is somehow still superior versus the Koreans. If I take a Korean is like downgrading myself? (No offence, but only general hearsay that I observed among people around me)

I hope experts here could share your comments?

Hey bro

Some things for you to consider:

Why are you changing your car?

Issues with the car, want a different form factor, or just plain itchy?

The Mazda 3 is good car, handles well and suits you since you claim you are a slow driver. 

The SUV cars you shortlisted will handle quite differently as the CG is quite high. The MPV is also different, so you should test drive all of them then decide for yourself. Each model also has different trim levels and you have to get one which suits your budget as the basic trims are often deprived of a lot of those gadgets you desire..

↡ Advertisement

Recently, my 3.5 years Vezel front left wheel will emit and dull sound when i happened to brake slightly harder. Any bros can advice on this symptom?

• Praise 2

Guys, educate me, please. 

I dont understand why some people get an SUV/crossover and then zhnged it to make it look like a sportscar. 

:huh:

• Praise 3

Guys, educate me, please. 

I dont understand why some people get an SUV/crossover and then zhnged it to make it look like a sportscar. 

:huh:

They like it high and fast.  [laugh]

Hi, I am on my first car Mazda 3.

Intend to change car. And interested in either Vezel, Qashqai, Tucson or Carens. I am not affected by the technical specs as I am a slow driver. Just want to have the car that I feel nice in apperance and the driver interface features.

I am in a dilemma whether to stick to Jap or switch to a Korean. Kinda feel like Japs is somehow still superior versus the Koreans. If I take a Korean is like downgrading myself? (No offence, but only general hearsay that I observed among people around me)

I hope experts here could share your comments?

Firstly, is cost your factor? Bezel is obviously quite a nice car as there are so many out there. Servicing your vezel won't be a problem as most workshops will know how to. Only thing is Tucson is a heavy car and may be sluggish and don't forget that there is a 10K surcharge

Carens I thought is diesel? Want Korean should consider elantra or cerato

Qashqai not bad but nissan premium is very high

• Praise 2

Hi saw in sgcarmart the latest "normal" vezel is 1.5 X MY18 Honda Sensing ? What is its ves band? Why is it popular, is it because of price? For PI, starting from first servicing and first repair need to pay $? Go to a referred workshop for PI? Sorry new to car. Thanks.

Edited by assiak71
  • Praise 2

Hi saw in sgcarmart the latest "normal" vezel is 1.5 X MY18 Honda Sensing ? What is its ves band? Why is it popular, is it because of price? For PI, starting from first servicing and first repair need to pay $? Go to a referred workshop for PI? Sorry new to car. Thanks.

Normally you need to pay for servicing and go to their referred ws for servicing/warranty.

• Praise 1

Vezel MY18 is the one with the latest facelift.

It comes with both Sensing & Without Sensing [nod]

Price difference between the 2 is about S$2K.

Some PI give FOC 2 servicing i.e 1000km & 10000km ... while others give more [nod]

Most of the PI tied down with outside WS for the servicing maintenance & warranty [drivingcar]

IMHO, it is better to chose a reputable PI and do your own homework properly before committing [;)]

Always remember this saying 'Cheap doesn't means Good' but of course there are exceptions [laugh]

Edited by Mzrmazda3
  • Praise 1

Just made a deposit at Venture Cars..kinda think the sales service level dropped after that..any other bros have experience with them?

Noticed that they have quite a few gimmicks in marketing the car, which isn’t exactly the cheapest in the first place.

Hi, quite new to PI model. Can share differences between HR-V and Vezel ? There are so many models and PI out there, how u all choose ? Which PI more steady to go for ?

Hi, quite new to PI model. Can share differences between HR-V and Vezel ? There are so many models and PI out there, how u all choose ? Which PI more steady to go for ?

HRV sold by local agent Kah Motor.

Vezel Sold by PI.

HRV no sensing option at all.

Vezel have sensing option.

HRV lock door amber and buzzer light blink 3 times, unlock 1 time

Vezel lock door amber and buzzer blink 1 time, unlock 2 time

idk why got such difference but I noticed it lol

HRV DX versus LX

OMV: $19K vs $21k

(if you could only come out with 30% downpayment and like this car, the HRV DX is your only choice as Vezel most OMV is $22k+, which means 40% downpayment)

Airbag: 2 vs 6

Speaker: 4 vs 6

Head unit: non touch screen vs touch screen

Roof Rack: have vs no have

Paddle shifter: no have vs have

Vezel X

I have no idea why OMV is $22k and what it have.

It comes with up to 8 airbag.

Aircon have the Ion thing, HRV don't have.

• Praise 1

If i'm not wrong, the instrumental display of Vezel with Sensing is different from Vezel without Sensing & HRV [gossip] 

While for Vezel without sensing & HRV, their instrumental display is the same [nod]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

@gohsj89, thanks for the info, if buy vezel used car, any sign to look out for since many are in priv hire ? If buy new, which PI got good reputation to go to? The PI list for vezel is so Long, cluesless where to start.

If i'm not wrong, the instrumental display of Vezel with Sensing is different from Vezel without Sensing & HRV [gossip] 

While for Vezel without sensing & HRV, their instrumental display is the same [nod]

i realized that most of those sensing instrumental penal, in japanese lol. cannot change.

• Praise 1

@gohsj89, thanks for the info, if buy vezel used car, any sign to look out for since many are in priv hire ? If buy new, which PI got good reputation to go to? The PI list for vezel is so Long, cluesless where to start.

used vezel, i not sure how to comment.

workshop will be in a better position to advise you.

they check condition of parts & access if it's matching with the millage.

but in my opinion, if the following are inclusive, i will give it a miss :

1. no leather chair - most of LCR are non leather. but they can wrap new leather and bluff u say condition good.
  2. single din radio - most rental buy at the cheapest option, will not have touch screen
  3. japalang brand tyre - rental company don't bother to give you good tyre
  4. rim full of scratches - previous driver probably dented the lower arm.
  5. dirty boot and under boot - low millage car should be generally clean. most people don't check the boot when buying second hand car. (anyway just to note, this car don't come with spare tyre)
  6. rear left side passenger seems more loose than other door. rightfully, if it's not opened that much, it should be quite rigid. - pasenger always board via that door haha

paintwork too new - take precaution also. the condition was probably so bad that if they don't paint, they can't sell.

paintowork very bad - make sure the millage is moderately high.

and for this, i am not sure: ask the dealer to prove to you their transfer document. when a person sell car, it's temporary transferred to the dealer.

New unit: i think i shall not suggest as well. but i will prefer to go for big player with reasonable selling price.

i just bought a friend to Vincar to buy a new fit, because i have another friend who sell car there as well. and they are reputable in their market. other bigger player are like Leco, CarTimes, PrimeCar, Mayfair, SanHupBee, 

while you compare between dealer, you will compare the following:

1. selling price of course
  2. interest rate
  3. coe bidding package
  4. their in house workshop
  5. warranty clauses
  6. freebies
  7. deposit refund policy incase loan fail / coe fail
  8. delivery dates
  9. direct importer? (idk if this is necessary to compare, but there are people who say get car from direct importer idk why)

anyway, most HRV are not private hire.

i am pretty sure your second hand HRV will be by a private owner.

used vezel, i not sure how to comment.

workshop will be in a better position to advise you.

they check condition of parts & access if it's matching with the millage.

but in my opinion, if the following are inclusive, i will give it a miss :

1. no leather chair - most of LCR are non leather. but they can wrap new leather and bluff u say condition good.
  2. single din radio - most rental buy at the cheapest option, will not have touch screen
  3. japalang brand tyre - rental company don't bother to give you good tyre
  4. rim full of scratches - previous driver probably dented the lower arm.
  5. dirty boot and under boot - low millage car should be generally clean. most people don't check the boot when buying second hand car. (anyway just to note, this car don't come with spare tyre)
  6. rear left side passenger seems more loose than other door. rightfully, if it's not opened that much, it should be quite rigid. - pasenger always board via that door haha

paintwork too new - take precaution also. the condition was probably so bad that if they don't paint, they can't sell.

paintowork very bad - make sure the millage is moderately high.

and for this, i am not sure: ask the dealer to prove to you their transfer document. when a person sell car, it's temporary transferred to the dealer.

New unit: i think i shall not suggest as well. but i will prefer to go for big player with reasonable selling price.

i just bought a friend to Vincar to buy a new fit, because i have another friend who sell car there as well. and they are reputable in their market. other bigger player are like Leco, CarTimes, PrimeCar, Mayfair, SanHupBee, 

while you compare between dealer, you will compare the following:

1. selling price of course
  2. interest rate
  3. coe bidding package
  4. their in house workshop
  5. warranty clauses
  6. freebies
  7. deposit refund policy incase loan fail / coe fail
  8. delivery dates
  9. direct importer? (idk if this is necessary to compare, but there are people who say get car from direct importer idk why)

anyway, most HRV are not private hire.

i am pretty sure your second hand HRV will be by a private owner.

i can't seems to edit my post.

-i mean if they can show you the document, you will know who is the previous owner. be it personal or company (rental)

Edited by Gohsj89
↡ Advertisement