Honda Vezel - Part 3

Lightsabre

I have a 2015 Vezel with Pioneer HU AVH-5750BT, and I wanted to listen to podcasts on my phone via the HU.

I first tried to connect the HU with my Samasung Galaxy S8 via bluetooth, but they can't seem to find each other. Not sure if they are compatible.

I thought an alternative would be to connect via AUX. It appears that there is a rear AUX port on the HU, but I can't seem to find it without dismantling the HU from my car. Is there an easy way to expose the AUX port so I can connect my phone to it?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Looking to replace my car and one main consideration for me is to lower my cost of ownership for the car, not just the purchase but also long term running costs (I generally drive the car until 9-10 years).

Am considering between Shuttle and Vezel.....wanna seek any feedback/advise what are the considerations ?

Also, hybrid option (for both) sounds tempting....how is the warranty and servicing for the batteries and its lifespan?

My only thought is that both these options do not have rear aircon.....in today’s Singapore hot hot weather it is becoming more of a necessity.....

Thanks

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi Just book a Vezel sensing unit from PI, Understand that the Sensing indicator in the car is in Japanese language.

Is there a way to convert it to English ? Thanks. I am a new comer, first post.

Can you refer me the name of PI and also any recommendation/tips while negotiating the price. 

• Praise 1

Hi,

Anyone encounter whining sound from the engine bay area? Fixed the alternator bearings and belt, but still persist.

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Looking to replace my car and one main consideration for me is to lower my cost of ownership for the car, not just the purchase but also long term running costs (I generally drive the car until 9-10 years).

Am considering between Shuttle and Vezel.....wanna seek any feedback/advise what are the considerations ?

Also, hybrid option (for both) sounds tempting....how is the warranty and servicing for the batteries and its lifespan?

My only thought is that both these options do not have rear aircon.....in today’s Singapore hot hot weather it is becoming more of a necessity.....

Thanks

Shuttle and Vezel unique selling point is their huge boot space ,Well known with their  60/40  magic seat . 

They using the same 1.5L DOHC i-VTEC engine which produce 129BHP for the car .

Fuel consumption for Honda shuttle (22km/L) is better compared to Honda vezel (20/L)is due to the chassis weight of shuttle is 60kg lesser . Honda vezel comes with original 16'' Sport rims , Honda shuttle comes with 15'' steel cap rims . 

Compare Honda vezel and Honda shuttle : 

Exterior : Both comes with LED head light but Honda vezel comes with halogen fog lamp while Shuttle comes with original LED fog lamp 

Interior : Shuttle interior design is more '' basic'' compared to vezel 

Performance: Mentioned Above 

Safety : Vezel comes with 6 airbags + 2 curtain airbag , shuttle comes with only 2 airbags 

Driving : Better vision while driving due Honda vezel (SUV) is higher compared to Honda shuttle ( Station wagon) 

Note : Vezel has easier access to the rear seat for the elder or someone with knee pain etc . 

For hybrid i will recommend you to do some calculation as the COE between CAT A and CAT B is difference by $15,000 it depends on how much will you drive per year . IF you only clock less than 25k km per year the petrol cost difference is only different by abit . Warranty Part , different PI has different workshop to cover the warranty . I have heard will need to do a replacement for the whole battery around the 5th to 7th years . MUST look for good workshop and check what is under warranty . If can , ask them to provide you with the warranty checklist . 

Difference between petrol and hybrid : 

Main difference is using  different gearbox , Hybrid : I-DCD (Inteligent - Dual Clutch Drive system) , Petrol : CVT ( Continous Variable Transmission ) . If you were to buy hybrid version remember to use the correct ATF ( Auto transmission fluid ) 

Aircon for the rear passenger : Honda vezel and shuttle 's head room big enough for the aircon flow from the front to the back (no need full blast). Have a peace of mind of this :)

Broken English , Hope you can understand . :) 

• Praise 7

Shuttle and Vezel unique selling point is their huge boot space ,Well known with their 60/40 magic seat .

They using the same 1.5L DOHC i-VTEC engine which produce 129BHP for the car .

Fuel consumption for Honda shuttle (22km/L) is better compared to Honda vezel (20/L)is due to the chassis weight of shuttle is 60kg lesser . Honda vezel comes with original 16'' Sport rims , Honda shuttle comes with 15'' steel cap rims .

Compare Honda vezel and Honda shuttle :

Exterior : Both comes with LED head light but Honda vezel comes with halogen fog lamp while Shuttle comes with original LED fog lamp

Interior : Shuttle interior design is more '' basic'' compared to vezel

Performance: Mentioned Above

Safety : Vezel comes with 6 airbags + 2 curtain airbag , shuttle comes with only 2 airbags

Driving : Better vision while driving due Honda vezel (SUV) is higher compared to Honda shuttle ( Station wagon)

Note : Vezel has easier access to the rear seat for the elder or someone with knee pain etc .

For hybrid i will recommend you to do some calculation as the COE between CAT A and CAT B is difference by $15,000 it depends on how much will you drive per year . IF you only clock less than 25k km per year the petrol cost difference is only different by abit . Warranty Part , different PI has different workshop to cover the warranty . I have heard will need to do a replacement for the whole battery around the 5th to 7th years . MUST look for good workshop and check what is under warranty . If can , ask them to provide you with the warranty checklist .

Difference between petrol and hybrid :

Main difference is using different gearbox , Hybrid : I-DCD (Inteligent - Dual Clutch Drive system) , Petrol : CVT ( Continous Variable Transmission ) . If you were to buy hybrid version remember to use the correct ATF ( Auto transmission fluid )

Aircon for the rear passenger : Honda vezel and shuttle 's head room big enough for the aircon flow from the front to the back (no need full blast). Have a peace of mind of this :)

Broken English , Hope you can understand . :)

I believe gasoline 1.5 both shuttle and vezel same same.

but hybrid version somehow shuttle 1.5 less power/torque than vezel..

• Praise 1

I believe gasoline 1.5 both shuttle and vezel same same.

but hybrid version somehow shuttle 1.5 less power/torque than vezel..

Yup ! Maybe the hybrid battery for Vezel is bigger than Shuttle hahahaha cant really figure out why the horsepower is different . Anyone know why ?

• Praise 1

Does the Hybrid version really produce more power 150hp than the petrol version 129hp? On paper, yes. But personally I dont think so, as the 150hp actually came from 2 different power souces, the petrol engine and the electric motor. You need a special mechanism and smart control to achive the additive resultant power, which most of the time is lacking in low end hybrid cars.

In reality, the hybrid version of vezel has max power = max (129, 21) hp = 129hp. That means the car has maximum power of 129hp only cuz the car is either run in electric mode or petrol mode but you cant add them up. Only under very rare and extreme scenarios does the hybrid combine the power output from both sources.

The faster 0-100km mainly came from the initial few seconds when the car is on electric mode but not from the paper max power of 150hp. What do you think?

• Praise 2

How Honda hybrid system works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0JtIHHoTno

Does the Hybrid version really produce more power 150hp than the petrol version 129hp? On paper, yes. But personally I dont think so, as the 150hp actually came from 2 different power souces, the petrol engine and the electric motor. You need a special mechanism and smart control to achive the additive resultant power, which most of the time is lacking in low end hybrid cars.

In reality, the hybrid version of vezel has max power = max (129, 21) hp = 129hp. That means the car has maximum power of 129hp only cuz the car is either run in electric mode or petrol mode but you cant add them up. Only under very rare and extreme scenarios does the hybrid combine the power output from both sources.

The faster 0-100km mainly came from the initial few seconds when the car is on electric mode but not from the paper max power of 150hp. What do you think?

Usually for high acceleration or going up steep slope, both petrol and electric engines work together, which occur quite frequently if you are an aggressive driver.

As what Awhtc has mentioned, Honda Hybrid methodology is to use the electric motor to give the petrol engine extra power when needed thus the HP can be higher when both kick in

• Praise 1

The video shows only how a hybrid work with DCT. It DOES NOT show how the power of the electric motor can be added to the power of the petrol engine. The use of hybrid mode is mainly to smooth out the gear shift of the transmission by maintaining a more constant torque in between gear change to have better acceleration. But this does not mean you can simply add the 21hp output of the electric motor and the 129hp of the petrol engine like simple number addition. The petrol engine in fact is sometimes used to charge back the electric motor’s battery bank so as to achieve better engine efficiency and fuel economy

Two example,
100kg(adult) +20kg (child) does not equal to the power of a 120kg (adult)
1 Pentium CPU + 1 Pentium CPU does not equal the throughput of an i7 CPU

Like wise
129hp(petrol) + 21hp(electric motor) will not give you the equivalent of a 150hp engine
Somemore now the electric motor in Vezel is not a plug in type but only a 21 EV baby motor

I would say hybrid engine is to give smoother acceleration and to mainly achieve fuel economy and engine efficiency, but not to give more power. 
Max HP of hybrid = 129hp+ 21hp = 150hp is just paper marketing
  • Praise 2

The video shows only how a hybrid work with DCT. It DOES NOT show how the power of the electric motor can be added to the power of the petrol engine. The use of hybrid mode is mainly to smooth out the gear shift of the transmission by maintaining a more constant torque in between gear change to have better acceleration. But this does not mean you can simply add the 21hp output of the electric motor and the 129hp of the petrol engine like simple number addition. The petrol engine in fact is sometimes used to charge back the electric motorâs battery bank so as to achieve better engine efficiency and fuel economy

Two example,

Like wise

129hp(petrol) + 21hp(electric motor) will not give you the equivalent of a 150hp engine

Somemore now the electric motor in Vezel is not a plug in type but only a 21 EV baby motor

I would say hybrid engine is to give smoother acceleration and to mainly achieve fuel economy and engine efficiency, but not to give more power.

The power is additive due to the design of the gear box. This Honda UK website provides a more detailed explanation.

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/coming-soon/hybrid.html

Aiyo... go for test drive and feel the difference la.

Happy with it buy. If feel it is not worth then buy the petrol version lor.

The video shows only how a hybrid work with DCT. It DOES NOT show how the power of the electric motor can be added to the power of the petrol engine. The use of hybrid mode is mainly to smooth out the gear shift of the transmission by maintaining a more constant torque in between gear change to have better acceleration. But this does not mean you can simply add the 21hp output of the electric motor and the 129hp of the petrol engine like simple number addition. The petrol engine in fact is sometimes used to charge back the electric motorâs battery bank so as to achieve better engine efficiency and fuel economy

Two example,

Like wise

yes. you are right.

is nearly but not direct add up...

The power is additive due to the design of the gear box. This Honda UK website provides a more detailed explanation.

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/coming-soon/hybrid.html

Even the original Honda Japan website themselves have never specified the power and torque of its hybrid Vezel as 150hp. Honda Japan only lists the power of its gasoline engine and the kw of the electric motor as separate entity and never attempt to add them up like simple number

The 150hp is more a marketing figure Honda agents and dealers invented for simplicity to tell the customers the how “good” the performance of its hybrid car in a single number. But of course this is not really true horsepower at wheel.

If you could successfully demonstrate the dyno of Vezel hybrid engine to have power curve that is constantly 21hp above that of Vezel petrol engine throughout all the rpm, then that would be a very convincing proof. Rather than googling me all those video on how a hybrid engine work. I never say internal combustion engine and electric motor are not working together in hybrid mode. However the power of hybrid engine at any rpm is not really 150hp by simply adding the two power source.

post-309750-0-09492300-1559226471_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement