Honda Vezel - Part 3

Lightsabre

Neutral Newbie

one more thing before i forget, when i opened the door, do u guys feel it being very (hollow)metal feel? ... not sure how to describe it but that was impression.

↡ Advertisement

one more thing before i forget, when i opened the door, do u guys feel it being very (hollow)metal feel? ... not sure how to describe it but that was impression.

Yes, but that gives it the lightness to achieve it's amazing fuel economy.

It uses airbags and other active safety features to the five star rating, not through heavy solid doors though..

(edited)

mar 16 vezel my friend want to sell at 83k is it considered reasonable?

Edited by Gnixer
  • Praise 2

Non-hybrid version? I guess it is reasonable even if it is. Quite cheap if it is hybrid.

I think its market price. Brandnew Vezel X HYbrid now is only $99k. Within first year standard market defacto standard is 20% depreciation the very second it leaves the showroom floor.

Anything more is a bonus.

Any one?

Good day all, 

I'm interested in purchasing a Vezel Hybrid. A lot of websites i saw said that the hybrid is more expensive than the regular.. But where I am from(trinidad), the government has actually removed all taxes/import fees/duties etc on hybrid vehicles so they are actually much cheaper to import.

I just have a question about the hybrid... Due to the cost of it for us, fuel savings is top priority. 

I'm concerned about the electric motor/ev mode??? At what point does the vehicle run solely on electric not utilizing any fuel?? Is it that the petrol engine kicks in at about 60km/h? 

Is there an "ev mode" button? or is this mode automatically entered depending on the speed you're travelling?

I'm also concerned because i have a friend who imported a nissan xtrail hybrid and he said that once he passes 25km/hr , the engine kicks in. 

Thank you in advance for your responses!

P.S I'm getting the Z model.

• Praise 1

Any one?

Seems your primary objective of the Vezel / HRV hybrid is fuel economy. If thats the driving force, you would be better off with a Hyundai Ioniq, Kia Niro or Toyota Prius.

The Z version of Vezel is the least fuel efficient because its the heaviest at 1320kg. Avg FC on the Z hybrid is about 16km/L.

The X hybrid and RS Hybrid is more fuel efficient because of body weight. X hybrid could get you 20km/L - 22km/L, RS at about 19-21Km/L

Seems your primary objective of the Vezel / HRV hybrid is fuel economy. If thats the driving force, you would be better off with a Hyundai Ioniq, Kia Niro or Toyota Prius.

The Z version of Vezel is the least fuel efficient because its the heaviest at 1320kg. Avg FC on the Z hybrid is about 16km/L.

The X hybrid and RS Hybrid is more fuel efficient because of body weight. X hybrid could get you 20km/L - 22km/L, RS at about 19-21Km/L

Thanks. Ok its not critical and I'm fine with the avg Fc.

But you haven't answered the questions that really concern me

• Praise 1

Thanks. Ok its not critical and I'm fine with the avg Fc.

But you haven't answered the questions that really concern me

Regarding EV and petrol. There is no fix speed it cuts in or cuts out. 100% dependent on how you control the throttle and the state of charge of the battery.

Honda uses IMA system of hybrid.

Explained here

Regarding EV and petrol. There is no fix speed it cuts in or cuts out. 100% dependent on how you control the throttle and the state of charge of the battery.

Explained here

Thank you. 

I will do some more research on IMA 

• Praise 1

Non-hybrid version? I guess it is reasonable even if it is. Quite cheap if it is hybrid.

non hybrid model but i find it hybrid the parf value very little after end of life. think about 2.5k
  • Praise 1

Explained here

According to Wikipedia, The vezel does not use IMA but instead uses sport hybrid i-DCD system . 

I also found the answer for my previous question:

"Honda's i-DCD is a fun hybrid to drive, switching between the smooth, fuel efficient motor-only EV Drive mode and the powerful, exciting motor / engine-powered Hybrid Drive mode, simply by how the accelerator is depressed."

http://world.honda.com/automobile-technology/i-DCD/topic1/

Neutral Newbie

Complicated stuff always have reliability issues

Our group of 250+ hybrid owners in the chat group has not encountered serious reliability issues with the car yet. Only time will tell as most of the cars are less than 2-year-old.
  • Praise 1

For me, Hybrid RS is the best choice for the 7DCT, upgraded suspension and 8+s century sprint. Small price to pay for the lower rebate but better FC.

• Praise 1

I mentioned to a friend that i would be importing a vezel soon and he mentioned that i would need to service the drivetrain ever so often.

What is he talking about? Or is he talking nonsesne?

For me, Hybrid RS is the best choice for the 7DCT, upgraded suspension and 8+s century sprint. Small price to pay for the lower rebate but better FC.

For those who like to chiong and crazy about modification RS is best
↡ Advertisement