10) Ecaf (Protege 1.6A Classic)
11) Failuredrill (1.6 Auto Classic)
12) Flaser (Ford Laser 1.6)
13) Ahliew(astina 323 1.6 hb)
14) midreef (Protege 1.6A)
15) w2k_83 (Protege 1.6A Classic)
16) M_protege (Protege 1.6M Sports)
17) Bossman (Mazda 6)
18) Jcers (Mazda Protege 1.6A Black Sports)
19) Laser (Ford Laser 1.6(A))
20) Akbk (Mazda 6, coming soon)
21) Greatodin (Protege 1.6M Classic)
22) zoomm (Protege 1.6A Sports Black)
23) Mhb9 (323HB)
24) Avatar_mp3 (Protege 1.6M)
25) Moneyplant
26) jonjees (Mazda 3 Sports, July) [Readding]
27) Lennonisdead
28) Law_ong (Protege 1.6M Classic)
29) Linus (Protege 1.6A Classic)
30) Mazda_Mad (Mazda 323 1.6A Auto)
31) Zoomprotege (323 Classic - Champagne* Just got rear-end
32) kosten1982 (Mazda3 1.6A Sports Titanium Grey, COMING SOON!wheeee...
33) Chutzup (Famili 1.6A)
34) Tenminste (323 Protege 1.6A)
35) Homey (Mazda6)
36) Altum (Protege 1.6A - Also just got rear-ended 1 week ago, now brand new bumper and boot cover)
37) Robin (Protege 1.6A)
38) Elina
39) Hockmeng
40) Husky (Black Mazda2 - only Mazda2 so far?????)
41) Jamestan (Mazda 323 1.6A)
42) Supermario (MZ3 Basic Grey)
43) Sheltie2306 (Me too, Silver Mazda 323 1.6A, with 4 tail lamps and rear fog light)
44) Zealot (Silver Mazda 323 1.6A
45) Tan280 (Mazda 6)
46) Superman (Mazda 323 1.6A)
47) CyberET (Silver Protege 03 1.6A)
48) Panda (Ex-owner 323 1.6M)
49) Kevinalexandria (Silver protege 1.6A)
50) Mzrmazda3 (Mazda 3 RS)
51) Reliable
52) Satan (Mazda 3 Very Stocked Basic Black Mica)
53) muak muak (M3)
54) kaiserdome (Mazda3 Basic Tigrey)
55) Akira - Mz3
56) Shiwao ( Shining Silver Mz2)
57) Jlim ( Mazda323 1.6A )

58) Athena (Mazda3 Black)

59) Clem229 (Mazda 3 1.5 Deluxe)

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Wow....I learn something more about the car all the time from this forum...not from TEK :-(  Thanks, Bro!!

They never told me we can get the updates from the websites directly. Here's the link...

https://mazda-row.naviextras.com/shop/portal/newCatalog?selectedTab=1

Got my CX5 in Mar-16.  This week went for 10k servicing.  Asked the SE to update the GPS map for me, but he said I need to download Mazda Toolbox to update myself.  Did that but Mazda Toolbox stated nothing to update for my SD card.  However, my maps are dated Jun-2015, and the latest update supposed to be Feb-2017, which under option I can pay to download.

Isn't Mazda providing 3 years free update?

Edited by jonleelk
  • Praise 1

Got my CX5 in Mar-16.  This week went for 10k servicing.  Asked the SE to update the GPS map for me, but he said I need to download Mazda Toolbox to update myself.  Did that but Mazda Toolbox stated nothing to update for my SD card.  However, my maps are dated Jun-2015, and the latest update supposed to be Feb-2017, which under option I can pay to download.

Isn't Mazda providing 3 years free update?

Yes, supposed to but I have given up trying to argue with TEK. Recently, my car stalled on the road 2 days after servicing and they said it's because I mix different brand of fuel. The service manager said if I use Shell, I must stick with Shell for the rest of the car life. Like that also can!? As for the GPS, I found google map on my iphone works much better. So I didn't bother with the update anymore.

• Praise 1

Yes, supposed to but I have given up trying to argue with TEK. Recently, my car stalled on the road 2 days after servicing and they said it's because I mix different brand of fuel. The service manager said if I use Shell, I must stick with Shell for the rest of the car life. Like that also can!? As for the GPS, I found google map on my iphone works much better. So I didn't bother with the update anymore.

First time hear use different petrol will stall engine ... :slow:

On a side note, any bros have success story on touch up pen for soul red?

On a side note, any bros have success story on touch up pen for soul red?

1105_large.jpg

Read from internet this Testors Stop Light Red - Metallic (1105TT) seems to be a good fit for our Soul Red.  Amazon able to ship direct to SG.  Any bro tried before, or know whether it is available in SG?

One "advisor" that you can strike off the list surely....
  • Praise 1

Hi everyone,

Booked a Mazda 3 Deluxe last Sun. SE said should be able to get car end of this month. 2nd Mazda as currently own a Mazda 3 SP.

Looking forward to learning and sharing stuffs on my coming new ride  [laugh]

• Praise 1

one question regarding the papago cam that comes with it - can we install third party relay for the cam to run during parked?

else, what could be the budget method?

thanks

• Praise 1

one question regarding the papago cam that comes with it - can we install third party relay for the cam to run during parked?

else, what could be the budget method?

thanks

Hi bro Jackwolf, I would like to know this too.. I read the Papago manual, there is motion on/ off.. mean this is also design for recording during park right?

ya i just read in another thread that TEK doesn't encourage cam o running while parking as it might affects the car battery and the ismart function. if it is so, then the solution is very limited other than installing an additional battery to support the cam running 24hr.

Bro carforlife & jackwolf,

I was at TEK on Sat asking my SE if I can have my iRoad installed instead (got it from AAS) of the Papago. He said he had tried before but their installer didn't want to accommodate this request.

I'll be installing the given cam as such. I asked if the cam is wired to run 24x7 and SE said no. He said as I'm an OPC, I could run the risk of having my battery go flat. Some feedback he received too was the iStop will take longer to work

He said if I want to have it running 24x7, I should look for a reliable shop to do it

Hope this helps

Cheers

Edited by hollyrad

I was at TEK on Sat asking my SE if I can have my iRoad installed instead (got it from AAS) of the Papago. He said he had tried before but their installer didn't want to accommodate this request.

I'll be installing the given cam as such. I asked if the cam is wired to run 24x7 and SE said no. He said as I'm an OPC, I could run the risk of having my battery go flat. Some feedback he received too was the iStop will take longer to work

He said if I want to have it running 24x7, I should look for a reliable shop to do it

Hope this helps

Cheers

Bro,

if you want to connect your cam to the car battery, your cam must at least have auto cut-off when low voltage else you risk unable to start your car.

I am using Iroad V7 and it is connected to the car battery with auto cut off at low voltage. I have heard of people using iroad and the auto cut off didnt happen so thats a risk although i never encounter that for 2 years. Also how long the cam works with car battery in the carpark depends on the condition of the battery. I can get 4-5 hours with Mazda orginal battery but as battery gets old it can only manage few mins.I have changed to new Bosch Q85 battery but it can only record less then 30mins. I don't have any problem with istop when my cam connect to battery. Only when battery time to change, the istop will be amber and the standard management pop-up message will appear.

I have switched to iroad powerpack few months back. The cam uses the powerpack at carpark and powerpack charges when car is on. No problem doing 24 hr recording and no risk to battery going flat. 

Your SE is right, go to a reliable shop. Iroad product you can only go to authorised dealer else also no warranty.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Thanks for reply.. but when camera with motion sensor , doesn't it means power consumption should be minimum (not full time recording)..

Ya, camera with low power cut off is a must to prevent car can not start. Any idea on the Mazda fitted Papago ?

It's just 1 year of free updating.

Anyone bought the update?

Just updated my map to Jun 2017. After 1 year, it is S$185.38 for single time map update and S$314.96 for 3 year map subscription.  

Turbocharged

Just updated my map to Jun 2017. After 1 year, it is S$185.38 for single time map update and S$314.96 for 3 year map subscription.

Wah so expensive. Need to find hacks to install maps on our own.

Supercharged

Hi, I thought I read that you just collected your ride this month, so I'm surprised that you're making an update of the map so soon; do you mean that the GPS did not come with the latest map installed? I'm timing for the update just before hitting 1 year anniversary, thereafter I'll just live with that version for as long as I keep the car :)

• Praise 1

Hi, I thought I read that you just collected your ride this month, so I'm surprised that you're making an update of the map so soon; do you mean that the GPS did not come with the latest map installed? I'm timing for the update just before hitting 1 year anniversary, thereafter I'll just live with that version for as long as I keep the car :)

The car is new. The map is on the SD card. The SD card did not have the latest version of the map.

The SD card is registered with the car VIN no. The 1 year starts when your car reaches 100 km. It is not 1 year from the first update.

• Praise 3

ya i just read in another thread that TEK doesn't encourage cam o running while parking as it might affects the car battery and the ismart function. if it is so, then the solution is very limited other than installing an additional battery to support the cam running 24hr.

Hi Jackwolf, it means d papago cam got parkin mode?

Any1 knws?

↡ Advertisement