Mazda CX-8

Notsogoodman

Message added by kobayashiGT

Go participate in your favourite Mazda CX-8 here!

12 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

Seems like our stocks will be from Malaysia as well. Mazda did say the Kedah plant will supply regionally

seriously who will buy a MIM at MIJ price? 

• Praise 1

On 1/10/2020 at 9:38 PM, Gnomish said:

seriously who will buy a MIM at MIJ price? 

Spoke to an SE at the motorshow. She was adamant it will be Made in Japan, even after I challenged her.  

Also mentioned q3 or q4 it'll arrive. Had a look through it and somewhat disappointed. The one they have at the motorshow is a 6 seater with two captains chairs and centre console. Wasn't able to find out the engine. SE also said they have no idea what spec will come to SG since it's so far into future it'll arrive. 

Personally think the cx9 is a better car and better looker. Cx8 was only created to fill a hole in the Japan market since the cx9 was too big for regulations. 

• Praise 2

16 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

Spoke to an SE at the motorshow. She was adamant it will be Made in Japan, even after I challenged her.  

Also mentioned q3 or q4 it'll arrive. Had a look through it and somewhat disappointed. The one they have at the motorshow is a 6 seater with two captains chairs and centre console. Wasn't able to find out the engine. SE also said they have no idea what spec will come to SG since it's so far into future it'll arrive. 

Personally think the cx9 is a better car and better looker. Cx8 was only created to fill a hole in the Japan market since the cx9 was too big for regulations. 

It uses the same 2.5L SKyactiv G as found in the CX5, Mazda 6... Not the turbo version as seen in the CX9

Seriously we customers can and will know more than the SE la. Google is your best friend.

RHD CX8 will be made in Malaysia and exported regionally. Australia ones are made in aussie land. 

Pls get used to it. If you guys can accept Thailand made products or even South Africa made Ford Ranger and Mercedes Benz, why can't u accept Malaysia made Mazda? Mazda didn't invest $$ there to have the local create Proton like quality CX5 and CX8. You mean South African blacks offer better workmanship than Malaysians?

Please go check out their CX5 and CX8 at any of their showrooms. And then tell me if there is any difference in build quality as compared to our Japan made ones. The only boo boo is that their Mazda doesn't have standard Bose speakers package, not even an option even. 

But there is nothing stopping Mazda from installing the Bose speakers for export markets. 

Anyway, if u take notice on the tail gate badge on the showcar, it said CX8 Elite. JDM ones will never use such tacky moniker. Its from Malaysia la

• Praise 3

My 1.4m meter tall son has problem getting into the last row. But once inside, he said quite comfy. If mil or old folks would be a challenge. Overall, I felt it’s better than the CR-V but lost out in space to the Sorento.  The interior fittings still best among the Japanese. 

It is a good compromise for those whom has the need for 6 seats occasionally or once a week. The CX-9 would be too big and drink too much petrol for this type of user. 

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, Fat_slayer said:

My 1.4m meter tall son has problem getting into the last row. But once inside, he said quite comfy. If mil or old folks would be a challenge. Overall, I felt it’s better than the CR-V but lost out in space to the Sorento.  The interior fittings still best among the Japanese. 

It is a good compromise for those whom has the need for 6 seats occasionally or once a week. The CX-9 would be too big and drink too much petrol for this type of user. 

One thing Mazda designers got it right is that the 2nd row can fully slide to the rear if the 3rd row is not used for passengers. 

At max slide back mode, legroom is downright enormous. Can compete with real MPVs eg Alphard etc in terms of sheer legroom space. And being real individual buckets inside of a simple bench seat, seat comfort and support is assured.  

This setup is to solve the less than ideal rear legroom of CX5. 

• Praise 2

17 hours ago, Fat_slayer said:

I would agree that the CX-8 has a better third-row than the CRV (I own a 7-seater CRV).  I would defend the CRV, by saying that it's a 5+2, whereas the CX-8 is trying to be a true 7-seater.  Honda is somehow very good at their interior packaging compared to Mazda.  The fact that they could even consider fitting 2 more seats in the back is shocking, given it's the same length and width as the CX5.  Of note the CRV 2 rear seats is actually better than the X-trail 2 seats, despite the X-trail being a bigger car.

Depending on how they price the CX-8, I personally don't see the point of it.  The CX-9 is just a better car and it's not that much bigger than the CX-8.  I think the general feedback is the CX-8 is just a crappier version of the CX-9.  It's similar dimensions and weight, but doesn't have the same level of space or even driving characteristics (if the reviews are to be believed).

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, GTO-1 said:

I would agree that the CX-8 has a better third-row than the CRV (I own a 7-seater CRV).  I would defend the CRV, by saying that it's a 5+2, whereas the CX-8 is trying to be a true 7-seater.  Honda is somehow very good at their interior packaging compared to Mazda.  The fact that they could even consider fitting 2 more seats in the back is shocking, given it's the same length and width as the CX5.  Of note the CRV 2 rear seats is actually better than the X-trail 2 seats, despite the X-trail being a bigger car.

Depending on how they price the CX-8, I personally don't see the point of it.  The CX-9 is just a better car and it's not that much bigger than the CX-8.  I think the general feedback is the CX-8 is just a crappier version of the CX-9.  It's similar dimensions and weight, but doesn't have the same level of space or even driving characteristics (if the reviews are to be believed).

For the price that Mazda is expected to charge, I will not consider this car if it is made in Malaysia. CRV is an excellent overall package that is hard to beat. The way Mazda price the CX, often very hard to see the point.

On 1/12/2020 at 10:03 PM, Fat_slayer said:

Versus a kodiaq? 

1 hour ago, andrewyewkc said:

For the price that Mazda is expected to charge, I will not consider this car if it is made in Malaysia. CRV is an excellent overall package that is hard to beat. The way Mazda price the CX, often very hard to see the point.

Tentative pricing for the CX 8 Elite (aka top spec 2.5L model) is at about $160k according to the SE that served me at the motorshow

CX9 Lux model at $190k

• Praise 1

The cx 8 is kinda half baked...look at the  second row you can only seat two behind with the cup holder inbetween of 2 person...last row is really small best if you put your pug or bull dog at the last row of seat.    

cx9 still beat the 8 by good margin of space  and interior 

↡ Advertisement