BTO flat bathroom doors splitting, HDB does nothing

oleandero

yes.....usually wooden doors are glued together usung pva glue and it is not water or moisture friendly. I just changed my toilet doors after 21 yrs of use after a few basic maintenance...last straw was when my daughter opened the door with her brute strength and the doir split into 2....

↡ Advertisement

alamak, bro, you never said you wan change.

I got lobang for $160. I changed one last Dec. Si bey wasted in fact, as HDB got home improvement works that will include it coming up nine months later (which just completed 2 wk ago...). So the 9-mth old $160 door got thrown and replaced again... [bigcry]

hahaha.....life like that wan!

I got lobang for $160. I changed one last Dec. Si bey wasted in fact, as HDB got home improvement works that will include it coming up nine months later (which just completed 2 wk ago...). So the 9-mth old $160 door got thrown and replaced again... [bigcry]

Normal lah

My flash gun spoiled over the weekend

Sianz

Please share $160 folding door lobang~

:D

Thank you.

I got lobang for $160. I changed one last Dec. Si bey wasted in fact, as HDB got home improvement works that will include it coming up nine months later (which just completed 2 wk ago...). So the 9-mth old $160 door got thrown and replaced again...  [bigcry]

Please share $160 folding door lobang~

:D

Thank you.

Got it from Gumtree i think. Dunno got shop or not one, but she will send someone to measure the dimension first, then need to pay half the fee as deposit as confirmation. Balance half pay on completion of job.

Her name is Theresa. Dunno she appreciates broadcasting her no. or not. Will PM you.

in e end i managed to join the fb of my estate.. many of such incident reported, ranging from within warranty period and outside of warranty period. 

those reported during warranty period got their doors nailed back, polished the portion and touchup of paint.. i thought they were going to do 1for1 replacement the doors man! 

im just going to use glue and pop it back. use for awhile more and then decide if want to get the PD door.. 

in e end i managed to join the fb of my estate.. many of such incident reported, ranging from within warranty period and outside of warranty period.

those reported during warranty period got their doors nailed back, polished the portion and touchup of paint.. i thought they were going to do 1for1 replacement the doors man!

im just going to use glue and pop it back. use for awhile more and then decide if want to get the PD door..

Maybe paint it with lacquer

Think can up the water resistant

http://m.wisegeek.org/what-are-the-best-methods-for-waterproofing-wood.htm

Change the whole door?

Haha, no way bro!

HDB want cheap want good, squeeze the contractor for lowest price sure get this type of quality.

Just get those 'tiger' glue or similar, glue the thing back then finish it up with nails. Will last one.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

Her name is Theresa. Dunno she appreciates broadcasting her no. or not. Will PM you.

Bro, Is it same Theresa?

Buy two only S$300. Really cheap deal.

Edited by Mcf777

Twincharged

just rcvd a letter from HDB : "periodic inspection for HDB buildings."

anyone got this before ?? they say need to enter flat to take photo of condition ...

anything can contact HDB Hub to verify.

problem I have with the letter is that its attn. to : The Residents / Tenants of blk xxx, #xx-xxx. singapore xxxxxx

don't they know who is the owner ??

anyone got this before ?? they say need to enter flat to take photo of condition ...

problem I have with the letter is that its attn. to : The Residents / Tenants of blk xxx, #xx-xxx. singapore xxxxxx

contractor, you can ignore them.

if you really have problem can always call hdb.

Twincharged

contractor, you can ignore them.

if you really have problem can always call hdb.

looks quite legit ... except no name only ... I have sent email to HDB to verify as I am skeptic of the details from the letter also.

post-2854-0-61577400-1506923010_thumb.jpg

I think i received this last month too.

Called up HDB, and they said it's real one.

But they also said it's not compulsory. And specifically said if i can't make it, then no need worry. No need do anything...

[hur]

• Praise 2

looks quite legit ... except no name only ... I have sent email to HDB to verify as I am skeptic of the details from the letter also.

i received the exact same letter although i am not living in east side. 

same consultant company!

means one company check all the HDB block in Singapore ? 

from the list, only the 2 PE have Singapore NRIC number, the rest of the Asst Engineers not local. 

But they also said it's not compulsory. And specifically said if i can't make it, then no need worry. No need do anything...

[hur]

Good to know, thanks for sharing.  

• Praise 1

[hur]

usually i won't bother as it is not compulsory, i also worry what 'issues' they could find in my house and want me to rectify at my own cost   [laugh]

if i have any specific issue i will then inform HDB to fix.

usually i won't bother as it is not compulsory, i also worry what 'issues' they could find in my house and want me to rectify at my own cost   [laugh]

if i have any specific issue i will then inform HDB to fix.

Yah that's normal.

I called up in case it's compulsory. Also cos my flat had those Home Improvement Program 4 weeks ago, and it was scheduled to last 2 weeks. So i figured if cannot siam it, then I'll arrange it to coincide with the HIP so that it's more convenient.

Then the officer whom i spoke to, said no need to worry...

Even better...

Turbocharged

My cousin estate having upgrading.

The person (from hdb) will come and knock knock here and there at the whole house.

Write down all the defects and hollow bricks/flooring in yr house (including taking photos)

In case of any claim, they will say it's not their fault.

Edited by Mcf777
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1