BTO flat bathroom doors splitting, HDB does nothing

oleandero

On 9/21/2017 at 4:09 PM, oleandero said:

utterly disappointed with HDB (whats new?!)

Long story short:

collected BTO flat keys Feb 2016, punggol along waterway area

recently spotted master bedroom toilet door starting to split at the edges from the bottom. first noticed in July 2017. called HDB and was informed past warranty period. nothing can be done. gave me contractor's contact for quote, contractor bo huh me. fine

few days ago, spotted common toilet door starting to split at the edges from the top. emailed into HDB feedback. received call from the same officer who spoke to me the first time and regurgitated the same "out of warranty" story. when i refused to budge, another lady spoke to me and said it may be due to the owners not doing proper maintenance and due to usage issues. seriously? how to use until the edges split? bang the door daily as a hobby? 

if its only one door, fine, i suay. now its both doors. obviously its quality issues! we topup for optional components for inferior products! kaos. 

(no idea why after attaching the picture was rotated) 

post-147193-0-33899400-1505980995.jpg

post-147193-0-31043800-1505981198.jpg

any bros encountered anything similar and managed to get HDB do something about the issue? can share?

im so sorry for starting in the wrong section.. how can i move it to non-car related! sorry!!

It's fair to say that it's out of warranty.  Even condo development has one year warranty policy. 

Anyway, just change the doors. Doesn't cost alot. 

Every unit built is not perfect. Confirmed got defects. U just don't see it from your eyes only. 

• Praise 3

Nowadays, a lot of people behave like small kids like that, can make decisions to buy big ticket items but small things cannot resolve on their own, like to complain to MP, complain to media, complain to the whole world

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

34 minutes ago, Tayv said:

Nowadays, a lot of people behave like small kids like that, can make decisions to buy big ticket items but small things cannot resolve on their own, like to complain to MP, complain to media, complain to the whole world

To be fair if such incident happened to your resident you will also likewise do the same.

Complain to MP. Unless you are saying you can get contractor to do external wall refurbishing work which ironically also need hdb / town council consent. 

Just need to feedback to Town Council and let them handle it.  No need to complain to MP over such small matter

Edited by Tayv

House cabinet complain to town council?

Machiam  merc broke down complain to BM....

To complain to MP is to highlight the incompetence of HDB on a larger scale, not just the cabinet issue. 

• Haha! 1

I would definitely go to the boss of town council and not to the maintenance officer if I would want to get the job done.

Unless they are saying Town council isn't under the helm of MP.  

I won't accept it when come general election proclaim MP to helm the town council and after election too small matter to trouble MP.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Tayv said:

Just need to feedback to Town Council and let them handle it.  No need to complain to MP over such small matter

Town council will just swept under the carpet,  especially those from wearing white.

• Praise 1

Looks like the lipping has warped causing it to delaminate from the door panel. For latent defects, you can still invoke Limitation Period after expiry of DLP. The lipping is treated hardwood and should not warp so easily. If you write to QSM with the facts, they will act promptly.

↡ Advertisement