New petrol company Sinopec in SG.. lower prices coming?

Theoldjaffa

It seems like its not all green in China afterall.. News of petrochina entering a slump doesn't sound like a good news to all of us especially those who pumps SPC.. Waiting to see how hard its gonna hit SG..

Mods, dunno if this is the right thread to post in. Pardon me if its wrong and merge it to the right place if deem inappropriate here.tks.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-29/the-biggest-stock-collapse-in-world-history-has-no-end-in-sight?cmpid=socialflow-facebook-asia&utm_content=asia&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

This type of News won't affect Motorists,only affect those Suppliers to them..

↡ Advertisement

It seems like its not all green in China afterall.. News of petrochina entering a slump doesn't sound like a good news to all of us especially those who pumps SPC.. Waiting to see how hard its gonna hit SG..

Mods, dunno if this is the right thread to post in. Pardon me if its wrong and merge it to the right place if deem inappropriate here.tks.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-29/the-biggest-stock-collapse-in-world-history-has-no-end-in-sight?cmpid=socialflow-facebook-asia&utm_content=asia&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

the cartel will use this to increase petrol prices all round...
  • Praise 1

Don't know how the Chinese got is going to stomach these losses...  [shocked]

Quote from link (2015)

"Mr Tharman said he also had some good news for drivers: a one-year road tax rebate of 20 per cent for cars, 60 per cent for motorcycles and 100 per cent for the small number of commercial vehicles using petrol.

The road tax rebate will offset about two-thirds of the impact of the petrol duty change on intermediate grade petrol for a typical car. The one-year road tax rebate will cost the Government $144 million."

It is always such statement that Government wants us to know they are doing us a favor. It is like increase your rent but give you a free bedsheet but expect you to say thank you.  

Can Mr Tharman please don't introduce anything and keep things status quo? Once road tax is reduced, I am very worried what are going up next very soon. :a-noway:

• Praise 1

Don't know how the Chinese got is going to stomach these losses...  [shocked]

This type of "BIG" Business,all belongs to "Ah Gong" in China,why worry.?

"Oil consultant Ong Eng Tong said: "Most of the oil majors would like to divest their petrol stations. First, it is not their priority, and second, (it is due to) the coming of electric vehicles in the not-too-distant future."

this guy for real?

Don't know how the Chinese got is going to stomach these losses... [shocked]

What losses?

It's the investors that put in the money at the inflated valuation, not the Chinese govt.

This type of "BIG" Business,all belongs to "Ah Gong" in China,why worry.?

These few big companies were part of the Chinese govt at one pt one time (like our smrt). They just decided to split it out and make it a private company.

We already flipped prata with smrt but let's see if it works for the Chinese.

I suspect they won't do the same because they still have more control via crude import quotas and product export quotas.

Edited by Kusje

What losses?

It's the investors that put in the money at the inflated valuation, not the Chinese govt.

These few big companies were part of the Chinese govt at one pt one time (like our smrt). They just decided to split it out and make it a private company.

I suspect they won't do the same because they still have more control via crude import quotas and product export quotas.

high flying insider... can explain your last statement

very vague leh.... peasant cannot understand your point

What losses?

If things go wrong, won't that affect the shareholders too, given that majority of the shareholders (more than 90%) belongs to the state?

Turbocharged

What happened to Sinopec?

Was hoping they come on board soon to offer some respite to sky high petrol prices.

Supersonic

high flying insider... can explain your last statement

very vague leh.... peasant cannot understand your point

Twincharged

What happened to Sinopec?

Was hoping they come on board soon to offer some respite to sky high petrol prices.

Now China got Capital Control,cannot export $$$ outside of China easily.

Hypersonic

Sifu.... I deliberately kept it vague cuz I didn't manage to google much about it. Was hoping you'd elaborate more on it for me but instead you start questioning me. Dun like that leh, expose me for what?

expose what? i really don’t understand what you trying to say mah... peasant still learning

btw those big chinese oil majors are no longer under central govt control har?

Supersonic

expose what? i really donât understand what you trying to say mah... peasant still learning

btw those big chinese oil majors are no longer under central govt control har?

ð¬

Expose my ignorance lor.

Sifu, which Chinese company is not under central govt control ah?