Intermittent Fasting (the IF warrior)

Tianmo

6 months into IF. Pretty smooth sailing since I did not vary my diet and exercise regime.

Numbers speak for themselves. Quite pleased all weight loss due to reduction in fats while muscle mass remains. For Feb itself, mileage reduced and eating increased due to CNY. Lucky that fats continued to reduce slightly compared to Jan.

6 months from now plan a simple blood test to compare with the one I took when I began IF. Wondering if there will be any change.

On a side note, begin to like the Mifit app with the latest update. It has a very flattering comment on my body age. Not true but feel shiok.

post-210087-0-24808000-1551431497_thumb.jpg

post-210087-0-59702400-1551431647_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

6 months into IF. Pretty smooth sailing since I did not vary my diet and exercise regime.

Numbers speak for themselves. Quite pleased all weight loss due to reduction in fats while muscle mass remains. For Feb itself, mileage reduced and eating increased due to CNY. Lucky that fats continued to reduce slightly compared to Jan.

6 months from now plan a simple blood test to compare with the one I took when I began IF. Wondering if there will be any change.

On a side note, begin to like the Mifit app with the latest update. It has a very flattering comment on my body age. Not true but feel shiok.ð

Pretty impress with your bf% trend. Well done.
  • Praise 2

Reality checked at the clinic.

post-2654-0-82387000-1551774326_thumb.jpg

So i decided to walk home from SGH, all 7.22km. Need to push myself further.

post-2654-0-64695100-1551774412_thumb.jpg

• Praise 5

now i take 2 eggs for protein after my workout, cos i read somewhere that protein should be ingested like within a 15 mins window?

should i give that up and go IF instead?

wanna lose fat and gain muscle. 

• Praise 1

now i take 2 eggs for protein after my workout, cos i read somewhere that protein should be ingested like within a 15 mins window?

should i give that up and go IF instead?

wanna lose fat and gain muscle.

I suppose that means you are unable to schedule your workout during the feeding window...

Hmmmmm, noob here so waiting for answers too.

• Praise 1

Just to give an update of 1mth+ of novice IF.

Typically I will do 16/8, including weekends. Sometimes no choice like March school holidays took a 5 day break, or attend wedding dinners etc. But I will say I did around 3 weeks of 16/8 in the month.

Results wise, lost about 1.5kg. Not really fast progress as I'm nursing an injury and haven't been exercising at all. Am 81kg now, hope to break below 80 soon and get to my ideal weight of 75kg by end of the year

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I hv tried both LCHF diet n IF. For me, LCHF is more efficient in losing weight n belly. Lost almost 8kg n 2in in waist size by doing lchf.

When doing IF, weight either maintain or increased a bit. N belly somehow got a bit bigger.

I guess for me my nemesis is carbs. Once i started to eat carbs agn, the belly began to appear.

• Praise 3

Had a pleasant surprise this morning. Was just 81kg on Monday and 3 days later drop below 80kg. So all in all I lost 3kg in March alone. Maybe it's a combination of resuming gym training (fasted) and strict IF this week minimum 16:8, on some days can be 18:6. Am working towards a OMAD plan. But just worried I will not be able to consume so much in 1 sitting and get all the macros in. Maybe just try for few days OMAD just for the fun of it. Long term wise still working towards 75kg, hope to get there soon.

Anyway TGIF to all IF warriors!

post-68169-0-18613700-1553825080_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 3

Had a pleasant surprise this morning. Was just 81kg on Monday and 3 days later drop below 80kg. So all in all I lost 3kg in March alone. Maybe it's a combination of resuming gym training (fasted) and strict IF this week minimum 16:8, on some days can be 18:6. Am working towards a OMAD plan. But just worried I will not be able to consume so much in 1 sitting and get all the macros in. Maybe just try for few days OMAD just for the fun of it. Long term wise still working towards 75kg, hope to get there soon.

Anyway TGIF to all IF warriors!

Wow, drop very fast.

Hi all IF warriors, hope all is well with you all.

Another month has passed and I have now done 2mths+ of IF. For this month though, I have slowed down the pace and do 16:8 for max 5 days a week, losing another 1 kg. Overall very pleased with the results, have come down from 83kg to 78kg now.

Am quite satisfied with the food/diet part, so now will tweak with the training aspect. Still continue fasted training, but lesser HIIT or cardio and more full body strength training.

post-68169-0-20496700-1555984265_thumb.jpg

• Praise 5

I hv tried both LCHF diet n IF. For me, LCHF is more efficient in losing weight n belly. Lost almost 8kg n 2in in waist size by doing lchf.

When doing IF, weight either maintain or increased a bit. N belly somehow got a bit bigger.

I guess for me my nemesis is carbs. Once i started to eat carbs agn, the belly began to appear.

Yah same for me. Plus beer to make it worse. I think LCHF still more effective provided do it right.

• Praise 2

Yah same for me. Plus beer to make it worse. I think LCHF still more effective provided do it right.

Yes different strokes for different folks. I've cut down sugar but still can't cut carbs. IF gives me the freedom to eat, which is what I enjoy.

I think at the end of the day, whichever program it is, the fundamentals remain the same: i.e. Calories in vs calories out.

So in IF, since I only eat 2 meals a day, I have effectively reduced my calorie intake by 33%. I'm guessing that it will be less than 2k calories, which is lower than my maintenance levels of around 2600 calories (for 80kg male). So I will lose weight.

Similarly, for LCHF the food intake is caloric dense foods like protein and fats and this keeps the person satiated longer and therefore eat lesser. So the daily calories intake also lesser as a result and therefore will also lose weight.

Therefore many roads lead to Rome, as long as you make an effort to change, you will get there someday,

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

LCHF definitely more effective for me. but now due to change in job, cant really do LCHF. 

LCHF helped me flatten my tummy  abit. now, tummy is back out, wif increase in 2kg suspected to go all to the tummy. LOL!!

• Praise 1

Yes different strokes for different folks. I've cut down sugar but still can't cut carbs. IF gives me the freedom to eat, which is what I enjoy.

I think at the end of the day, whichever program it is, the fundamentals remain the same: i.e. Calories in vs calories out.

So in IF, since I only eat 2 meals a day, I have effectively reduced my calorie intake by 33%. I'm guessing that it will be less than 2k calories, which is lower than my maintenance levels of around 2600 calories (for 80kg male). So I will lose weight.

Similarly, for LCHF the food intake is caloric dense foods like protein and fats and this keeps the person satiated longer and therefore eat lesser. So the daily calories intake also lesser as a result and therefore will also lose weight.

Therefore many roads lead to Rome, as long as you make an effort to change, you will get there someday,

Do note that your body is intelligence to adapt to your lower intake and your BMR may drop too...introduce exercise to outsmart the brain for more calories lost....

• Praise 2

Do note that your body is intelligence to adapt to your lower intake and your BMR may drop too...introduce exercise to outsmart the brain for more calories lost....

Yes am aware of it. Like I mentioned since I have dropped 5kg in just 2 months, I am reducing the IF to no more than 5x a week, so as not to get the body adjusted to IF and hopefully still maintain a high BMR. Am also exercising to maximise the effects, esp fasted training.

I think 10-15 percent drop in caloric intake only with IF. Unless u r really disciplined about how u eat. I usually eat more for lunch if I miss bf for IF.

I think 10-15 percent drop in caloric intake only with IF. Unless u r really disciplined about how u eat. I usually eat more for lunch if I miss bf for IF.

Hmm I don't feel so leh. No feast and famine for me. I don't eat more to make up for the lack of breakfast. On the contrary, I feel I don't eat as much or at most the normal portion when doing IF. In fact, I noticed that when I eat normally, I have tendency to keep eating, like forever eat no full. after 3 hours hungry again. But on IF, I don't feel hunger pangs that often. But I do drink more water when I am on IF, usually more than 2 litres even before I break my fast. Maybe this affects too.

↡ Advertisement